Zombie movie filming in Macon

Monday, Dec. 13, 2010 5:49 AM
Last updated 8:54 AM

MACON, Ga.  -- First The Walking Dead swarmed Atlanta. Now the zombie apocalypse is infecting Macon.

Shooting is under way in Macon for the film Followed, a socially concious monster movie in which zombies symbolize society's disadvantaged and oppressed.

Filming will take place in Macon through this week, featuring locations at Mercer University and Wesleyan College. About 140 Macon residents are being hired as extras for roles as students, Secret Service agents and, of course, zombies.

The film is based on a short story by Hugo Award-winning science fiction author Will McIntosh.

It's not the first time filmmakers have cast Georgia as the backdrop for a zombie story. The AMC TV series The Walking Dead shot its recently concluded first season in Atlanta.

OMallen
OMallen 12/13/10 - 07:20 am
How do I sign up?

How do I sign up?

walrus4ever
walrus4ever 12/13/10 - 08:42 am
Leftwing, PC zombies. I

Leftwing, PC zombies. I thought we had enough of them in DC

bettyboop
bettyboop 12/13/10 - 09:22 am
LOL...walrus!!!!! Ain't it

LOL...walrus!!!!! Ain't it the truth!!

humbleopinion
humbleopinion 12/13/10 - 09:57 am
About two more weeks and a

About two more weeks and a big ol' bunch of those Democrat zombies are being sent home!!!! Two more years and we can get rid of their leader too!

GOSHEN77
GOSHEN77 12/13/10 - 10:03 am
The GOP has a number of the

The GOP has a number of the walking dead.

Brad Owens
Brad Owens 12/13/10 - 02:42 pm
I wish I could be in this

I wish I could be in this movie. Zombie movies are awesome.

Stranger helps raise $40,000 for mom who left child in park

A thousand miles didn't stop a New Hampshire woman from extending a helping hand to a local mother accused of leaving her 9-year-old daughter at a park while she worked her shift at a fast-food ...