Man sues claiming he found tampon in cereal

Saturday, Sept. 11, 2010 3:32 PM
Last updated 3:33 PM

THOMASTON, Ga. - An Upson County couple is suing a grocery store chain in federal court, claiming that the husband found a used tampon in his bowl of cereal.

According to the complaint, Thomas and Lynn Roddenberry say they bought a box of Chocolate Chip Crunch cereal from the Save-A-Lot store in Thomaston in October 2008. A day after buying the cereal, Thomas Roddenberry says he discovered the tampon in his bowl after taking a bite of the cereal.

The man says he spit out the cereal, immediately became nauseated and went to an emergency room.

The suit was filed on Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Macon. A spokesman for Save-A-Lot declined to comment on the case on Friday, citing pending litigation.

ArmedandLegal
ArmedandLegal 09/11/10 - 03:40 pm
Bloody O's MmmmMmm!

Bloody O's

MmmmMmm!

Sweet son
Sweet son 09/11/10 - 03:53 pm
Call 1800-win-win-1!!!! One

Call 1800-win-win-1!!!! One Call That's all!! I think that I am nauseated and might file a suit over this "non" news story!!!!! It is just attorney bait!!!!

shadypines
shadypines 09/11/10 - 04:05 pm
If there was any way to prove

If there was any way to prove that this... object... wasn't intentionally placed in the cereal by the man, his wife, or a co-conspirator, this would have been settled by now. This is absolutely disgusting, and I can't believe the AC printed this trash. This is the kind of garbage that belongs in supermarket tabloids.

Taylor B
Taylor B 09/11/10 - 04:23 pm
Captain crotch?

Captain crotch?

bree026
bree026 09/11/10 - 04:46 pm
Damn....

Damn....

worldhistory
worldhistory 09/11/10 - 05:12 pm
He noticed after the milk

He noticed after the milk vanished.

storiesihaveread
storiesihaveread 09/11/10 - 05:15 pm
LOL @world history!!

LOL @world history!!

urology
urology 09/11/10 - 05:32 pm
Why is he suing the store?

Why is he suing the store? Why not the maker of the cereal. Unless the box was opened when he bought it(and if it were, why did he buy it), the store has no control over this.

lddist
lddist 09/11/10 - 05:52 pm
Wouldn't the string hanging

Wouldn't the string hanging out of the bowl been suspicious?

trimmy
trimmy 09/11/10 - 05:54 pm
No wonder the cereal was so

No wonder the cereal was so moody.

crackerjack
crackerjack 09/11/10 - 05:54 pm
Yummy, more fiber in your

Yummy, more fiber in your cereal! I think that brand has just beaten Fiber One's 51%

corgimom
corgimom 09/11/10 - 06:17 pm
Very believable. *snort*

Very believable. *snort*

curly123053
curly123053 09/11/10 - 06:28 pm
I hope he turned that thing

I hope he turned that thing in so it could be tested and have DNA extracted from it. Having it checked for DNA could possibly solve this case.

Tots
Tots 09/11/10 - 06:32 pm
Special K protein packed.

Special K protein packed.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 09/11/10 - 07:18 pm
In the year 2008 - - - - - -

In the year 2008 - - - - - -

Taylor B
Taylor B 09/11/10 - 07:18 pm
LOL trimmy!

LOL trimmy!

themaninthemirror
themaninthemirror 09/11/10 - 07:27 pm
This sounds like a frivolous

This sounds like a frivolous lawsuit to me. After this long how will he prove anything. He and the attorney that filed this lawsuit must be financially desperate. Sounds like this one will be headed for the outfield.

airbud7
airbud7 09/11/10 - 07:43 pm
Taylor B (Captain crotch)

Taylor B (Captain crotch) thats funny stuff, Thanks

MadSnapper
MadSnapper 09/11/10 - 08:15 pm
You know it is that time of

You know it is that time of month for these stories!

Taylor B
Taylor B 09/11/10 - 08:37 pm
Airbud, glad to bring a

Airbud, glad to bring a smile!

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/11/10 - 08:58 pm
It's the visual of how it got

It's the visual of how it got there that's funny to me.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/11/10 - 09:31 pm
Liddist said, "Wouldn't the

Liddist said, "Wouldn't the string hanging out of the bowl been suspicious?"

He thought the string was to floss with after he ate.

Patty-P
Patty-P 09/11/10 - 11:41 pm
How do you not notice

How do you not notice something like that in your food and why wait two years to file suit. The economy is bad but this is a bit much.

Taylor B
Taylor B 09/12/10 - 12:21 am
Patty, agreed. I found a

Patty, agreed. I found a razorblade in a pack of babseball cards when I was a kid. Pay me too, Mr. Topps.

Taylor B
Taylor B 09/12/10 - 12:22 am
Patty, agreed. I found a

Zoe
Zoe 09/12/10 - 04:56 am
wonder if it was a slim,

wonder if it was a slim, regular or super absorbent?

this is just bloody ridiculous.

1CowboyFan
1CowboyFan 09/12/10 - 05:34 am
shadypines... I agree with

shadypines... I agree with you.

d1zmljqg
d1zmljqg 09/12/10 - 07:31 am
Could this be another "Mouse

Could this be another "Mouse Soup Extortion Plot" attempted at the Newport News, VA Cracker Barrel a few years ago? Oh, this was a bogus attempt btw.

Haudi Dew
Haudi Dew 09/12/10 - 08:00 am
So let's try to imagine how

So let's try to imagine how things "might" have gone after the breakfast surprise...

A frosted flake calls up the police station and says "Sgt Quisp? I'm branned-off. Someone is playing trix on me!"

Cop: "Just wheaties a sec while I run some chex on the cereal number from the boxtop"

Flake: "I suppose you think I'm some kinda froot loop"

Cop: "Not TOTALly, but you might need to get either a lawyer or a Life"

Flake phones lawyer who says "wow you and your miss Muffets might be my Lucky Charms if only we can Post-date this claim. I'll get back to you Alpha-bit, just as soon as I finish watching this epis-oat of Star Trek"

(cue theme music) ... "to bowl-dly go, where no man has gone before...."

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/12/10 - 08:11 am
Haudi dew...I do like YOU!

Haudi dew...I do like YOU!

Many black colleges struggling

Although Paine has struggled with its own failures over the past several years, HBCUs across the nation are dealing with some of the same troubles that are threatening their missions and existence.