Man pulled over by police had been shot

Aiken Public Safety officers are trying to determine who shot a man they pulled over for speeding about 9:30 p.m. Sunday.

The man, whom officers stopped at Edgefield Avenue and Laurens Street in Aiken, was driving with an apparent gunshot injury, Aiken Public Safety Lt. David Turno said.

The man, whose name was not released, was taken to a hospital, Turno said.

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 11/01/10 - 05:16 am
So, the large number of area

So, the large number of area shootings may be larger?
There's no telling how many people are driving around with bullet injuries.

countyman
countyman 11/01/10 - 10:08 am
Strange

Strange

kmb413
kmb413 11/01/10 - 02:07 pm
I thought this was a repeat

I thought this was a repeat of last week, but it is different one.

Whim
Whim 11/01/10 - 02:47 pm
Boy, some people will use any

Boy, some people will use any excuse to get out of a speeding ticket!!

flipa
flipa 11/01/10 - 05:25 pm
MOST of Aiken co crime is

MOST of Aiken co crime is covered up and hushed up. They don't want anyone to know a turf war has broken out in Aiken Co. No one is safe.

pommom38
pommom38 11/01/10 - 06:52 pm
Where are you getting the

Where are you getting the incidents info then? By all means, please do share for Aiken County residents who apparently live in *the dark*.
Crime is all over, and Aiken County is no different.
No, there haven't been 32 murders so far, but the robberies, shootings, etc. are still up there. And I do recall reading about most of those.
LOL @Whim!!

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 11/01/10 - 08:05 pm
One time I saw a neighbor

One time I saw a neighbor hopping up and down and yelling in my direction as I drove out of my driveway and down the hill. I thought my tire had just popped, heard another pop, thought both had popped, went around the corner, just in case, it wasn't that, and sure enough, the tires weren't popped. But later, that afternoon, that neighbor's called the police and said I had been shooting at them. Well, I realized then, I had been the one getting shot at and he was covering for her by making a false report. Not a good feeling.

flipa
flipa 11/02/10 - 11:13 am
Meth Rd from N. A. to Aiken

Meth Rd from N. A. to Aiken is ate up with meth, Bradleyville Rd requires FLEETS of N. Augusta cops two or three times a week, Aiken city is framing Franklin Wright for 2 or their unsolved murders, and per capita Aiken county is ahead of Augusta in crime per person. Remember that some of Augusta Area Murders that they are counting for this area actually happened in Aiken Co but counted towards the CSRA Total.

Georgia Regents' hospital plan chosen