Jenny Sanford says SC gov is still seeing lover

COLUMBIA — Former South Carolina first lady Jenny Sanford says her ex-husband is still seeing the Argentine woman who caused the breakup of their marriage.

Jenny Sanford appeared on ABC's "Good Morning America" on Tuesday, saying Gov. Mark Sanford has not introduced their four children to the woman he's called his soul mate.

Gov. Sanford disappeared for five days in June 2009 and told no one where he was going. The governor came back to South Carolina and admitted to a yearlong affair with Maria Belen Chapur.

Mark Sanford said in May he spent several days in Florida with Chapur to see if they could restart their relationship. He has refused to talk about her since.

A call to Sanford's spokesman was not immediately returned Tuesday.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 10/19/10 - 10:05 am
He has not introduced his

He has not introduced his four children to his "soul mate"? How inconsiderate of him! Ridiculous is what I call it - leave those poor kids out of this mess and leave office and disappear into the Floridian sunset.

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 10/19/10 - 10:08 am
How stupid is this article

How stupid is this article and what is Jenny doing fixating on a situation she, justifiably, ended? Does she smell money from the lecherous freaks on the left? Has she decided to join the side show that brought you "reality" shows?
Who knew this would be an AP story?

While I certainly don't condone Mark Sanford's actions as relates to his mistress, I may be getting an idea of why he sought companionship elsewhere.

jazzlover04
jazzlover04 10/19/10 - 10:07 am
Is the type of values

Is the type of values conservatives claim they want to return to?

zcock
zcock 10/19/10 - 10:15 am
Who cares! I wish both of

Who cares! I wish both of them would just leave SC after his term ends.

airbud7
airbud7 10/19/10 - 11:14 am
Move On Ex Mrs Sanford! Your

Move On Ex Mrs Sanford! Your Ex Husband Is In Love♥With Someone else.

Dee Laurean
Dee Laurean 10/19/10 - 10:18 am
I would think that the fact

I would think that the fact that he is still with the woman who caused their breakup would/should be comforting for her. Has anybody stopped for a minute and considered that he actually really does love her and she wasn't just a piece of tail for a weekend fling?

pommom38
pommom38 10/19/10 - 10:35 am
My thoughts Dee. For once,

My thoughts Dee. For once, Gov has actually shown the grass IS greener on the other side! Doesn't usually work out that way, so the fact that they are still together, let them be.
Jenny shouldn't still be discussing *his* life with anyone, much less the media!! Jenny hun, it's over, GET OVER IT!!!
Maybe your EX is doing the right thing by NOT bringing your kids into this yet. Stop bashing and move on woman..

InChristLove
InChristLove 10/19/10 - 10:54 am
"Is the type of values

"Is the type of values conservatives claim they want to return to?"

No jazzlover04, this is not representative of the conservative values some of us long to return to. Although Mr. Sanford represented himself as holding conservative values, he is human and we all make mistakes. I believe he has paid in more ways than just loosing his family for this mistake.

As for Ms. Sanford, move on. I believe I heard where she was dating again so why should this even be an issue to discuss. Tell the media you are no longer concerned about your ex-husbands activities and if they have questions they are better referred to him. Please don't loose the dignity and class you have shown up until now.

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 10/19/10 - 11:47 am
Mrs. Sanford needs to accept

Mrs. Sanford needs to accept that the divorce she demanded has been finalized. He is no longer her husband and is free to date whomever he wishes. just as she herself is doing.......

gnumbgnuts
gnumbgnuts 10/19/10 - 12:04 pm
Ms. Sanford move on, you're

Ms. Sanford move on, you're making yourself look pithetic.

BombquishaDavis
BombquishaDavis 10/19/10 - 12:14 pm
Uh..the article doesn't say

Uh..the article doesn't say if ABC ASKED Ms Sanford if the gov was still seeing his lover. If THEY asked her on live tv...what was she supposed to do? Lie?

csrareader
csrareader 10/19/10 - 12:17 pm
Before all you folks started

Before all you folks started bashing Jenny Sanford, maybe you should have researched what she actually said:

""Sometimes I think it would be nice if he stayed with her because it would make it seem like maybe there was a reason to break the whole family up and go through all this," Mrs. Sanford said. "But it really doesn't bother me one way or the other."

