Bowling argument leads to gunplay threat

Tuesday, Jan. 11, 2011 4:39 PM
Last updated 8:05 PM

A disagreement while bowling led one woman to threaten to shoot an employee of a North Augusta bowling alley, according to an incident report.

The employee at Northside Lanes, 1745 Georgia Avenue, told officers the lane where four women were bowling malfunctioned  around 8:30 p.m. Sunday. The problem was corrected but the women insisted that the business refund their money.

After the employee explained that the store policy will not allow a refund, one woman grew angry, called the employee names and threw her bowling shoes at him, police said.

In the parking lot, police said, one of the women threatened to come back and shoot the employee.

Authorities were unable to locate the woman, but found their first names on their bowling form.

RAWR
RAWR 01/11/11 - 06:00 pm
You reporters try to make

You reporters try to make mountains out of mole hills. This is a non story!

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/11/11 - 06:05 pm
We all know these bowlers

We all know these bowlers only shoot each other.

Taylor B
Taylor B 01/11/11 - 06:21 pm
Acted like turkeys then

Acted like turkeys then split...

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/11/11 - 06:29 pm
They are trying to frame her.

They are trying to frame her.

windsor41
windsor41 01/11/11 - 06:29 pm
i come back and shoot you is

i come back and shoot you is not a mole hill.it's a threat to kill.

curly123053
curly123053 01/11/11 - 07:06 pm
Does anyone know where

Does anyone know where Nortside Lanes is on Georgia Avenue? I am familiar with Northside Lanes but not a Nortside Lanes.

silverlelade
silverlelade 01/11/11 - 07:37 pm
This happened Sunday, not

This happened Sunday, not Monday, we were closed just like everyone else. Btw I'm loving the bowling puns in the comments...Acted like turkeys then split...classic.

lol'er
lol'er 01/11/11 - 07:44 pm
lelade... was just thinkin

lelade... was just thinkin the same thing. I mean really, who was open on Monday. Surprised the report didn't say anything about the women threatening a customer as well, who was also asked to fill out a report.

Farmboy
Farmboy 01/11/11 - 08:23 pm
They don't like the policy

They don't like the policy then they can go somewhere else. Some people out there don't know the difference between a BMW and a slice of Apple Pie.

obkad
obkad 01/11/11 - 08:26 pm
This is so redneck, in so

This is so redneck, in so many ways....

xpresso1
xpresso1 01/11/11 - 08:40 pm
Some people are so ignorant.

Some people are so ignorant.

sx4bobby
sx4bobby 01/11/11 - 08:49 pm
So the Chronicle wants to

So the Chronicle wants to start charging for the so called "premium" articles that contain misspellings and misinformation?!?!?!

Dixieman
Dixieman 01/11/11 - 09:15 pm
"Spare me!" pleaded the

"Spare me!" pleaded the potential victim who was pinned to the wall out in the alley. "Don't strike me! If I die, no one can fill my shoes. Just let me split."
"Are you trying to frame me?" asked the robber, reaching into his pocket. "You don't have the [large heavy spherical objects used in bowling] to do that!"
[If I think of more, I'll be back -- Dixieman]

Crime Reports and Rewards TV
Crime Reports and Rewards TV 01/11/11 - 09:42 pm
Riverman1 wrote; "We all know

Riverman1 wrote; "We all know these bowlers only shoot each other."
Ha hahah

wafflehead
wafflehead 01/11/11 - 09:42 pm
This is a result of the hate

This is a result of the hate filled right wing talk radio. Contact Pelosi, Obama and Harry Reid. Lets repeal the first amendment. Until then lets split and go on strike

Crime Reports and Rewards TV
Crime Reports and Rewards TV 01/11/11 - 09:48 pm
Please don't mention

Please don't mention "strike". Al Charlatan and his gang will be tossing guest out of local Hotels.. again.ahahah
If you type Charpton and hit spell check it returns Charlatan, ha ahhahah Coincidence?

