Steve Harvey signing books

New York Times best-selling author, comedian, Family Feud host and radio host Steve Harvey will be at Barnes & Noble at 6 p.m. Wednesday for a book signing, according to a release

He is promoting his new book “Straight Talk, No Chaser: How to Find, Keep and Understand a Man.” His 2009 relationship guide, “Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man,” was a No. 1 New York Times best-seller, spending over 60 weeks on the New York Times list and selling over two million copies.

Barnes & Noble is at 3450 Wrightsboro Road in Augusta Mall.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 12/14/10 - 04:27 pm
I think this guy is a racist.

I think this guy is a racist. Have you ever listened to his routine in front of a black audience on BET? If a white man had said those things, he'd be banned from the business. I don't understand why he can't use his talents like Bill Cosby does, in an intelligent and non-divisive way. The way it is now, he just plays to the lowest common denominator, and he's better than that.

jenk1584
jenk1584 12/14/10 - 07:21 pm
For your information, Just My

For your information, Just My Opinion, he is NOT a racist. Why does it have to be able race? That would prove what race you are. Steve Harvey is an educated black man. If you have a problem with what is said on BET, don't watch it!!! You dig!!! Now this is Just My Opinion!!!

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 12/14/10 - 07:35 pm
Calling someone a racist is a

Calling someone a racist is a subjective matter. It is MY opinion, based on what I heard on his comedy show on BET that he made racist-type jokes and comments. If a white comedian where to say the same type jokes pointed towards blacks, or other races, then people would be all up in arms about it...you know it and I know it. But, for some reason, he gets a free pass?? That crud is getting old, so I don't mind talking about it. No, Steve Harvey is NOT a black version of the KKK, but he did use his platform to rail against white society, white people, and white norms, the same way that Tom Joyner does on his radio program. Going along with what YOU said about my opinion, if YOU have a problem with me, then don't read my comments because I'm going to always make them. As far as BET goes, I'll still watch select programs, but I do turn off the ones that are offensive...just like I would expect YOU to turn off the programs you deem offensive on mainstream TV...white folks don't have WET, so you have to go with mainstream stuff! Thank you for caring, jenk.

spotted_assassin
spotted_assassin 12/14/10 - 08:29 pm
Whites don't have WET...yes

Whites don't have WET...yes ya'll do! It's just called FOX News!

double_standard
double_standard 12/14/10 - 08:36 pm
The last time I checked BET

The last time I checked BET was owned by viacom and their ceo didn't look to be of color. Actually most of the programming on BET are degrading to black people. But you are right he is a racist toward the black men just like tyler perry but that's another forum.

spotted_assassin
spotted_assassin 12/14/10 - 09:23 pm
How is he a racist towards

How is he a racist towards black men?
...so does that make Bill Cosby a racist?
...and Tyler Perry?
...and Oprah Winfrey?
Just because they vocally express the need for accountability with issues such as being a man/woman, and raising your kids right, etc.
C'mon man!!!

hopeso2
hopeso2 12/14/10 - 10:43 pm
steve hardly is what I

steve hardly is what I say!!!!

Clux99
Clux99 12/14/10 - 11:24 pm
I liked him on 'The Steve

I liked him on 'The Steve Harvey Show'...I'm a sucker for Lori Beth Denberg...

Serious
Serious 12/15/10 - 05:19 am
Steve Harvey is no racist,

Steve Harvey is no racist, however may be a realist, he tells his jokes as things seem too be. Open your eyes, ears and laugh at yourself and stop being so serious. When he performs they are just JOKES! and he performs to an audience that pays to hear them.

Cgur2_me
Cgur2_me 12/15/10 - 09:37 am
Steve Harvey is not racist he

Steve Harvey is not racist he only talks about what he knows and for him to look at his own people and tell them where they need to improve in themselves takes guts even if it is put in a joke form. Sometimes its takes the joke form to make people pay attention. Stop hating which shortens life and laugh which prolongs life. Lord knows we need it in todays world because there isn't much to laugh about this is to Just My Opinion and others that can't enjoy a good laugh.

jenk1584
jenk1584 12/15/10 - 01:38 pm
Just My Opinion, I would take

Just My Opinion, I would take a look around before pointing fingers. You are saying that white comedians NEVER make racist jokes!!! Get real with yourself!!! That doesn't give you the right to assume. He is a COMEDIAN!!! That's why HE do what HE do. I agree with spotted assassin, your WET is FOX NEWS!!! Now this is a racist network that I DON'T watch it and do not choose to watch it. Get over it and make sure that you are making a positive affect on the world!!!

Clux99
Clux99 12/15/10 - 04:22 pm
WET? Sounds like one of

WET? Sounds like one of those 'premium' adult channels :P

787girl
787girl 02/04/11 - 01:40 am
I think What Steve Harvey

I think What Steve Harvey said was racist. I was laughing and enjoying myself and then came the whole racist commentary...my smile turned downard and I felt sad for the world knowing that we humans are never going ti get past ones color of skin and just look at someone for there content of character. I'm Black by the way.