Man sought after child, 4, beaten

Wednesday, Nov. 10, 2010 10:23 AM
Last updated 10:28 AM

Authorities are searching for a man who struck a 4-year-old Tuesday, according to Richmond County sheriff’s Sgt. Blaise Dresser.

Bussey
Bussey

Elcano Bussey, 25, struck the child after he wet the bed. The child had bruises on his face and hip, along with bruises and cuts to his buttocks.

The mother had left her child in Bussey’s care while she was working, Dresser said.

TK3
TK3 11/10/10 - 10:34 am
This slug needs to be found,

This slug needs to be found, hosed and buried under the jail, then DSS should check on the Mother for leaving a kid with this type of creep.

tuffenuf4u
tuffenuf4u 11/10/10 - 10:39 am
I have no mercy on a child

I have no mercy on a child beater. You can figure out the rest.

Crabby Appleton
Crabby Appleton 11/10/10 - 10:41 am
A shameful incident. The

A shameful incident. The story leaves a lot of open space for conjecture. So many questions come to mind. Was this the child's father for one? Tune in for the rest of the story I guess.

PUPPYMOMMA
PUPPYMOMMA 11/10/10 - 11:36 am
Wow! What a moron. Beat about

Wow! What a moron. Beat about the face with bruises and cuts to bottom. There is no excuse for this. Poor kid. Maybe child had too much to drink before going to bed or maybe he's exhibiting bed-wetting because this creep is in his and his mother's life. What else has he "disciplined" this child for? Jail is too good for him.

jdsgirl63
jdsgirl63 11/10/10 - 11:39 am
Slapping a 4 year old child

Slapping a 4 year old child is bad enough in itself. Bruises and cuts to the child buttocks? Horrendous! I don't care if this is the childs father or not, his actions were extreme and I can only hope he is justly punished.

Farmboy
Farmboy 11/10/10 - 12:13 pm
Pure filth.

Pure filth.

Abby-noll
Abby-noll 11/10/10 - 12:37 pm
Oh, they'll find him... I

Oh, they'll find him... I just hope this creep gets exactly what he deserves!

DMac_357
DMac_357 11/10/10 - 01:28 pm
@ripjones - we're a little

@ripjones - we're a little quick to want to take the child and put them up for adoption, aren't we? What little we know about this incident is not enough to warrant taking the child away from the mother. We can assume all day long but in the end, we should wait and see what other info comes out before going to such a drastic step. If the mother has some type of history of putting her child in danger, I'll agree with you that the child shouldn't be in the custody of the mother but we aren't there yet. We have more than enough children in foster care and we shouldn't send one more based off 3 small paragraphs from the AC.

mable8
mable8 11/10/10 - 01:44 pm
Well, yet another "man" has

Well, yet another "man" has salvaged his masculine image by beating a helpless child. Did he ever wonder if the child's fear of him is the reason he wet the bed? These "adults" who have this urge to prove who's the boss need to check into the nearest asylum. And DMac_357, you are correct in stating it is a bit premature to remove the child from his mother's care; there is not enough evidence noted in the article where she is culpable at this time. What is presented here is quite different from the child abuse article earlier this week where both adults were found to be culpable. xpresso1, we have chain gangs and this does not make the offenders "dread" being locked up; we also have tough laws regarding the consequences for child abuse, but this has served as no deterrent.

If we want to combat child abuse and crime in general, then we must begin at home and in our schools through education--prevention is worth a pound of cure. But people will not do this because they have become used to the government providing the fixes for all our social ills. What needs to be recognized is that the government is limited, but it can be brutal if we allow it to happen--folks need to take responsibility for their actions and quit expecting all the answers from the legislators.

HDawg
HDawg 11/10/10 - 02:40 pm
This child may have been

This child may have been wetting the bed out of fear of this creep. If I am the father of the child, Mr. Bussey better hope the cops find him before I do.

jojo6500jojo
jojo6500jojo 11/10/10 - 03:04 pm
I think there should be a

I think there should be a child abuse registry that identifies known child abusers. By the way, it likely was the mother that reported the abuse since she is not being prosecuted which probably means this is the first time the mother has been aware of any abuse. She is probably a single mother who has been dating this guy for a while and had to leave the child with him to work because the babysitter didn't come through or something. He probably seemed like a great guy before this. Abusers are usually very charming.

Farmboy
Farmboy 11/10/10 - 03:55 pm
I wish I didn't have to live

I wish I didn't have to live anywhere around people like the man in this article. Please send them somewhere else.

sassylassie
sassylassie 11/10/10 - 10:10 pm
I remember seeing this guy

I remember seeing this guy when he was a little kid in an elementary classroom. I will always remember his first name because it reminded me of "volcano." I remember the teacher calling his name a million times because of his behavior, which was aggressive and disruptive. I guess some things never change. Amazing. Lock him up!
And, parents need to closely examine who they leave their children with as a childcare resource. This is happening WAY too often. Check the news!

Stormwater fee to fund Columbia County repairs