Stereos stolen from vehicles in Augusta lot

Several vehicles were broken into after three people scaled the fence at RJE Towing Sunday evening.

An employee notified authorities about 7:30 p.m. after noticing the three on the property and seeing that stereos were missing from four vehicles in the lot at 1949 Old Savannah Road, according to a Richmond County Sheriff's Office incident report.

Three juveniles matching the description given by the employee were later found outside the property but were not in possession of the stolen items.

The three were escorted home by deputies.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/05/11 - 05:47 am
Escorted home????........I

Escorted home????........I hope they got their names.

Gunner71
Gunner71 04/05/11 - 10:53 am
that's because they hid the

that's because they hid the stuff. yeah...i hope they at least got the names.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 04/05/11 - 12:23 pm
On a road that is a bit skew

On a road that is a bit skew to that one, I know of one business that the vehicles on his lot were broken in, vandalized and stolen out of over thirty times in ONE YEAR before he lost count! This began quite a few years ago and prompted the owner to inform customers upfront that he does not want vehicles left there overnight and if they do so, it is at their own risk. He has discovered vehicles that were left open because there was nothing of value was in them vandalized, too. This type of brazen criminal activity is not conducive to thriving businesses, especially small businesses. They cannot continue to afford these types of financial losses. How do you continue to absorb the cost criminal losses with other costs of running businesses going up and up? You can't. There comes a tipping point. And when the tax-paying businesses and tax-paying homeowners leave, where is the city going to get the money to keep running?

corgimom
corgimom 04/06/11 - 09:42 am
Most of those places get a

Most of those places get a big ol' Rottweiler or Doberman to run loose in their property at night, and that stops the thefts.

Crime Reports and Rewards TV
Crime Reports and Rewards TV 04/06/11 - 11:19 am
"They cannot continue to

"They cannot continue to afford these types of financial losses. How do you continue to absorb the cost criminal losses with other costs of running businesses going up and up? You can't. There comes a tipping point. And when the tax-paying businesses and tax-paying homeowners leave, where is the city going to get the money to keep running?"

We agree they do hide stuff and come back for it. Three broke in and three were caught at the scene... hhhmmm.
If businesses don't stop crime, crime WILL stop biz.

corgimom
corgimom 04/06/11 - 02:44 pm
Hey, did you see the story

Hey, did you see the story about the 2nd grader in CO- Aiden Elliot- that had to be subdued with pepper spray? He has "explosive" behavior and the teachers had to barracade themselves in a room against him, and the mother says he doesn't have a mental illness or is on medication. He's in a "behavioral problem" class. No kidding. (He ripped wooden baseboard off the wall and tried to stab people with the sharpened point of it. He "sort of" wanted to hurt people.)

"I kind of blow up a little," Aidan said. "I said I'm going to kill you once you get out of that room."

What a charming young man.

Remember when behavior like that was unthinkable?

"I was rowdy on the bus...They didn't let me do something I wanted to do. We needed to do stuff, but they wouldn't let me. They put me in a corner with chairs and they called my mom," he said. "It was really the teachers because I just got really upset with them."

Lakewood Police Officer Steve Davis said that when they arrived on the scene Aidan told them, "I will kill you mother-----," Davis said.

Aidan's mother said that she's tried putting her son on medication to improve his behavior, but it didn't work.

And of course, his mother said it was "excessive force." She'd better get used to it, he's going to be a frequent flyer at the PO-lice station.

Aidan's mother said that her son never behaves violently outside of school.

"I think there is a problem, but it's with school and Aidan," Mandy Elliot said. "It only happens at school. It doesn't happen at soccer. It doesn't happen at swimming. It doesn't happen with babysitters, with family members."

Yeah, when mommy does what Aiden wants and likes, he's fine.

He has a bright future ahead of him, doesn't he?

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 04/06/11 - 06:00 pm
corgimom, something told me

corgimom, something told me you would say that. What cold-hearted business owner would continue to leave more guard dogs down there after the originals were poisoned to death? What would be the point? I'm pretty sure you wouldn't.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 04/06/11 - 06:02 pm
BTW, one of them was a

BTW, one of them was a Rottie.

Commission rejects tax jump

Seven commissioners nixed a proposed tax increase Monday that would cost a typical homeowner $70 a year, leaving the countywide millage unset with just a few days to meet state deadlines.