McDuffie accident kills girl, 17

Tuesday, Nov. 30, 2010 9:00 AM
Last updated 10:11 AM

THOMSON -- A 17-year-old believed to be on her way to Thomson High this morning was killed instantly when her vehicle ran into a log truck.

Sgt. Ritchie Howard, of the Georgia State Patrol, identified her as Hali Fuller, of the 3300 block of Sand Hill Road, Thomson.  The accident took place on Mount Pleasant Road about 7:20 a.m. five miles south of Thomson.

The young woman driving a Mazda 626 drove into the side of the empty log truck as it was turning.  The truck is owned by Haynes Ashmore, of Lincolnton, who identified its driver as Joe Ablea, 58, also of Lincolnton.

Traffic around the Mount Pleasant Road area is being rerouted, authorities said.

pommom38
pommom38 11/30/10 - 10:15 am
*Will refrain from commenting

*Will refrain from commenting what I really want to say*
Prayers to this young ladies family! Way to young to die.. Just tragic..

CATFISHSTEW
CATFISHSTEW 11/30/10 - 10:25 am
There could have been alot of

There could have been alot of reasons. To bad you weren't with her, maybe you could have driven for her. If you are not a State Trooper , your comments are not needed. my heart goes out to this young girls family.

MommyofTripp08
MommyofTripp08 11/30/10 - 10:35 am
I too will refrain from

I too will refrain from comments that I really want to say. Thoughts and prayers are with this young girls family and friends. Its always a sad a tragic thing when a young person is killed weather from a car accident or something else..

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 11/30/10 - 10:45 am
The young lady may have had a

The young lady may have had a couple years of driving experience under her belt and was a competent, responsible driver. No information as to the cause was mentioned in this article and speculating is a waste of time. All drivers encounter nasty surprises from time to time on the road, we just hate reading about sad outcomes such as this one.

My sincere sympathies to the family.

BULLDOGM-H
BULLDOGM-H 11/30/10 - 10:49 am
Does anyone know who the

Does anyone know who the young girl is? I have an 18 year old son at Thomson High School. Prayers for this young girls family.

breezyhill5
breezyhill5 11/30/10 - 10:52 am
I've only heard a last name -

I've only heard a last name - nothing has been confirmed yet. My son goes to THS as well and he was friends with the little girl that was killed last week, and now this.. The student body has had too much saddness to deal with lately.. Breaks my heart..

Jwallace
Jwallace 11/30/10 - 10:57 am
Waiting on the name! I

Waiting on the name! I graduated from THS last year... This is just too much. Praying for that school, all affected, and the family!

Truth Be Told In Bold
Truth Be Told In Bold 11/30/10 - 11:39 am
I was flagged, and my comment

I was flagged, and my comment removed. I understand, Sean Moores, but I have seen much worse - as far as allegations double entendres in sentences or word spelling - allowed to stay. His comment hung around too long, and my blood boiled a bit. Let's keep the main thing the main thing. A tragedy has occurred and I am so sorry for all affected by this.

dani
dani 11/30/10 - 11:14 am
I know that it is sometimes

I know that it is sometimes hard to see the trucks from the side, and the skies are overcast...
My prayers go out to the family and friends.

ach1239
ach1239 11/30/10 - 11:32 am
My heart goes out to this

My heart goes out to this young lady's family and friends. Please, please refrain from "wondering" what happened. This child's family and friends are reading these posts. It doesn't matter how it happened, it only matters that a young lady has lost her life, parents have lost their child, and teens have lost their friend!

pommom38
pommom38 11/30/10 - 11:34 am
Only person who can say what

Only person who can say what did or was occurring at time of impact, is deceased.
I don't know which is worse for the family, knowing or not knowing..

ANGEL
ANGEL 11/30/10 - 11:35 am
Haley Fuller, 17 years old is

Haley Fuller, 17 years old is the young girl's name. My heart goes out for all her family, classmates and friends. I will be praying for everyone

Batman
Batman 11/30/10 - 11:36 am
My condolences to the family.

My condolences to the family.

jones255
jones255 11/30/10 - 11:47 am
@ Haley's family and friends

@ Haley's family and friends - my heart, thoughts, and prayers are with you all. May God give you all strength and peace, to get you through this tragedy. I'm so sorry for your loss.
@Truth - I wish I could've seen the comment, so I too, would have boiled blood. I'm sure it was something mean, to have gotten you so upset. There are just stupid, worthless people in this world and we have to deal with them.

bmad33
bmad33 11/30/10 - 11:46 am
What is wrong with people?

