Teen reportedly raped on walk to school

An Augusta teenager told law enforcement Sunday that she was raped along the 3800 block of Old Waynesboro Road about 9:30 a.m. on July 22.

The 17-year-old said she was walking to Cross Creek High School when a black male, armed with a rusty pocket knife, pulled her into a wooded area and raped her.

The teenager said she initially was too embarrassed to
report the crime to authorities and had discarded clothing she was wearing at the time, according to the report.

Brad Owens
Brad Owens 08/16/10 - 03:21 am
Terrible. I hope the lady

Terrible. I hope the lady will be OK.

Hey fed up, there are two sides to every story that is true, but you are out of line to suggest that because there are a few weeks between when this happened and when the lady built up the courage to report it, that it is suspect.

I bet that if it happened the way she said it did, that her story is not suspect at all.

Brad

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 08/16/10 - 04:10 am
Traumatic stuff. I hope she

Traumatic stuff. I hope she recalls enough about her attacker to positively identify him. This guy needs to be removed.

nofrills
nofrills 08/16/10 - 04:56 am
The poor girl got RAPED! Then

The poor girl got RAPED! Then she had to get the courage to report it. It takes great strength to report being raped because we always want to say things like “well if she hadn't dressed or talked the way she did”. I've been in the court room where they tried to get one girl to admit she liked it. We should be out trying to get a better description so we can go get this fool. It could just as easy have been your sister; mother, grandmother and god forbid your daughter

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 08/16/10 - 05:04 am
Isn't it amazing that the

Isn't it amazing that the liberals are the one's to not believe this girl's story?

humbleopinion
humbleopinion 08/16/10 - 05:14 am
Sorry Brad, but you are

Sorry Brad, but you are wrong. There are THREE sides to every story.....Hers, His and the truth.

fatboyhog
fatboyhog 08/16/10 - 05:58 am
I hope that this young lady

I hope that this young lady recovers and I hope that the suspect is caught and prosecuted accordingly. However, the way this story is written, it does sound a little suspect. For starters, why was she headed to school at 9:30? I realize that this doesn't make her deserve to be a victim, and if the story is true, it has no bearing on the fact that some piece of garbage raped her, but it does sound odd.

Brad Owens
Brad Owens 08/16/10 - 06:13 am
I guess you all were never

I guess you all were never late to school? Never tardy?

You all are amzaing in the way you pounce on details like what time in the morning it happened as a reason to question what happened.

I wasn't there so I don't know what happened, but I would take any charge like this serious and do a proper investigation BEFORE I started acting like the lady is making it up.

I just hope no member of my family has this happen to them.

Brad

WAG
WAG 08/16/10 - 06:26 am
Ever wonder why women don't

Ever wonder why women don't tell . I rest my case...

snoopdawg99
snoopdawg99 08/16/10 - 06:33 am
School was in session on July

School was in session on July 22 ?
I thought school just started on Aug 9.

Brad Owens
Brad Owens 08/16/10 - 06:41 am
WAG, I know, RIGHT?

WAG,

I know, RIGHT?

ripjones
ripjones 08/16/10 - 06:51 am
I hope she is okay, as well.

I hope she is okay, as well. But, remember, always save the clothes. Probably the easiest way to find DNA evidence. Remember, Monica did. Find him and put him in jail, lest he finds out what rape feels like.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/16/10 - 06:52 am
The story says she was

The story says she was walking to Cross Creek High School. It does not say that she was going to attend class. A lot of kids mill around school buildings in the summer. It's just something to do and a place to rendezvous with your friends. In her case, one of those friends just might have gotten a little too friendly.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/16/10 - 06:57 am
Brad Owens wrote: . . . and

Brad Owens wrote:

. . . and do a proper investigation BEFORE I started acting like the lady is making it up.

There is not much to go on based on the news article.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/16/10 - 07:05 am
Ain't it just great when you

Ain't it just great when you destroy morality and your actions are acceptable. Looked at the actions of Clinton, no big deal right?

If he can do it, so can't I.

Liberals just love this new way of life.

chascush
chascush 08/16/10 - 07:31 am
thyroxin, ‘dont knock sex

thyroxin, ‘dont knock sex perhaps if some of you oldies had some you would be less EVIL’
We have plenty of sex. We are getting screwed every day by the Hussein administration. By the way if you younger folks would get a job instead of free loading you wouldn't have so much time to post.

cparker
cparker 08/16/10 - 07:42 am
What is wrong with some of

What is wrong with some of you? Now we have to politicize a young woman being raped?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/16/10 - 07:56 am
chascush, That was a good

chascush, That was a good one, way to go. BING - BANG.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/16/10 - 08:01 am
It is the Mindset of

It is the Mindset of Liberals, if it is there, take it.

"IF" repeat "IF" this young lady was forcibly raped, I truly feel for her.

poohbear1964
poohbear1964 08/16/10 - 08:17 am
during the week in question,

during the week in question, Band Camp had started for all the area high schools. So they weren't just hanging around. I surely hope that this girl recovers from this bad situation and people stop making assumptions before they get the facts.

slwbbear
slwbbear 08/16/10 - 08:20 am
God forbid if this would

God forbid if this would happen to any one your family members. Let us not forget that rape is a crime. It doesn't matter how she was dressed or how she looked. This young lady may not only have been embarrassed but also traumatized because of what happened to her.

Brad Owens
Brad Owens 08/16/10 - 08:37 am
cparker, I agree 100% Brad

cparker,

I agree 100%

Brad

Taylor B
Taylor B 08/16/10 - 08:50 am
I live in the neighborhood

I live in the neighborhood bordering Cross creek and use the school's tennis courts and football field (shooting model rockets with my boys) and always see kids around, even people on 4 wheelers sometimes. Its still a pretty safe area, but things like this have me wondering...

dani
dani 08/16/10 - 09:20 am
Did she continue on to

Did she continue on to school? When did she discard the clothing...just wondering.

newsjunkie10
newsjunkie10 08/16/10 - 09:45 am
Rape is always

Rape is always forcible.......whether it be verbal, mental, or physical. Many young girls will not disclose that they have been raped because they were not "beaten up". Those who are coerced mentally or verbally usually are ashamed to tell because they feel like it is their fault. Rape is never the victim's fault. If we could dispell this cultural myth, we would see a lot more victims come forth and a lot more perps held accountable.

flipa
flipa 08/16/10 - 10:05 am
Less than 10% of all rapes

chascush
chascush 08/16/10 - 02:34 pm
flipa, ‘Less than 10% of all

flipa, ‘Less than 10% of all rapes are even reported. The attitude of liberals you just eye witnessed... is why.’
You correct but the liberals think she should be given an abortion without hers parents knowledge.

NewHere
NewHere 08/16/10 - 03:45 pm
Some of you are sick...I hope

Some of you are sick...I hope that nobody around your families have to experiense being rape.

trimmy
trimmy 08/17/10 - 02:52 pm
Rape is wrong but the

Rape is wrong but the permissive society we live in will only get worse. Sex is promoted in every aspect of our lives. Girls and boys are reaching puberty at a very early age. So when this happens, don't be too surprised. And when rapists are caught their is no sufficient punishment. We are reaping what we have sown.(no religion intended, just a fact)

LADEE DUNSTON
LADEE DUNSTON 08/17/10 - 07:58 pm
i kinda dont belive this

i kinda dont belive this story why would u hide the evidence how are they going to know who comitted the crime???? hmmmmmmmm???

LADEE DUNSTON