Police called to Sycamore Drive shooting

Monday, Sept. 27, 2010 5:37 PM
Last updated 8:53 PM

Investigators are on the scene of a 4:04 p.m. shooting, according to authorities.

The shooting was reported on the 1400 block of Sycamore Drive.

Richmond County Sheriff’s Sgt. Blaise Dresser said a man has been shot and transported to the hospital. Details on his injuries were not available.

Dresser said the victim had been arguing with the gunman prior to the shooting.

follower 09/27/10 - 06:26 pm
Here we go again.

Here we go again.

countyman
20120
countyman 09/27/10 - 06:38 pm
Unless he was a crip, blood,

Unless he was a crip, blood, gd, vice lord, p stone, or etc. Because there is no neighborhood gang in Oxford Glen apartment complex. The thugs in Augusta aren't on the color thing. It's usually neighborhoods, areas, local gangs vs others.

There are plenty of non gang members who shoot people.

ArmedandLegal
ArmedandLegal 09/27/10 - 06:37 pm
Yawn - another one /shrug

Yawn - another one /shrug

fred1
fred1 09/27/10 - 06:56 pm
Meh

Meh

a different drum 09/27/10 - 06:57 pm
RoadKill – You could be

RoadKill – You could be correct and on the other hand you could be wrong. It seems like every day (just recently) I am reading in the newspaper about someone shot in Richmond County. It could be gang/drug related. It could be random. Put yourself in the place of the victim: Say you are in your frontyard and someone just rides by and shoots you at random. You don’t know who or why – someone you have no connection with just shoot you for no apparent reason. The police are interviewing you trying to find out who did this. In their minds they think – you must know who did this – people don’t just shoot people for no reason. Can you see yourself in pain – in hospital – being told that your statement does not make since? Can you see yourself telling the police not to worry about it? About 30 or more years ago, I had some people run me off the road and shoot at me. I was not hit and I got away. I told my parents about it and they suggested I report it to the police. I went to the police and reported it thinking they might look for this car and get these people off the street before they did shoot and kill someone. I regret reporting it to this day. The police insisted I must know who the people were as people did not just run people off the road and shoot at then, but I assure you – I had no connection with the people that shot at me.

Chillen
Chillen 09/27/10 - 07:01 pm
Every single day something

Every single day something happens in Richmond County. Geeze, I hardly want to go over there anymore.

corgimom
corgimom 09/27/10 - 07:02 pm
"Because there is no

"Because there is no neighborhood gang in Oxford Glen apartment complex."

Countyman said it. So you know it's true. He knows about each and every resident there AND their relatives AND their visitors.

corgimom
corgimom 09/27/10 - 07:02 pm
"RoadKill – You could be

"RoadKill – You could be correct and on the other hand you could be wrong."

Um....

countyman
20120
countyman 09/27/10 - 07:09 pm
Corgimom... What gang is

Corgimom... What gang is located in Oxford Glen ?? Especially considering since you live in Charlotte. There are only a total of 4-5 buildings in the entire complex.

3g
3g 09/27/10 - 07:14 pm
Gotta love the way these

Gotta love the way these posters make assumptions then attack Countyman for his well-informed opinions - this site really attracts the hypocrites of the world ...

Taylor B
Taylor B 09/27/10 - 07:19 pm
I think Corgi and countyman

I think Corgi and countyman need a boxing ring or a hotel room. I can't figure out which would help more, but there is some tension there. Love both of you guys!

countyman
20120
countyman 09/27/10 - 07:28 pm
It never fails on here. A

It never fails on here. A robber was shot 4 days ago in the hip. While trying to rob a liquor store in Martinez with a hammer.

A man shot was shot today in North Augusta, and another was killed three days ago in AC...

The last shooting in RC reported was on September 18th.

a different drum 09/27/10 - 07:23 pm
Instant karma needs to get

Instant karma needs to get some of the people that want to jump on the victim before they know all the facts.

a different drum 09/27/10 - 07:24 pm
The police treat everyone

The police treat everyone like suspects – even the victims.

a different drum 09/27/10 - 07:30 pm
Perhaps this shooting was a

Perhaps this shooting was a hallucination due to prescription drugs?

faithnall
faithnall 09/27/10 - 07:34 pm
Okay first off Ive lived in

Okay first off Ive lived in the area of the shooting for over 20 yrs and my family has lived here since the 60's. The neighborhood is NOT a bad one, yes some things could change but overall its quiet and lots of children ride bikes, walk to school and play outside. This happens all over richmond and columbia county as well as others. To say this is gang related is biased and prejeduce bc no information has been given. The oxford glenn apt are also very well kept and quiet for the most time, I have had no bothers from anyone. All of my neighbors have lived in their homes since the 60's and they havent had any problems. I hope for the victims sake he can recover and we dont have another incident like this.

a different drum 09/27/10 - 07:35 pm
Don’t you think it is time

Don’t you think it is time Richmond County elected a republican sheriff? Columbia county has a republican government and look at the difference!

a different drum 09/27/10 - 07:39 pm
I bet if Richmond and

I bet if Richmond and Coumblia counties could swap sherrifs for a month --- you would see the difference! All the crime would be in Columbia county and you would read about people going to jail in Richmond county!

a different drum 09/27/10 - 07:48 pm
Columbia County has crime,

Columbia County has crime, but far less than Richmond County. I truly believe that if the Columbia County police department was policing Richmond County – they would be far less crime.

pommom38
pommom38 09/27/10 - 07:49 pm
Please back up the figures

Please back up the figures for Aiken County like you do Richmond County. You say one got shot today, ok. One got killed, ok.. How many so far this year in Aiken County?
I love when one is able to quickly jump on an Aiken County incident, and try to compare with Richmond's statistics. It's no good anywhere, but you comparing one massive area to a smaller one, well you know the saying..

a different drum 09/27/10 - 07:50 pm
Wake up Richmond county and

Wake up Richmond county and go to the pole and vote in a Republican Sherrif!

a different drum 09/27/10 - 07:52 pm
Richmond County needs the Tea

Richmond County needs the Tea Party to get involved on the local level.

a different drum 09/27/10 - 07:54 pm
Wake UP Richmond County --

Wake UP Richmond County -- get these demcoracts out of your government -- all of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a different drum 09/27/10 - 07:57 pm
The problems you have in

The problems you have in Richmond County are not about crime -- they are about politics and the people you elect to run your government. Repent and vote republican before it is too late!

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 09/27/10 - 08:02 pm
haha, Neighborhood is not a

haha, Neighborhood is not a bad one.... haha....

a different drum 09/27/10 - 08:02 pm
pommom38 -- do you have a

pommom38 -- do you have a demcorate or republican sherrif in Aiken County????

a different drum 09/27/10 - 08:05 pm
We need to looking at

We need to looking at political parties on a local level too -- not just a notional level.

pommom38
pommom38 09/27/10 - 08:10 pm
Heck if I know Different.. I

Heck if I know Different..
I don't even know who the heck the sheriff is round these parts..

ceegold
ceegold 09/27/10 - 08:13 pm
different drum-for some

different drum-for some reason you equate crime with politics. As columbia county population increases so will the crime rate regardless of what party is in office. Just wondering what do you think tea partiers will bring to the table as for as crime prevention.

Taylor B
Taylor B 09/27/10 - 08:18 pm
Republicans can't help you.

Republicans can't help you. Until we decriminalize nonviolent crime, we get what we have. Pick a Republican that will pull the trigger on that one. There is too much money in crime.

2.1% inflation expected

ATLANTA -- Business executives in the Southeast see inflation a little higher than the Federal Reserve does, according to a survey released Friday.