SAVANNAH, Ga. -- A southside Savannah Fire & Emergency Services station will be closed on Dec. 12 so crews can rid it of mold found in some ceiling tiles, according to city documents.
On Aug. 16, the city was notified of the mold at the station, which is near the intersection of Sallie Mood Drive and Eisenhower Drive. And subsequent testing determined a remediation of several ceiling tiles was necessary, city documents show.
Savannah Fire spokesman Mark Keller said fire crews will be relocated within the jurisdiction of the station for about a week.
The structure is the third Savannah Fire station to undergo mold remediation in about two years.