Body found on I-285 south of Atlanta

ATLANTA - Fulton County police say a portion of Interstate Highway 285 is shut down after a body was discovered in the left lane.

Fulton County police Cpl. Kay Lester says all southbound lanes of the perimeter highway in south Fulton County were shut down early today.

Lester says the body of the unidentified black female was reported by a motorist. Lester says police are investigating the death as a hit-and-run pedestrian fatality. She says the woman was carrying no identification, and police had found no disabled vehicles.

Lester says the body had been run over multiple times.

On Tuesday, a collision and truck fire kept a section of I-285 highway closed for hours in DeKalb County.

Einstein
Einstein 02/09/11 - 08:56 am
What's the last paragraph

What's the last paragraph doing in this story?!?? That's so insignificant, when compared to a dead body. Oh well, just my opinion.

Drain Bamage
Drain Bamage 02/09/11 - 10:04 am
Just like the bicyclist

Just like the bicyclist ....Stay off the road....Especially a Interstate

Augustaboy
Augustaboy 02/09/11 - 10:39 am
This is terrible. But it's

This is terrible. But it's typical Atlanta. Someone gets killed and 285 closed from a wreck. Think our news is bad, try living in Atlanta and watching the 6 o'clock. Same thing everyday. My prayers to the family of this Lady.

All4Mine
All4Mine 02/09/11 - 10:57 am
Seems strange for a woman to

Seems strange for a woman to be walking down 285 without a broken down car or any vehicle problems, I'm thinking there is more to this story.

jstevens73
jstevens73 02/09/11 - 11:01 am
I agree with Einstein! (That

I agree with Einstein! (That was kinda fun to say.) I think they put in an unrelated insignificant paragraph so it wouldn't end on the previous line. Nobody would wanna leave this article thinking about being run over multiple times. Still... what a sad story... I hope they find out who she is so her family can know.

Drain Bamage
Drain Bamage 02/09/11 - 12:32 pm
I just realized why

I just realized why Jaywalking is a crime

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 02/09/11 - 01:10 pm
God Bless Her Soul.

God Bless Her Soul.

Einstein
Einstein 02/10/11 - 07:24 pm
Even if it was jaywalking,

Even if it was jaywalking, that doesn't explain why she was run over so many times. This is tragic.

Search of alleged dealer's home found drugs, firearms