Authorities found missing Augusta girl

Friday, Dec. 3, 2010 10:23 PM
Last updated 11:10 PM

A Murphey Middle School student who went missing after leaving the school around 4 p.m. today was found tonight, authorities said.

Jasmine Lawson
Jasmine Lawson

Jasmine Lawson, 11, was reported to be at home tonight after a 6-hour disappearance.

PUPPYMOMMA
PUPPYMOMMA 12/03/10 - 11:30 pm
I hope by the time I've wrote

I hope by the time I've wrote this, this child has made it home safely. It's almost 10:30 and I'm worried about baby girl and I'm not even her mom. Hopefully, she went to a friends house or something and will be found soon.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/03/10 - 11:57 pm
Please God, don't let her be

Please God, don't let her be another statistic.

Taylor B
Taylor B 12/04/10 - 12:07 am
Prayers to all involved. I

Prayers to all involved. I hope this is just a misunderstanding. Find someplace safe, little one.

PUPPYMOMMA
PUPPYMOMMA 12/04/10 - 12:20 am
Alright! Jasmine, you scared

Alright! Jasmine, you scared everyone to death. Thank goodness your okay-safe and warm where a little girl should be. Smiles!

augusta citizen
augusta citizen 12/04/10 - 12:50 am
What a blessing!

What a blessing!

xpresso1
xpresso1 12/04/10 - 01:39 am
What a wonderful blessing

What a wonderful blessing that she has been found. Praise God she is safe and at home where she belongs. I can only imagine what her family has gone through today. What a happy ending.

dani
dani 12/04/10 - 03:06 am
6 hours? Her family must

6 hours? Her family must have been frantic.

Brenda_G
Brenda_G 12/04/10 - 05:19 am
I already know my response to

I already know my response to the article, as written (no details) will be seen as "unfeeling" or some such, however, aside from the fact I am glad she is safe, IF this is just a case of a kid doing as they please, then she should be punished. Too many kids are given trophies for just showing up, ergo they feel entitled. Too long a blind eye has been turned to raising children and you see the results. It's the same as sowing seed, letting it fend for itself and expecting a robust crop with minimal attention. If she was abducted, you may serve me my words.

skeptic griggsy
skeptic griggsy 12/04/10 - 07:11 am
dani, right.

dani, right.

dani
dani 12/04/10 - 10:08 am
In a movie on TV last night

In a movie on TV last night the woman was told to "be a mother", a good message for all those with children.

dani
dani 12/04/10 - 10:09 am
skeptic. You are a skeptic

skeptic. You are a skeptic ...I know.

bclicious
bclicious 12/04/10 - 10:27 am
Unless she was kidnapped or

Unless she was kidnapped or something, there better be a butt whoopin heading her way!!!!!!!!!!

dani
dani 12/04/10 - 06:11 pm
Where had she been,

Where had she been,

WiseOldMan
WiseOldMan 12/04/10 - 04:47 pm
Praise the Lord that is

Praise the Lord that is little girl is now home safely.
May this be a wakeup call to the family to have a closer bond.
Family prayers before bedtime make for a better, closer family.

AutumnLeaves