Seattle man charged with killing girlfriend in SC

COLUMBIA — Authorities have charged a 30-year-old Seattle man with stabbing his girlfriend to death while the two were visiting his mother in South Carolina.

Multiple media outlets report Wednesday that Mauricio Weber faces murder and weapon possession charges in the death of 21-year-old Patrice Jones.

Anderson County Coroner Greg Shore says the couple began arguing about 6 p.m. Tuesday, and he stabbed her multiple times with a kitchen knife about two hours later. She died at the Anderson apartment.

His mother, Astrid Weber, told WYFF-TV through sobs that her son beat Jones in the head and stabbed her in the throat. She said her son had been drinking when the fighting started, and she heard Jones scream for help.

She said the couple arrived Sunday from Seattle.

fontana
fontana 08/11/10 - 10:26 am
Welcome to S.C.

Welcome to S.C.

baronvonreich
baronvonreich 08/11/10 - 10:45 am
nag, nag, nag, stab.

nag, nag, nag, stab.

Dixieman
Dixieman 08/11/10 - 11:40 am

Dixieman
Dixieman 08/11/10 - 11:40 am
"Mauricio"? His mother

"Mauricio"? His mother should not be quoted as she is not a credible witness to anything, having given him that name!

momster59
momster59 08/11/10 - 11:54 am
This is not something to be

This is not something to be made light of. Unfortunately, over 1,000 women and 400 men are killed each year from domestic violence, much of it perpetrated while the abuser is intoxicated. This does not include the permanent physical and psychological damage done to the abused and their children. My heart goes out to the woman's family and especially to Weber's mother. She is in no way defending her son's actions and is obviously overwrought with grief at seeing the murder of this young woman. I have gotten over injury done to myself and my children, but I don't think I could handle witnessing one of my sons committing such a heinous crime.

Dixieman
Dixieman 08/11/10 - 12:07 pm
momster59 -Lighten up. This

momster59 -Lighten up. This is America; nothing is off limits, even posts in execrably poor taste like mine.

montega12
montega12 08/11/10 - 12:11 pm
never seen anyone wanta fight

never seen anyone wanta fight after smoking a joint...but yet lets keep that monster illegal but hey lets go get us a half gallon of liquor and let the fun begin

momster59
momster59 08/11/10 - 12:15 pm
by the way dixie - Mauricio

by the way dixie - Mauricio is an Italian name.

Dixieman
Dixieman 08/11/10 - 12:28 pm
Sure, like "Astrid".

Sure, like "Astrid".

Ushouldnthave
Ushouldnthave 08/11/10 - 12:45 pm
I'm with montega. We

I'm with montega. We desperately need to make alcohol illegal.

mattmesa
mattmesa 08/11/10 - 01:47 pm
If you read this "news"

If you read this "news" website for any length of time you'll quickly learn to ignore Dixieman; he simply trolls the stories posting idiotic comments. He is a walking arguement for putting an end to anonymity on forums like this.

Dixieman
Dixieman 08/11/10 - 10:15 pm
mattmesa - You've got my

mattmesa - You've got my number and are absolutely right about me! I'm just like a giant, engorged tick on the body politic, making fun in a forum where everything should be serious, dull, insipid and deadly boring drones. All my posts are worthless and wrong, including this one. I strongly recommend that no one read them, ever.
"Now, go away or I shall taunt you a second time!"

flipa
flipa 08/12/10 - 10:11 am
If we didn't laugh we'd just

If we didn't laugh we'd just all cry... Jimmy Buffet.

Many black colleges struggling

Although Paine has struggled with its own failures over the past several years, HBCUs across the nation are dealing with some of the same troubles that are threatening their missions and existence.