Man charged with exposing himself to children

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 12:55 PM
Last updated 8:26 PM

A local man has been indicted on charges that he masturbated in front of children while at the Augusta Canal.

Newton  Special
Special
Newton

Brian Eugene Newton, 32, is charged with four counts of public indecency and two counts of child molestation, according to the indictment.

Sometime between June 1, 2009 and Sept. 1, 2009, authorities said Newton stood naked in front of two children at the Augusta Canal and masturbated.

He is also charged with exposing himself in the parking lot of Kroger on 15th Street as well as several other incidents of exposing himself on the Augusta Canal.

Sweet son
Sweet son 03/23/11 - 02:09 pm
Seems like the case is old

Seems like the case is old but so glad he did not harm anyone. On a lighter note, they probably did not charge him with fishing in the canal because of the lack of bait.

rman
rman 03/23/11 - 10:35 pm
I feel and pray for all the

I feel and pray for all the families that are involved.

bettyboop
bettyboop 03/24/11 - 05:08 am
pig..............

pig..............

WAG
WAG 03/24/11 - 07:18 am
Lots of things go on at the

Lots of things go on at the canal that should be investigated. Maybe a sting like in Pendelton Park a few years ago. just sayin!

corgimom
corgimom 03/24/11 - 07:22 am
What a loser.

What a loser.

justus4
justus4 03/24/11 - 07:41 am
He won't be held accountable

He won't be held accountable for his despicable acts, but will be given a "pass" to continue deviant behavior around your kids. Expect him to be given weekend detention or whenever he may have time to stop in, but expect the so called judicial system to impose the lightest possible sentence to avoid interruption to this guy's life style. Great country, eh?

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/24/11 - 09:02 am
I'm so thankful that we

I'm so thankful that we seldom hear of females in these situations.....sick guy ....keep him away from kids.

Aroundtown
Aroundtown 03/24/11 - 10:19 am
If this wanna-be pedo pulled

If this wanna-be pedo pulled out his junk in front of my daughters, I'd see to it that he goes from a rooster to a chicken in one shot.

scoopdedoop64
scoopdedoop64 03/24/11 - 10:06 pm
You know I just can't

You know I just can't understand a person doing something like this. It's sick.

twangberg
twangberg 03/27/11 - 03:05 pm
This is so shocking. I've

This is so shocking. I've actually known this guy since the fourth grade. I was friends with his wife in high school, and actually stayed with them for awhile like 12 years ago. I just can't imagine what he was thinking to risk his wife and 2 beautiful girls over something like this. I'm hoping that maybe he just didn't know that the kids were watching him. Not that that would make masturbating in public right, I just hope that he was not doing it in front of kids knowingly.

Aroundtown
Aroundtown 04/12/11 - 02:18 pm
@Twangberg: The last few

@Twangberg:
The last few sentences indicate that he was arrested before (a couple of times) for this same behavior..so I think it's safe to say that he is definitely a repeat offender that "gets off" on this kind of crap...and if he has 2 little girls at home...DFACS needs to be alerted ASAP!!

'Do not swim' order lifted for Savannah River

Officials have lifted the "do not swim" order for the Savannah River, but questions still linger on the unknown substance's origin.