silverlelade
silverlelade 01/11/11 - 11:51 pm
Lol'er The customer ur

Lol'er
The customer ur referring to is also an employee who just happened to be bowling at the time

lol'er
lol'er 01/12/11 - 12:24 am
lelade... but as we ALL know,

lelade... but as we ALL know, when off the clock, you're just a customer. and Dixieman... lol @ the puns. ur such a turkey lol

tumbleweeds
tumbleweeds 01/12/11 - 12:39 am
Just like a scene right out

Just like a scene right out of The Big Lebowski.

pecksniffian
pecksniffian 01/12/11 - 01:39 am
You beat me to it,

You beat me to it, tumbleweeds!

silverlelade
silverlelade 01/12/11 - 06:43 am
I just noticed something

I just noticed something else...the article says one woman...it was 4 women.

55 F-100
55 F-100 01/12/11 - 09:41 am
Sounds like an episode of

Sounds like an episode of "Basketball Wives".

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 01/12/11 - 11:34 am
Why wouldn't the business

Why wouldn't the business give them a refund? Bad form! They would have spared themselves all this bad publicity if they would have just had some foresight regarding their customers. It would have been been the gracious thing to do and paid off in good customer relations. I won't ever go bowling there, that's for sure, if that's their policy.

nadps53jrt
nadps53jrt 01/12/11 - 01:51 pm
If the FBI is investigating,

If the FBI is investigating, they are responsible of getting the warrants.

Crime Reports and Rewards TV
Crime Reports and Rewards TV 01/12/11 - 02:51 pm
The City of N.A. would not

The City of N.A. would not cooperate with the FBI to get the Warrant. The FBI cannot do anything if the community will not cooperate. The ID thief told me over the phone the reason why he stole my ID is i lived in N.A. and he already knew they would not cooperate with the FBI on any case that involved the city paying to extradite the thief. He got my ID when i reported a bug vacuum stolen and the N.A. police said they had to have my SS# even though the state had issued me a special license at my request to protect my unusually large lines of credit. N.A.D.P.S. entered my SS# into their computer and he stole it from them when they left it hooked up to the internet all the time.

nadps53jrt
nadps53jrt 01/12/11 - 03:32 pm
tell me your name and I will

tell me your name and I will find out about your case

Dixieman
Dixieman 01/12/11 - 05:19 pm
Crime Reports and Rewards TV

Crime Reports and Rewards TV -- Better yet, post your name, address, date of birth, mother's maiden name and Social Security number here and I will get right on your case....

Crime Reports and Rewards TV
Crime Reports and Rewards TV 01/12/11 - 06:27 pm
Rrright Dixieman ha ahhah I

Rrright Dixieman ha ahhah
I think i've given N.A. enough info for one lifetime. Thank you for offering nadps, though. I'm sure your heart is in the right place. My Brother was a Cop, my Nephew was a cop. We have our own resources and that guy stole from someone else & they put him away with a little help from me of course. I don't ever seek revenge or anything. That's my bosses job and he has more resources than i do. Just remember ANYONE giving ANYONE, even a cop their SS# needs to understand that It will go into a computor. Simple programs like TimBuk2 can be loaded remotely and POOF all YOUR credit is GONE. But You can do one thing for me. Ask the computor guy to update his Most Wanted. One of them has already been captured and new ones that we are looking for need to be posted so i can get them on TV and into a nice comfy jail cell. Oh and how's the "manhunt" going for the woman Bowler that "threatened" gunplay? Any news on her?

nadps53jrt
nadps53jrt 01/12/11 - 06:27 pm
If you'er not seeking

If you'er not seeking revenge, stop talking bad about them. They can't pay for things unless the City Council members aprove it.

nadps53jrt
nadps53jrt 01/12/11 - 06:30 pm
i'm retired. just had surgery

i'm retired. just had surgery on left ear from the problems I have from gunshot wound I received in the line of duty, so i can't go to Dept. right now but I can give a call. i still have a lot of good friends that work there that were there when I retired.