Graham in SC to discuss repealing health care law

COLUMBIA - U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham and health care providers will be talking up plans to repeal and replace the new national health care law.

Graham and physicians will hold a news conference in Columbia today and present their "Citizens Prescription to Repeal and Replace Obamacare."

The federal legislation backed by President Barack Obama is facing challenges in federal court and has become a rallying point for Republicans in this year's election.

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 10/22/10 - 05:50 am
It seems that Graham READ the

It seems that Graham READ the bill that the dems had to "pass it so we can know what's in it".

55 F-100
55 F-100 10/22/10 - 06:37 am
Congratulations, Lindsey, for

Congratulations, Lindsey, for being pro-active in attacking Prezbhojangles' health deform act.

GOSHEN77
GOSHEN77 10/22/10 - 07:39 am
So much hate just for making

So much hate just for making healthcare more affordable and accessible for the millions of working people in this country. I guess health care is only for the rich. As the GOP thinks, if you get sick with no HC better to die.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/22/10 - 07:42 am
Health care does need

Health care does need tweaking.....it isn't hate when you want to UNDERSTAND what is really in the new law....will it be more accessible is the question..

ReformedRepub
ReformedRepub 10/22/10 - 08:45 am
The Republican health care

The Republican health care plan: Then let them go ahead and die, and decrease the surplus population! (Dickens: A Christmas Carol). I hope every Republican gets a taste of what the majority of Americans who can't afford to give the insurance companies their outlandish, thieving, over-the top profits have to look forward to. Republicans cannot be Christians with these attitudes.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/22/10 - 08:53 am
ReformedRepub

ReformedRepub wrote:

Republicans cannot be Christians with these attitudes.

That's not very charitable.

jrbfromga
jrbfromga 10/22/10 - 08:56 am
People need to understand two

People need to understand two things: 1) the healthcare system needs reforms in many ways, including tort reform and insurance reform; 2) the bill passed in Congress is terribly politicized and flawed and is not the reform we need. Get it? There is more than one way to skin a cat, and the most recently chose approach is bass-ackwards, to say the least.

Insider Information
Insider Information 10/22/10 - 10:26 am
Anyone who believes that

Anyone who believes that every American can get health care coverage while saving money and improving services must still believe in the tooth fairy, Santa Claus and an honest politician.

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 10/22/10 - 11:00 am
Too bad Graham didn't

Too bad Graham didn't participate in trying to get together a better bill BEFORE all this started. Perhaps a better plan that satisfied ALL would have been approved and this current RepubliCANT nonsense could have be avoided.

Pennywise
Pennywise 10/22/10 - 11:20 am
I love how republicans say

I love how republicans say "When we get into office we're going to repeal EVERYTHING Obama has done"....yet they never actually say what they intend to do after they dismantle everything into pieces. I can't believe people are dumb enough to vote these people back in!

Insider Information
Insider Information 10/22/10 - 11:28 am
I can't believe anyone is

I can't believe anyone is dumb enough to beleive politicians can fix the mythical health care problem.
The government couldn't even manage to bring a bottle of water to the Super Dome after Katrina.

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/22/10 - 11:46 am
Penny, just out of curiosity,

Penny, just out of curiosity, before you typed that comment, did you do any research at all into the Republican ideas for Healthcare Reform? I already know the answer. So why would you do it? There is a ton of information available. You may not agree with it. But to say that the Republicans have no solutions is really a not so smart statement.

Pennywise
Pennywise 10/22/10 - 12:14 pm
Justthefacts all I've heard

Justthefacts all I've heard them say and repeat over and over is "tax cuts" and that's about it.

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/22/10 - 12:27 pm
Penny, I suggest you try to

Penny, I suggest you try to become more well read. If so, you will be introduced to terms like "tort reform", "Portability", "insurance fraud", etc. But, whatever.

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 10/22/10 - 12:47 pm
The Republicans didn't have

The Republicans didn't have any alternative plans except for healthcare spending accounts and tax breaks for purchasing your own insurance. I had a healthcare spending account with my last job and it turned out to be a nuissance for dental claims. I kept having to fax my claims every time I went to the dentist. At that time I was having a lot of work done and it really got to be a pain. As for purchasing your own health insurance. I had gotten a plan with one of the largest insurers in the country. My premium started at $107 a month to get me in the door. Three years later my premiums had jumped to about $450 a month.

Pennywise
Pennywise 10/22/10 - 12:48 pm
I'm watching the same debates

I'm watching the same debates you watch perhaps I've missed something. Or maybe I need to watch Faux News and drink the Beck-Aide to "get it"....

ruudvonbaron
ruudvonbaron 10/22/10 - 12:53 pm
If an individual chooses to

If an individual chooses to partake in healthcare then go see a doctor, go to a clinic, or go to the hospital........then just pay your bill. If an individual chooses to go the route of purchasing healthcare insurance......then just pay your bill. It is no different than choosing to purchase an automobile or automobile insurance.

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/22/10 - 01:21 pm
A sampling of the 32 HC bills

A sampling of the 32 HC bills the Republicans put forth, of which none were allowed out of committee by the Democrats : H.R. 77; H.R. 109; H.R. 198; H.R. 270; H.R. 321; H.R. 464; H.R. 502; H.R. 544; H.R. 917; H.R. 1086; H.R. 1118; H.R. 1441; H.R. 1458; H.R. 1468; H.R. 1658; H.R. 1891; H.R. 2520; H.R. 2607; H.R. 2692; H.R. 2784; H.R. 2785; H.R. 2786; H.R. 2787; H.R. 3141; H.R. 3217; H.R. 3218; H.R. 3356; H.R. 3372; H.R. 3400; H.R. 3438; H.R. 3454; and H.R. 3478.
Bipartisanship at it's finest.