Does that sound like a woman worried about what the Governor is up to?

gnumbgnuts
gnumbgnuts 10/19/10 - 12:34 pm
If she did not want to

If she did not want to discuss her ex, she simply would have told ABC, "Please no questions about Governor Sanford." pithetic...

csrareader
csrareader 10/19/10 - 12:45 pm
qnum -- it's "pathetic" not

qnum -- it's "pathetic" not "pithetic."

InChristLove
InChristLove 10/19/10 - 12:50 pm
"Former South Carolina first

"Former South Carolina first lady Jenny Sanford says her ex-husband is still seeing the Argentine woman who caused the breakup of their marriage."

This is what this article stated. Now if she didn't say this, then what was written is a lie. Course the statement wasn't in quotes....so there you go.

My comments still stand (IMO) of what she should have told the interviewer if asked about Mr. Sanford and his girlfriend. If they have questions concerning her ex, then those questions are best referred to him.

ameliaf
ameliaf 10/19/10 - 01:15 pm
I stopped reading anything

I stopped reading anything about this after a few weeks. It is just too bizaar!

You will have to forgive me but DO YOU MEAN HE IS STILL GOVERNOR?

There. At least the Georgia Republicans clean house when their top politicians get caught in these affairs. Although, the other woman in the Sanford case is not a lobbyist, trying to influence legislation, so maybe it is not so bad?

Mrs. Sanford is a jewel. Honest, straight forward, as unshakable as day-old grits in watching out for her kids.

BombquishaDavis
BombquishaDavis 10/19/10 - 01:37 pm
LOL Csrareader..she doesn't

LOL Csrareader..she doesn't sound to worried to me!

BombquishaDavis
BombquishaDavis 10/19/10 - 01:38 pm
Nothing wrong with protecting

Nothing wrong with protecting your kids either....

miss.k.
miss.k. 10/19/10 - 01:38 pm
Who cares?

Who cares?

libertarianvoter
libertarianvoter 10/19/10 - 01:46 pm
How does it feel to be lied

How does it feel to be lied to by Governor Sanford? A republican that had a platform about "family values" seemed to forget his.... You were all tricked by a man that knew to focus his campaign on family values to get your votes. You gave them up so easily too. I'm going to start my campaign this week. All I have to do is keep talking about bringing a Christian nation back, bringing prayer back in schools, family values, and marriage btw a man and a woman. I'm as good as elected and I don't have to believe any of the stuff I campaign on.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/19/10 - 01:59 pm
Is Jenny Sanford still seeing

Is Jenny Sanford still seeing her Augusta lover?

InChristLove
InChristLove 10/19/10 - 02:18 pm
libertarianvoter....Although

libertarianvoter....Although Mr. Sanford forgot to keep to his "family values" does not mean he doesn't believe in them. Just means he took his eyes off the goal and has now wondered off the path. It never feels good to be lied or betrayed to and please tell us how we gave them up also? By voting for the man? I'm sure at the time he was elected he sincerely believed in the things he spoke about, and probably still does, but people aren't perfect and everyone makes mistakes. He was wrong and in the process has hurt more than just his family, but his mistake does not deminish the importance of "family values".

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/19/10 - 02:33 pm
It would be kind of funny if

It would be kind of funny if Mark Sanford went on TV and said far as he knew Jenny was still seeing Clay Boardman.

csrareader
csrareader 10/19/10 - 03:07 pm
Riverman - I don't think

Riverman - I don't think Jenny would mind. She's not the one that was sneaking around and using Government resources for personal use.

areps2
areps2 10/19/10 - 03:31 pm
good point riverman1 guess

good point riverman1 guess they just chat over a cup of tea

airbud7
airbud7 10/19/10 - 03:39 pm
libertarianvoter/ Im sure

libertarianvoter/ Im sure your vote went to Brother Bill Clinton with all his "family values" ha ha!!! what a joke he made of the white house!!!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/19/10 - 04:01 pm
Thanks for bringing that back

Thanks for bringing that back up, RM. They deleted my post on the subject.

55 F-100
55 F-100 10/19/10 - 05:01 pm
So What?!? The Sanfords are

So What?!? The Sanfords are divorced. They can "see" whomever they wish.

dwb619
dwb619 10/19/10 - 05:29 pm
I live in South Carolina ,so

I live in South Carolina ,so I can talk about the Sanfords. This is what you get when you elect a carpet-bagger.

follower 10/19/10 - 05:41 pm
Why do we care? Kinda wish I

Why do we care? Kinda wish I had used the last 5 minutes reading this for something worthwhile.