Walton Way lanes closing Monday

Wednesday, Nov. 24, 2010 12:43 PM
Last updated 5:04 PM

Walton Way lane closures are expected for one month while crews work to fix the road, according to the Georgia Department of Transportation,

The closure of Walton Way from Gordon Highway to 15th Street will begin Monday.

Lane closures are expected from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sundays through Fridays for milling and then 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Mondays through Fridays for paving.

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 11/24/10 - 02:10 pm
Well now, won't that be fun!

Well now, won't that be fun!

tyw
tyw 11/24/10 - 02:35 pm
Finally

Finally

Sweet son
Sweet son 11/24/10 - 02:46 pm
while crews work to mills and

while crews work to mills and pave the road, according to the Georgia Department of Transportation,

Shouldn't it be "work to mill and pave the road". Sentence had no period. I just really wanted to know what "mills" means. Is that where they grind up old asphault and replace it with new.

Grammar just drives me crazy.

juliebac
juliebac 11/24/10 - 05:24 pm
She drives me crazy as well!

She drives me crazy as well! Sorry, could not resist.....will some of the intersections remain open, does anyone know (like 13th and Walton Way)?

TeamLoser
TeamLoser 11/24/10 - 06:32 pm
Well at least one street is

Well at least one street is getting paved, I expect it is to look good for the new courthouse.

When will some other roads in dire need get fixed or do we have to wait for government buildings to be built on those too?

Iamrightyouarewrong
Iamrightyouarewrong 11/24/10 - 10:12 pm
Do you mean the new

Do you mean the new government building that won't have enough parking???? Brilliant planning there Richmond County.

Iamrightyouarewrong
Iamrightyouarewrong 11/24/10 - 10:13 pm
I'm glad they are finally

I'm glad they are finally paving the road though. I'll tolerate some inconvenience to have a smooth road. Walton Way has been horrible for years.