'I keyed your truck because you parked too close'

An Augusta man returned from dining Tuesday morning at IHOP in south Augusta to find the vehicle he was driving had been keyed.

The man told officers that after he noticed the damage to the truck in the parking lot of the restaurant at 3125 Peach Orchard Road he received a phone call from his office explaining why, according to an incident report. Armour Metals told the victim an unknown man had called and said, "I keyed your truck because you parked too close to me."

The victim told officers he recalled a white Lexus being parked beside his truck.

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 12/28/10 - 09:37 pm
Some people are just complete

Some people are just complete jerks. There are other, more appropriate words for losers that do that kind of thing, even if they are driving an expensive car--like they're somehow entitled to damage someone else's property. Total loser.

micbare
micbare 12/28/10 - 09:57 pm
I thank God I do not live in

I thank God I do not live in South Augusta.

alligatorcreek
alligatorcreek 12/28/10 - 10:33 pm
To key a vehicle is a crime.

To key a vehicle is a crime. Is there crime in South Augusta?

fatboyhog
fatboyhog 12/28/10 - 10:39 pm
Karma is a "you-know-what".

Karma is a "you-know-what". Hopefully, the jerk that keyed the truck will get his, tenfold.

Iamrightyouarewrong
Iamrightyouarewrong 12/28/10 - 11:19 pm
Sounds like somebody who knew

Sounds like somebody who knew the victim did the deed if they knew where he works......Who knows, maybe he parked over a line and so close to someone that they could not get into their car....Still doesn't give them the right to commit a crime though.

Tisk tisk what is this world coming to
It is happening everywhere.

It is happening everywhere. For some people if they do not like what you are doing when you are not looking they will key your car. Mine has been keyed 2 times this year. If I catch someone doing it I will file charges againt them for destruction of personal property. It is insane that a person thinks they have a right to destroy your personal property.

I'd like to see a few going to jail for doing this and it on the front page of the paper.

Tisk tisk what is this world coming to
If you are worried about your

If you are worried about your car then park further away from IHOP whether you own a Lexus or a Cavalier.

Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 12/29/10 - 12:48 am
I'm not for bigger government

I'm not for bigger government or more government control but it seems as if maybe our government should begin to regulate who can have kids based on their ability to teach them to be a productive law abiding member of society who understands the word respect.

At the very least, we need to being respecting each other again, instilling discipline in ourselves and certainly in our schools.

It all starts at home but is certainly carry's over into our schools which are sorely lacking in discipline. Before one can learn they must be in a proper learning environment where the students respect the teachers.

Our parents, schools and courts need to rid out political correctness and bring back real discipline and punishments as well as teach self respect and respect for others and their property.

dani
dani 12/29/10 - 12:54 am
I know a lady who will do

I know a lady who will do that to cars, and she drives a Lexus and she lives in South Augusta. Just saying...

From the article I got the impression it was a company truck.

usapatriot
usapatriot 12/29/10 - 01:23 am
close? he should try parking

close? he should try parking in a truck stop some time.

A_ATLSoldier_IN_Iraq
A_ATLSoldier_IN_Iraq 12/29/10 - 05:59 am
This is so sad that this

This is so sad that this would happen. To the business owner if you had not already contacted your phone service provider do so as they can perform an back trace on where the number originated from and most likely it will be an cell phone. I mean it's an start and you can at least talk with the person who keyed your truck.

Working American
Working American 12/29/10 - 07:27 am
I recommend parking better

I recommend parking better for everyone to avoid this "keying nut". I do not agree with the keying, but it probably made that driver learn to park better or at least find a parking space that fits the vehicle if that was the problem.

stillamazed
stillamazed 12/29/10 - 08:12 am
I would never key a persons

I would never key a persons car but I have to be honest and admit that I get really mad when someone parks so close that I can barely get my door open to get in. Some people just don't know how to park or don't care, they park all crooked all over your line, they ping your car doors without any consideration at all.

GOSHEN77
GOSHEN77 12/29/10 - 08:21 am
Well did he park to close? I

Well did he park to close? I totally understand the other mans actions.

belle
belle 12/29/10 - 08:34 am
A simple note left on the

A simple note left on the windshield would not have been easier?

