Three Friday crimes appear unrelated

Armed robbers struck three Augusta locations Friday in seemingly unrelated incidents.

Around 2 a.m. , the driver of a 1979 orange El Camino said that three suspects armed with shotguns and automatic rifles approached his vehicle after he parked it in the 200 block of East Chapman Street, according to a Richmond County Sheriff's Office incident report. The robbers fled after taking money, cell phones and shoes from the occupants, the report said.

At 10:06 p.m. , two masked suspects entered the Taco Bell at 2517 Tobacco Road and locked the door , according to an incident report. The suspects , one of whom held a gun, left with nothing after ordering a worker to drop the mop he was holding .

A few doors down at 10:19 p.m. , two masked suspects armed with either a razor or box-cutter type weapon entered the Little Caesar s on Tobacco Road and demanded cash, then fled with money in the direction of Raintree subdivision, according to an incident report.

PetsArePeopleToo
PetsArePeopleToo 11/01/10 - 12:32 am
CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/01/10 - 12:44 am
Countyman, Your poll number

Countyman, Your poll number is falling everyday!

Chillen
Chillen 11/01/10 - 08:59 am
Once the cold weather and

Once the cold weather and some regular rain kick in then crime will go down. Unless the economy keeps tanking and the entitlment crowd continues to use that as an "excuse" for their crimes.

boredinaug
boredinaug 11/01/10 - 10:06 am
No way I will raise my child

No way I will raise my child here in this ridiculous town. People can say all day long that crime like this happens everywhere...you are WRONG. If you believe every town is like this one...you really need to get out more. Poverty and the "entitlement crowd" (I like that term btw Chillen) is out of control in Augusta...nothing will change until it is stopped.

countyman
19152
countyman 11/01/10 - 11:58 am
Everyone is entitled to their

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. But don't you already live outside of Augusta? I mean you post the same comments 95% of the time there's a crime in Augusta. But you always skip the article reporting crime in the surrounding area.

You are wrong if you believe robberies don't happen in every small to large city. You really need to get out more. If you think the crime here is worse than the majority of cities in the united states.

Flint, Michigan a city of 90k to 100k had 50 homicides on September 29th, 2010..

Jackson, MS a city of 175k had 28 homicides on September 1st, 2010,

Greenville, MS a city of 36k had 11 homicides on Septemer 1st, 2010.

Augusta, GA a city of over 200k had 32 homicides on November 1st, 2010.

Geoparent ranked Augusta 1 of the 10 best cities to raise a family in 2010.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/01/10 - 10:45 am
countyman, go Disqusta, with

countyman, go Disqusta, with a little effort we can bet Flint, Michigan.

Yep, almost double by volume.

countyman
19152
countyman 11/01/10 - 10:59 am
I think you meant ''beat''

I think you meant ''beat'' instead of ''bet''...

The name of this thriving city is called Augusta.

pommom38
pommom38 11/01/10 - 10:58 am
OMG!! Someone check me for a

OMG!! Someone check me for a fever.. I actually agree with Countyman!! LOL

If you live thinking that, then wake up to reality already! You're reading a local newspaper therefore you see crime here. How many other papers do you read???
Sorry to burst your dang bubble, but crime IS everywhere!

boredinaug
boredinaug 11/01/10 - 01:23 pm
I think its fantastic that

I think its fantastic that you all support your city and are posting daily defenses for the place you live and love. I have continually read your posts about crime and Augusta and how it relates to other major cities and the crimes that take place in those cities as well. What is your point? So, if Augusta has ONLY 32 murders in a year...wow...that's fantastic! That's just the town I want to be in because I mean, 32 murders...with all of the people who live here...that's not bad, right? You're justification of this is RIDICULOUS and sad. I have lived in SEVERAL states and SEVERAL cities throughout the United States and I can tell you Sir, they are NOT all like Augusta. Every city (large and small)does not have poverty levels in the 24.1 percent plus bracket and they are not all the recipients of every government program conceivable because of that fact. In addition, they do not have daily shootings, robberies and a weekly murder to boast about. Oh, and COUNTYMAN Augusta being listed as one of Geoparents top 10 places to raise a family?? (what are they basing this on?) I read this article and its quite wanting for an explanation of WHY. I mean...before I lived here all I saw was the Masters Golf tournament, beautiful old buildings, the Riverwalk...I mean...COME ON. Everyone I know who VISITS here likes it. We have a good way of hiding our "ugly" during Masters Week. You can never convince anyone of what they refuse to see. AND btw- I live in RICHMOND COUNTY:)

Abby-noll
Abby-noll 11/01/10 - 06:13 pm
Augusta may not be as bad as

Augusta may not be as bad as some other cities... but does that mean there is nothing we can do about the crime we have? Do the other cities you mention not care about their crime rate? Just because it's not as bad as somewhere else doesn't mean it's not bad. There IS room for improvement!

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 11/01/10 - 08:53 pm

thank you boredinAugusta and Abby-noll. To all: Please make an educated vote tomorrow to reflect your concerns.

Emerydan
Emerydan 11/01/10 - 08:59 pm
Abby.. well we have a mayor

Abby.. well we have a mayor who cannot even admit that we have a crime problem. He offers platitudes, but no solutions. He cannot even find the time to fit it into his schedule to meet with the sheriff regularly.. but he can meet with officials from Ripken baseball more than 30 times. Deke is completely detached from the priorities that are on the minds of a majority of people in this city. Please keep this in mind when you cast your vote tomorrow.

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 11/01/10 - 11:56 pm
100% correct boredinaug and

100% correct boredinaug and Abby!!!!!!!

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 11/01/10 - 11:59 pm
And yes crime may be

And yes crime may be everywhere, but if you can't tell that in some places there are tons more crime, especially violent, than in others, you must be part ostrich. That "at least its not as bad as other places so we should be happy" is not only getting old, but also the most ludicrous yet typical bleeding heart answer I have ever heard and isn't taken with more than a grain of salt by anyone with common sense looking to live and raise a family in a civilized moral city.

Grovetown escapees captured

Two inmates who escaped the Grovetown Department of Public Safety Detention Center late Friday are back in police custody, officials said.