Police: $180,000 stolen from safe in Walmart

Monday, March 7, 2011 8:55 PM
Last updated 8:57 PM

ATLANTA -- Police say they are trying to find out who walked out of an Atlanta Walmart with $180,000 in cash from the store's safe.

Authorities say the crime took place at the Walmart store in the 1800 block of Howell Mill Road.

WSB-TV reports that investigators believe the thief had inside knowledge about the crime, which took place in the early morning hours of Feb. 19.

Police say they are examining evidence left behind and reviewing video footage from the store. They say the suspect, who was wearing sunglasses and a hat, walked into the store's customer service area and its safe and left with $180,000.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 03/07/11 - 10:00 pm
One of the Blues Brothers?

One of the Blues Brothers? Someone is singin' the blues over this one, I'm sure.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 03/07/11 - 10:01 pm
Why did it take so long to

Why did it take so long to get this story? Did they just recently miss the money?

MolonLabe
MolonLabe 03/07/11 - 10:28 pm
None of it is MY money.

None of it is MY money. I've never spent a penny in a Wal-Mart store and NEVER will. I just wonder WHO left the safe open with that kind of cash laying around......yep, inside job for sure. People...PLEASE don't steal! The gub'ment hates the competition.

Crime Reports and Rewards TV
Crime Reports and Rewards TV 03/07/11 - 11:14 pm
See what hApPeNs when you

See what hApPeNs when you hire away K Mart's Security???ah aah

TeaPartyForOurCountry
TeaPartyForOurCountry 03/07/11 - 11:14 pm
I MUST SAY I LOVE WAL MART.

I MUST SAY I LOVE WAL MART. PRETTY SURE THAT IS SILLY TO SAY YOU WILL NEVER GO TO WAL MART. THEY ARE CROWED AT TIMES BUT SOMETIMES I GET GREAT DEALS AT WAL MART. DUMB.

corgimom
corgimom 03/07/11 - 11:40 pm
I used to go to Walmart

I used to go to Walmart frequently, then they "improved" and "remodeled" it. I now hate going and try to avoid it whenever possible.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/08/11 - 08:20 am
I guess someone will lose a

I guess someone will lose a job over this mess....

sugarbutton
sugarbutton 03/08/11 - 02:52 pm
I grew up with no Walmart or

I grew up with no Walmart or a mall. We had a couple little mom and pop dry goods, hardware stores and a pharmacy. You had to drive from Harlem to downtown to go shopping. Finally, a Roses and JM Fields. It's nice to hop in the car and run to Walmart real quick and not make a day of it. So many fun things to do with kids nowadays. Walmart gives me extra time for me and the little one.

Grovetown escapees captured

Two inmates who escaped the Grovetown Department of Public Safety Detention Center late Friday are back in police custody, officials said.