What is wrong with people? This young lady lost her life this morning and her parents and family are wonderful people! God bless them as they deal with the loss of this precious young lady. I am certainly praying for her parents, family and friends. I also have to pray for you people who make such idiotic comments at such a time as this!

belle
belle 11/30/10 - 11:59 am
Mr Moore has cut comments

Mr Moore has cut comments before for some lame reasons but I am very glad he glad that one out. It wasn't as horrible as you may imagine, it was just stupid and insensitive.

billcass
billcass 11/30/10 - 12:05 pm
My best friend lost his 17

My best friend lost his 17 year old daughter in a similar situation 2 years ago. This family is in for a long road of despair and hurt. They need prayers and condolences, not second guessing and ignorance.

mable8
mable8 11/30/10 - 12:33 pm
No parent wants to, or should

No parent wants to, or should have to, bury a child regardless of age. Such a tragic event; heartfelt condolences to the family and driver of the truck--he needs everyone's prayers as well.

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 11/30/10 - 12:44 pm
For those who seem to think

For those who seem to think that some of the above posts are speculating on the cause of the accident you're mostly mistaken. We were responding to an insensitive post that's been removed and now our remarks are a little out of context. The current posts have been respectful and sensitive to the family and friends of the victim. This is as it should be....

SC88fan
SC88fan 11/30/10 - 01:16 pm
Our sympathies to this young

Our sympathies to this young girls family and friends.

whyme
whyme 11/30/10 - 01:32 pm
As long as the Chronicle

As long as the Chronicle allows these forums to run as they are, then the insensitive members of our society will continue to post their insensitive comments. They make our community look like a bunch of ignorant low-life losers. Expressing your opinion in an educated manner or offering congrats/condolences is supposed to be the general idea, people. Doesn't anyone else care?

gsamanta
gsamanta 11/30/10 - 01:33 pm
This young lady was one of my

This young lady was one of my brother-in-law's good friends. We knew the whole group of them that hung out together. She was a sweet girl and I cannot even imagine what her parents are going through right now. RIP Haley. Your friends and family loved you dearly and will miss you always. Prayers to my brother-in-law and his friends, as well, as this is the second friend they have lost in the last four months. "The good die young" And prayers to the truck driver, as well. Such a sad tragedy.

dgoo1269
dgoo1269 11/30/10 - 02:31 pm
Just a little prayer for Hali

Just a little prayer for Hali and her family. Her father is a friend of mine, I am thinking and praying for the whole family.

PUPPYMOMMA
PUPPYMOMMA 11/30/10 - 05:03 pm
Such a sad story. My

Such a sad story. My condolences to the family. I can't imagine losing my baby girl (She's grown now but will always be my baby girl)and pray for this family and the truck driver. One short moment in time has changed a family forever. Rest in peace.

BULLDOGM-H
BULLDOGM-H 11/30/10 - 05:20 pm
My sincere condolences go out

My sincere condolences go out to the family in the loss of Hali. I know first hand the pain and heartache of burying a child. I pray that you will allow God to direct your paths and know that he is with you always. My prayers also go out to the truck driver as this is something that will be with him for the rest of his life. I pray that he will also find peace and guidance in the Lord. My son is a senior at Thomson High School this makes the 3rd person within a year that these students have had to deal with losing. My prayers are with the students, faculty and staff of Thomson High School as they endure yet another loss.

leigham25
leigham25 11/30/10 - 06:50 pm
My thoughts and prayers are

My thoughts and prayers are with the family of Hali Brooke. I cannot imagine how tough this is on her parents and brother especially. It was a difficult day at THS today, and will be difficult tomorrow as the students process this loss. Please remember to keep her friends in your prayers as well, this is the second loss that THS has had in 2 weeks and the students are having to cope with lots of sadness this holiday season.

Sweet son
Sweet son 11/30/10 - 07:09 pm
I am very late in here but do

I am very late in here but do you guys see the word "report" in the upper right of a comment. Click on that link if you feel a comment is not suitable. Sean and the rest do a good job!!!

Cadence
Cadence 11/30/10 - 10:32 pm
So very sad. I hope the

So very sad. I hope the family will find a small, very small, measure of comfort in knowing how many people are praying for them, and holding them in our thoughts.

rolyat97
rolyat97 12/01/10 - 05:30 pm
that was my cousin by

that was my cousin by marriage she was cool and sweet but i never really hung out but knew her like my self and its really hard to let her go but she is in a better place :)* R.i.P Hali Fuller MISS you MUCHEZ hope to see you some day"

rolyat97
rolyat97 12/01/10 - 05:32 pm
i hope she knows i love herr!

i hope she knows i love herr! even though we werent all the way true family but she is in my thoughts. miss you hali fuller see you somedayy

Teacher group backs Carter for governor

ATLANTA - One of the largest teachers' groups in Georgia has announced its support for Democrat Jason Carter, as he challenges Republican Gov. Nathan Deal in the fall.