The Greenville News reported that firefighters on Monday had to extract the teen from the chimney of an old building in Paris Mountain State Park.
Fire Capt. Duane Brock said the boy had been hiking with friends and decided to climb up the 20-foot structure with a rocky surface. He made it to the top, but getting down was another matter. The boy decided to try easing himself down the inside of the chimney. That went fine until he got to the bottom and realized he couldn't get through that opening.
Firefighters lowered ropes from the top and pulled him out. Except for being cold from his 90-minute ordeal, the teen was fine.
Information from: The Greenville News, http://www.greenvillenews.com