Lawpig
Lawpig 12/29/10 - 09:13 am
Micbare: because the

Micbare: because the southside is the only place where people have their cars keyed?

Belle: good idea. A friend of mine has a stack of cards with funny sayings that she puts on car windows when someone parks too close or takes up more than one parking space.

JackBootedThug
JackBootedThug 12/29/10 - 09:24 am
I get sick of people who

I get sick of people who drive huge "urban assault" vehicles and can't park the darn things to save their lives. They somehow park sideways in a tiny spot next to me. I think they are idiots and should drive Yugos, but I wouldn't key their vehicles over it.

MadSnapper
MadSnapper 12/29/10 - 09:40 am
I can't believe someone on

I can't believe someone on here is defending that cowardly action. I guess an anonymous call to the business owner made them feel a bit better about themselves. Good thing they left the scene of the crime, because it would have been a total beatdown.

Rob Pavey
Rob Pavey 12/29/10 - 09:52 am
doesn't IHOP have a security

doesn't IHOP have a security cam in its parking lot?

InChristLove
InChristLove 12/29/10 - 10:13 am
Guess Goshen77 is the south

Guess Goshen77 is the south Augusta woman who drives a Lexus who would do this to cars.....seems she agrees with the action taken.

dani
dani 12/29/10 - 10:33 am
Yesterday at the mall a woman

Yesterday at the mall a woman driving a van pulled up next to me so close that she couldn't open her door. I had to back out of my space so that she could exit her van. Now, how smart is that?
The thing is, there were plenty of available spaces, some even wide enough for her van.And I would not have keyed hers either, what would I gain from that.

GOSHEN77
GOSHEN77 12/29/10 - 10:34 am
We are blaming the victim

We are blaming the victim here. Park properly and be considerate and your car won't be keyed.

follower 12/29/10 - 10:45 am
A keyed vehicle that requires

A keyed vehicle that requires paintwork can be made to look new, but it still diminishes the value. When a car is traded in and sold at auction, the wholesaler almost always uses a paint meter to measure paint thickness. This tells him whether the car has been repaired. A painted panel will knock at least $500 off of the price as it is assumed to have been in an accident.

I drop my wife off at the door and park far away, usually in an end parking place. Most of society has no respect for others or their property. And trust me, even though I live in CC, we have our share of nuts and no-goods.

too_much_time
too_much_time 12/29/10 - 11:12 am
i usually just kick the door.

i usually just kick the door.

InChristLove
InChristLove 12/29/10 - 11:23 am
blaming the

blaming the victim....Goshen77, how in the heck was the person who possibly had a little trouble getting into their car, the victim. The driver who's vehicle was keyed became the victim when the inconsiderate jerk keyed his vehicle.

So now if someone doesn't park just so, that justifies keying someone's car or what next, breaking a window. How about bust the tail light out or bend the antenna.

You're way of thinking is warped and no wonder we have issues with kids being selfish and undiscipline today....with parents like yourself, what more can we expect from the kids these parents are raising.

BombquishaDavis
BombquishaDavis 12/29/10 - 11:24 am
Scratchin ma head and

Scratchin ma head and wonderin...after the truck was keyed.....did it move it over any?
So what the heck did keying it accomplish?????
I would have gone into the IHOP and yelled.."who owns the truck?"

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/29/10 - 11:24 am
Too Much Time said, "i

Too Much Time said, "i usually just kick the door."

Hahaha

BombquishaDavis
BombquishaDavis 12/29/10 - 11:29 am
LOL and LOUDLY @ Roadking ^5!

LOL and LOUDLY @ Roadking ^5!

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 12/29/10 - 11:41 am
It sounds like both these

It sounds like both these individuals were inconsiderate numbskull's. The truck driver for being careless and selfish with his sloppy parking and the cowardly, spiteful Lexus owner who handled the situation passive/aggressive manner.

The truck owner has already been punished for his action and I certainly hope that the car owner is caught and held responsible for his/her actions.

raul
raul 12/29/10 - 11:44 am
Wonder if the victim's

Wonder if the victim's business phone had caller I.D, so the anonymous caller could be tracked down?

Sickness closes all McDuffie County schools

One day after closing an elementary because of excessive absences caused by an outbreak of influenza, strep infection and stomach viruses, the McDuffie County School System has decided to enact an ...