SC cop loses job after car wash by strippers

MONCKS CORNER, S.C. - A South Carolina police officer has lost his job after pictures of bikini-clad strippers washing his police cruiser showed up on Facebook.

Multiple media outlets reported that Moncks Corner Police Chief Chad Caldwell would not identify the officer.

The pictures were made at a car wash Sunday at a tattoo studio. The studio's Facebook page said the women worked at a North Charleston nightclub.

Caldwell says he thinks the officer took his personal car to the car wash and then returned in his patrol car.

The chief says allowing bikini-clad women to be photographed next to a cruiser is a violation of department policies. He says it looks bad for the town.

PUPPYMOMMA
PUPPYMOMMA 09/22/10 - 01:01 pm
What a prude. The women were

What a prude. The women were wearing bikinis, not nude. Was this a charity car wash? Facebook continues to give employers ammunition.
I think this is a harsh punishment.

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 09/22/10 - 01:16 pm
I can understand the officer

I can understand the officer being given a rebuke because police are public figures with an image to uphold, but firing him over it? That's a bit extreme.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/22/10 - 01:25 pm
I agree that firing the cop

I agree that firing the cop is extreme. But be warned fellow posters, be careful what you put online.

mgr
mgr 09/22/10 - 01:45 pm
That's a little ridiculous.

That's a little ridiculous. Chief must be trying to impress the media.

*The chief says allowing bikini-clad women to be photographed next to a cruiser is a violation of department policies.*

I'm sure that was put in the police manual for Moncks Corner.

wbrinson1
wbrinson1 09/22/10 - 02:02 pm
whats the facebook page?

whats the facebook page?

walrus4ever
walrus4ever 09/22/10 - 02:05 pm
Backward SC hick town knee

Backward SC hick town knee jerk reaction.

Newsreader
Newsreader 09/22/10 - 03:57 pm
I guess "COPS" will never

I guess "COPS" will never film at Moncks Corner. I have seen several bikini clad women and patrol cars on that show.

Indigo
Indigo 09/22/10 - 04:31 pm
Thats actually written

Thats actually written policy? Whats the policy for a cow standing next to a cruiser? What about a fat lady?

Taylor B
Taylor B 09/22/10 - 05:12 pm
I was raised 5 minutes from

I was raised 5 minutes from Moncks Corner. Trust me, there are worse things making that town look bad than this!

airbud7
airbud7 09/22/10 - 05:16 pm
bikini-clad strippers??? Did

bikini-clad strippers??? Did they strip or did they have on bikini/Im confused

Leroy
Leroy 09/22/10 - 05:55 pm
Actually, if you read the

Actually, if you read the story, the tattoo parlor posted the photo, so he had no control over that. Poor decision on his part to go there and allow a photo to be taken on his cruiser, but not enough to warrant firing.

OhWell
OhWell 09/22/10 - 06:08 pm
The chief in this little back

The chief in this little back woods town does not have a computer or facebook. He is made cause he can't see the eye candy.

Rainbow Johnson
Rainbow Johnson 09/22/10 - 06:11 pm
I think the officer should be

I think the officer should be commended for taking it upon himself to get the car cleaned up. I'm sure the bikini clad girls didn't clean the car for free. Perhaps he had the squad car washed by them because they did such a good job on his personal car. Chief is a cad!

Taylor B
Taylor B 09/22/10 - 06:19 pm
Backwoods? This is North

Backwoods? This is North Charleston. Its huge, and fairly "liberal."

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/22/10 - 06:30 pm
Taylor, Dorchester Road boy

Taylor, Dorchester Road boy here.

pommom38
pommom38 09/22/10 - 06:53 pm
Wow.. What are all us

Wow.. What are all us *coasters* doing here?? lol
I moved from Summerville:)
And yea, there are far more worse things that they could focus on then this. I could see reprimanding the cop, give em a few days off, but fired?? Hmm, would love to see a copy of there handbook.

Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 09/22/10 - 07:41 pm
Poor decision but for

Poor decision but for goodness sakes they were in swimsuits. If this was for charity then minimal punishment should be issued since he still violated policies and procedures. However if not for charity, the most punishment should be about a week off without pay. If this was a good officer, then firing is ridiculous. If he was a poor officer, then they were merely looknig for an excuse to send him on his way.

ArmedandLegal
ArmedandLegal 09/22/10 - 08:28 pm
Sounds like a lawsuit to

Sounds like a lawsuit to me.

Unless the policy book says somethign specific about "bikinis"

haha

Lawpig
Lawpig 09/23/10 - 07:49 am
Hehe. As a former resident

Hehe. As a former resident of Charleston I can say that Moncks Corner police have seen a lot worse. I hope they had that car washed afterwards though; never know what they're bringing back from Dorchester Road.

Oh yeah, and N. Charleston isn't backwoods, but Moncks Corner is getting there. Think of Moncks Corner as Charleston's version of Grovetown and North Charleston as Charleston's version of south Augusta, though with better restaurants, a mall, and a cool intown area called Park Circle.

check
check 09/22/10 - 11:33 pm
That's actually written

That's actually written policy? Whats the policy for steps taken for a firing? Grievence process? Lawsuit possibly here...

City salaries rose slightly in 2014

The salaries of Augusta-Richmond County employees remained relatively flat over the past year, but some people got big raises. Average full-time pay increased by 1.4 percent to $38,949.19.