Daughter stabs mom, police say

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 2:26 PM
Last updated 9:50 PM

Police say a 59-year-old woman in is critical condition after being stabbed multiple times by her daughter this afternoon.

Bell  Special
Special
Bell

Authorities responded to the 1600 block of Carpenter Street around 1 p.m. where they found Mary Bell with multiple stab wounds.

According to Richmond County sheriff’s Lt. Calvin Chew, Christine Bell, 21, stabbed her mother during an argument. Authorities weren't immediately sure what the argument was about.

The victim was transported to Medical College of Georgia Hospital.

Bell is in the Richmond County Jail on charges of aggravated assault and possession of a knife during a crime.

Crime Reports and Rewards TV
Crime Reports and Rewards TV 03/16/11 - 10:42 pm
Guess we need to lock up,

Guess we need to lock up, register, or sieze all knives to keep this from happening so much... Oh wait that didn't work for guns either...
If mom had a little derringer she could have shot the knife out of her daughters hand or at least get someones attention.. Our sincerest sympathies go out to all the family and friends. This is so sad we feel their pain.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 03/16/11 - 03:58 pm
It is so simple to make all

It is so simple to make all sorts of comments about a situation that one does not have any inkling of an idea as to what really took place.

augusta citizen
augusta citizen 03/16/11 - 04:01 pm
Unbelievable! (and sick).

Unbelievable! (and sick).

KellyRay
KellyRay 03/16/11 - 04:12 pm
complete and utter

complete and utter disrespect! I just don't understand how some people can do the things they do. I would never even yell or cuss at my mom no matter how mad she made me, because I have respect for her. She is my mother and my dad instilled in us the knowing of right from wrong. This girl knew right from wrong I don't care how mad you are that doesn't give you the right to pick up a weapon. I say punish her now so she knows right from wrong later in life!!

Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 03/16/11 - 04:43 pm
TrulyWorried, although you

TrulyWorried, although you are right - theres is not a situation that could justify these actions, nothing at all.

Violent persons need to be permantly removed from our society through life in prison or the death penalty. If they choose prison, it should be a small cell with no benefits and meals to keep them by - ALL other ammenities and medical services, etc. should be at the expense of their family or simply not provided.

sugarbutton
sugarbutton 03/16/11 - 04:54 pm
Truly, it must have been a

Truly, it must have been a knife fight & the younger, more agile attacker got the best of her. NOT. Give me one logical reason a 21 YO has for stabbing her MOTHER (multiple times) & I'll concede defeat. Since, apparently, both parties are still alive, the truth should come out. IMHO if an adult "child" attacks a parent with any weapon, the parent has the right to retroactively abort (retroactive abortion until age 21 was on the MA law books when I was born & it didn't require a weapon or an actual attack). That may not be the PC way to say it, but I'm anti PC anyway. Put more chlorine in the gene pool. Or as CRRTV said "thin the herd for the betterment ".

corgimom
corgimom 03/16/11 - 05:29 pm
Stabbing a parent happens

Stabbing a parent happens sometimes if a person is psychotic, schizophrenic, or an addict in desperate need of a fix.

Deliberately stabbing someone is an act of rage, especially stabbing someone multiple times.

airbud7
airbud7 03/16/11 - 06:29 pm
Rabies!!!

Rabies!!!

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 03/16/11 - 09:27 pm
Any relation to Antonio

Any relation to Antonio Dondrell Bell that was just arrested in the Operation Fox Hunt?

Cadence
Cadence 03/17/11 - 10:23 am
I hope that the lady

I hope that the lady recovers. This is a sad situation.