North Augusta masked bandit sought

Sprays cashier with Mace when she tries to flee

NORTH AUGUSTA – Authorities are searching for a man in a Friday the 13th Halloween mask who robbed the Kangaroo Express Wednesday night  and then attacked a cashier.

According to an incident report, the masked man entered the convenience store at 421 W. Martintown Road around 11:20 p.m. and demanded money. The cashier tried to run away but slipped and fell when she reached the door.

She told authorities the masked man dragged her back to the cash register and again demanded the money. After loading up with cash, the bandit sprayed the cashier with Mace and then fled, police said.

Lonewuf
Lonewuf 02/24/11 - 09:58 am
When I moved here (North

When I moved here (North Augusta) nearly 18 years ago, this kind of crime was unheard of......

Indigo
Indigo 02/24/11 - 10:48 am
Ahhhh.... Good ole North

Ahhhh.... Good ole North Augusta. Another violent crime. Another victim. Maybe NAPD will catch the guy speeding at some point.

zcock
zcock 02/24/11 - 11:10 am
Indigo... must have been

Indigo... must have been pulled over before. Maybe you should do the speed limit.

Indigo
Indigo 02/24/11 - 12:41 pm
@zcock, not me......Im just

@zcock, not me......Im just overly concerned that NAPD cant catch a cold in regard to solving crime in the City.

itsallright
itsallright 02/24/11 - 04:05 pm
NAPD does as well or better

NAPD does as well or better than any other city in solving crimes. Not sure why you're always dissing them, Indigo.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 02/24/11 - 04:44 pm
Indigo - I suggest you stay

Indigo - I suggest you stay on "stand by" so you can catch the criminals immediately - being you are so eager to run down the law - you must consider yourself to really be a genius (in making dumb remarks).

Crime Reports and Rewards TV
Crime Reports and Rewards TV 02/24/11 - 04:55 pm
NADPS has hired a new chief

NADPS has hired a new chief and are now trying to catch more of these non speeding criminals that do not pay as well. Taxes will have to go up and this may be why some N.A. citizens were happy just focusing on road patrol. It brought in a lot of money that they did not have to pay in taxes. i sold my home there because i was being stolen blind on the river but no one investigated anything including issuing a warrant for an ID thief i tracked down myself. This forced me to sell my N.A. home and buy a river home in Augusta were they do issue warrants for out of state ID thieves. Now thieves have heard that if they steal in N.A. and do not speed they will most likely get away with it. This is now playing out in a big way..

david jennings
david jennings 02/24/11 - 05:32 pm
Man I get a big laugh when

Man I get a big laugh when people rant because of cops writing tickets for speeding.I mean thank God someones trying to slow the fool down.The solution is so simple,leave early,have some patience and a little courtesy and try being a defensive driver instead of being so offensive.Dont speed,no tickets.

SRS shipments halted until 2016

Savannah River Site can't resume shipments of Cold War nuclear waste materials to an underground repository in New Mexico until at least 2016 when the federal government reopens the facility to ...