$9,000 in equipment stolen from tattoo shop

More than $9,000 in equipment was stolen overnight Wednesday from a tattoo shop in the 1500 block of North Leg Road, according to a Richmond County sheriff's report.

The theft was discovered Wednesday morning when the owner came to work at Artistic Ink Tattoos.

A report shows the items stolen included seven high-quality tattoo guns, assorted tattoo inks and 12 boxes of tattoo needles.

Dixieman
Dixieman 02/17/11 - 06:13 am
Silver lining: Fewer tattoos

Silver lining: Fewer tattoos in the CSRA for a while.

Frank I
Frank I 02/17/11 - 07:01 am
I'm going to ruin you're

I'm going to ruin you're silver lining. It means some "scratcher" is out tattooing without taking proper safety measures.. look for an increase in hep-c

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/17/11 - 09:28 am
Kind of ironic that "Augusta

Kind of ironic that "Augusta Ink" is burglarized.

Dixieman
Dixieman 02/17/11 - 09:56 am
Frank I - hopefully they will

Frank I - hopefully they will take the gear out of state and pawn it somewhere else, but I take your point.

RAWR
RAWR 02/17/11 - 10:31 am
Dixie get off your high

Dixie get off your high horse. There is nothing wrong with tattoos.

Cynical old woman
Cynical old woman 02/17/11 - 11:01 am
While I personally don't care

While I personally don't care for "tats" I am even more opposed to burglars.

Dixieman
Dixieman 02/17/11 - 11:12 am
"Tattoos are the emblems of

"Tattoos are the emblems of our age. They bristle from the biceps of men in summer shirts, from the lower backs of women as they ascend stairs, from the shoulders of basketball players as they drive toward the basket, and from every inch of certain celebrities. The tattoo is the battle flag of today in its war with tomorrow. It is carried by sure losers.

"About 40 percent of younger Americans (26 to 40) have tattoos. About 100 percent of these have clothes they once loved but now hate. How can anyone who knows how fickle fashion is, how times change, how their own tastes have "improved," decorate their body in a way that's nearly permanent?"

-- Washington Post

RogueKnight
RogueKnight 02/17/11 - 11:42 am
"Tattoos are for losers."

"Tattoos are for losers." What's the matter, Dixieman? You afraid of a little old needle?

Indigo
Indigo 02/17/11 - 12:03 pm
Needles are for injections,

Needles are for injections, not for coloring your skin for all eternity. I even saw a couple of jokers on one of those prison shows who had tatoo'd the whites of their eyes.

But thats how I feel, if you like em, more power to you. I do see they have crossed the line from "bikers" to the mainstream youth. I guess its like rock music, once a outlaw sort of thing has become more accepted as we whittle down into the quick of our values.

Sweet son
Sweet son 02/17/11 - 12:59 pm
Don't you just hate it when a

Don't you just hate it when a woman bends over and you see her supposed "art work" and the waist thingy of her thong!

RogueKnight
RogueKnight 02/17/11 - 01:14 pm
So, Indigo, are you saying

So, Indigo, are you saying people who have tattoos have dubious value systems?

InChristLove
InChristLove 02/17/11 - 01:44 pm
Dixieman, you'd be surprised

Dixieman, you'd be surprised how many doctors, lawyers, dentist, judges, accountants, professional individuals from all walks of life have tattoos. My oldest has three and my youngest has two. Both young men have responsible jobs (oldest is actually a manager) so your opinion that you can't get a responsible job with a tattoo doesn't hold water. I have two myself and have been on my job for over 25 years.

Ashleyn1
Ashleyn1 02/17/11 - 02:43 pm
For those of you "hating"

For those of you "hating" tatoos and assuming those of us with them are of less morals than you or what not...please do read this. I am a 31 year old preachers daughter, mother of 2 and wife. I hold a very upstanding job and am very active in girl scouts and both of my daughters schools. I have 5 tatoos, this being said, I can cover ALL 5 with clothing at any time I choose or uncover if wanted. They are not vulger or about death. They are names of loved ones and pretty art. Tatoos are an expression of ones self, just like make-up, hair styles and clothing are, only they don't wash off or grow back. Those of you condeming those of us with tatoos, shame on you. Period and point blank, what fine citizens you are to assume we are "bad" because we have body art!
As for Frank I's statement about Hep...i couldn't agree more! Bravo for finding the bad part about a bunch of equipment being stolen! Some idiot out there that doesn't know how to use it or the safety precautions will be using this on some unsuspecting soul!

Ashleyn1
Ashleyn1 02/17/11 - 02:46 pm
As for the below statement

As for the below statement made by Dixie man...

"Nothing wrong with tattoos? NOTHING WRONG WITH TATTOOS??!?
Try getting a responsible job with one, or finding a doctor, judge, bank president or decent woman with one.
Tattoos are for losers."

How can you even use your fingers to type such. "a decent woman"...come on! I am better than decent with or without tatoos. Tatoos do not make you WHO YOU ARE...

Ashleyn1
Ashleyn1 02/17/11 - 02:46 pm
P.S. In christ we love...i

P.S. In christ we love...i couldn't agree with you more!
Thanks!

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/17/11 - 03:57 pm
There should be an antidote

There should be an antidote thing to the ink that will clear it up if you change your mind later.

RogueKnight
RogueKnight 02/17/11 - 04:22 pm
I knew perfectly well when I

I knew perfectly well when I got my tattoo it was permanent. I was 41 before I got my 1st one. I had plenty of time to think about it. The biggest tattoo I have is a memorial to my mother who died from cancer several years ago. Every tattoo I have was done with plenty of forethought. I have a good job, raised two good kids, am involved in my church, and am pretty well thought of as a decent human being by my friends and family. Anyone who thinks tattoos are only for losers is a loser, him or herself. Geez, people can sure be judgmental about things they don't understand.

Dixieman
Dixieman 02/17/11 - 04:55 pm
Tattoo in haste, repent at

Tattoo in haste, repent at leisure.

RAWR
RAWR 02/17/11 - 11:27 pm
Dixieman I have a very

Dixieman I have a very responsible job in the healthcare industry. My job might help save your life one day. I guess I shouldn't be allowed to work there because I have tattoos?

As for my tastes changing. I took the art for my tattoo to my tattoo artist after spending weeks working on the image. My tattoos have meaning to me, well 2 out of the 3 do anyways.

Are you sure you didn't mean try getting a prude with one? Because I have a wonderful woman that has a tattoo.

corgimom
corgimom 02/18/11 - 09:19 am
Check out a tattoo on an old

Check out a tattoo on an old person. The tattoos fade and as the skin breaks down with aging, the "art" turns into blobs of faded color.

kmb413
kmb413 02/18/11 - 09:41 am
A friend of mine has sleeve

A friend of mine has sleeve tattoos and multiple tattoos all over his body. He has 2 full time jobs, one of which he is part owner. He isn't stupid and is a great person. To each their own. I personally have none.

RAWR
RAWR 02/18/11 - 11:35 am
Corgimom when I get old

Corgimom when I get old enough that my skin looks that way I will have too many problems to worry about a tattoo that is faded and turned into blobs ...

Ashleyn1
Ashleyn1 02/18/11 - 02:59 pm
I think Dixieman is only

I think Dixieman is only trolling to start anger among the chatters!

Dixieman
Dixieman 02/18/11 - 09:20 pm
Having been chastised by the

Having been chastised by the monitor, I will reduce my remarks to stating that I mildly disapprove of disfiguring your body, made in God's image, with the kind of "artwork" displayed by so many people these days. If you're contemplating getting one, remember that tattoo removal is a really thriving business.