Home invasion, passing couple robbed in Hephzibah

Thursday, Jan. 27, 2011 11:38 AM
Last updated 11:41 AM

After a home invasion in Hephzibah Wednesday night, several gunmen stopped to rob a Blythe couple that was driving by, police said.

According to a Richmond County sheriff's report,  four gunmen in black ski masks entered a home in the 2400 block of Plantation Road around 8 p.m. and demanded two women inside give up their pocketbooks and a TV.

Once outside, three of the men stopped a vehicle driven by a Blythe woman, who was riding by the scene. One of the men attempted to push the woman from her car but was unsuccessful, police said. He then put his gun to her head and demanded money and she handed over her purse.

After the last gunman ran from the home, all four men jumped into a black SUV and fled the scene, witnesses told police.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 01/27/11 - 01:09 pm
Good grief! I had a dear

Good grief! I had a dear friend living on Plantation Road until a few months ago. Also, there was a murder at the house near the railroad tracks a few years ago. When will it end???

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/27/11 - 01:26 pm
Also a home invasion off

Also a home invasion off Barton Chapel Rd.----but they say crime isn't THAT bad......give me a break!
It will end when law abiding people use self defense.
My car would be running over the fools trying to stop my car. (esp. wearing ski masks)

storiesihaveread
storiesihaveread 01/27/11 - 01:28 pm
What in the world is going

What in the world is going on. You are no longer safe in your own house any more!!

Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 01/27/11 - 02:49 pm
Countyman will let us know

Countyman will let us know that something bad happend somewhere else in the world and we are lucky to be living in the great city of Augusta where commissoners have their priorities in order.

Dixieman
Dixieman 01/27/11 - 03:39 pm
Wednesday Night Only!! 2 --

Wednesday Night Only!! 2 -- Two -- 2 Crimes for the Price of One! Come on by Hephzibah and drop in!! Ask for our Special 2 for 1 Offer!!!!!

countyman
20153
countyman 01/27/11 - 03:53 pm
Asitisinaug, I thought you

Asitisinaug, I thought you lived in Columbia County... Columbia County is apart of metro Augusta. Seenitb4 lives in Gwinnett County and not the city of Augusta..

I just notice a few people only comment on certain articles.. The man shot in Aiken County near Graniteville has 0 comments...

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/27/11 - 03:48 pm
How many times do I have to

How many times do I have to tell you that I have FAMILY living in Richmond county-friends in Hephzibah & the Fleming area....I post in many places, not just about crime---GEEZ ...you just can't stand it when CRIME IS REPORTED in your beloved RC.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/27/11 - 03:49 pm
At this moment I don't have

At this moment I don't have FAMILY in Granteville!

countyman
20153
countyman 01/27/11 - 03:52 pm
I don't ever remember saying

I don't ever remember saying your name except mentioning you live in Gwinnett County.. Which was a response to someone saying I would say how lucky we are to live in Augusta. You seem to be very defensive...

Cadence
Cadence 01/27/11 - 03:56 pm
Deflection. Anyway, always

Deflection. Anyway, always have your car doors locked and be ready to drive like a bat. About the home invasions, I just don't know what the answer is except to have on a gun in a holster at all times. Not something I am willing to do.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/27/11 - 03:58 pm
I am defensive---My daughter

I am defensive---My daughter lives in Richmond county...I want her to be safe & well. If you would put just a smidgen of concern on the crime there as you do about what business is coming to town..we probably could wipe crime away. WHY DONTCHA!
If you are Zeke....you should,

Crime Reports and Rewards TV
Crime Reports and Rewards TV 01/27/11 - 05:50 pm
They can knock out your

They can knock out your window, then drag you out of the car. Also last i looked bullets go right through glass and sheet metal so don't get lulled into a false sense of security just cause you're in a car.

usapatriot
usapatriot 01/28/11 - 09:40 pm
"About the home invasions, I

"About the home invasions, I just don't know what the answer is except to have on a gun in a holster at all times. Not something I am willing to do."

then you have given up. you are a victim waiting to happen. exactly why did you post that?

whatsupwiththat
whatsupwiththat 01/29/11 - 12:07 am
Your car weighs more than

Your car weighs more than they do. Use it!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/29/11 - 10:10 am
I know bullets can go through

I know bullets can go through metal cars BUT I still would stay in the car & try my best to run over the jerks!! I have had jerks trying to get in my car on Greene St..in augusta years ago.........late at night coming home from work.
Keep all doors locked--all the time!
I didn't run over anybody then but if they had not let go of the car they would have ended up with drag burns.
Someone suggested I should have backed up a few times!! :)