Woman bites hand that robs her

A woman bit the hand of a robber pointing a gun at her Wednesday, but it wasn’t enough to stop him from stealing her money, a Richmond County sheriff’s report shows.

The victim was picked up by an acquaintance around 9:30 a.m. and given a ride to the bank, where she withdrew almost $400 cash to pay her light bill. But instead of going to Georgia Power, the suspect drove the victim to the rear of a house on the 2400 block of Bahama Drive and pointed a gun at her chest, saying “give me all your money or I’m going to shoot you,” according to a report.

The victim bit the suspect’s hand and tried to fight him, but the robber, who is unnamed in a report, snatched the money and fled the car. The victim followed the suspect, but did not get her money back.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 12/01/10 - 09:57 pm
Desperate measure, since she

Desperate measure, since she could get sick from biting him. Can't blame her, though.

humbleopinion
humbleopinion 12/01/10 - 11:03 pm
The Federal government STEALS

The Federal government STEALS far more than that amount from me every month to give away to others. The only difference is the IRS doesn't use a gun. Maybe we all need to start biting the taxman......

tuffenuf4u
tuffenuf4u 12/02/10 - 07:23 am
I guess at this point the

I guess at this point the taxman is Obama, but I am not so sure I want to bite him.

Taylor B
Taylor B 12/02/10 - 07:43 am
Humble, don't pay your taxes

Humble, don't pay your taxes and you will eventually see a gun.

dani
dani 12/02/10 - 08:19 am
An acquaintance, huh? O-Kay!

An acquaintance, huh? O-Kay!

justmy2cents
justmy2cents 12/02/10 - 09:11 am
I'm confused, the suspect was

I'm confused, the suspect was close enough an acquaintance to give her a lift to the bank, but there is no name in the police report??

Did she forget their name after being robbed??????

Cadence
Cadence 12/02/10 - 09:13 am
This story doesn't make

This story doesn't make sense. Details are missing I think.

kmb413
kmb413 12/02/10 - 09:51 am
Why would you pick someone

Why would you pick someone up, then go to an ATM to get money out. The acquaintence then sees she has $400. If I had to withdrawel that amount of money I wouldn't have done it with someone I don't know that well by my side. Besides, Georgia Power takes checks and debit cards.

MomInRC
MomInRC 12/02/10 - 12:19 pm
Thief gives victim a ride but

Thief gives victim a ride but then fled the car after snatching money? I'm assuming that should say they fled in the car. Otherwise, it makes no sense, especially since it says she followed them. Was it on foot or in their own car? She also either lied or only knew them by face since police reports use nicknames if they have them.

Venue change sought in Aiken police slaying

Judge Clifton Newman told attorneys for Stephon Carter that a motion to move the venue or select jurors outside Aiken County was premature. Carter is accused of killing Public Safety Officer ...