Georgia Outdoor Services equipment, tools stolen

Sunday, Aug 8, 2010 5:16 PM
Last updated 11:40 PM

Some $40,250 in equipment and tools were reported stolen Saturday from Georgia Outdoor Services on Belair Road, according to an incident report.

Greg Poteet told Richmond County deputies he'd secured an enclosed trailer with a lock and behind a locked gate when he left work Friday, only to find the utility trailer and its contents missing when he returned around 10 a.m. Saturday.

Items in the trailer included a tractor valued at $16,000, a trencher, a harley rake, three backpack blowers and several chainsaws.

There were no signs of forced entry, according to the report.

charliemanson
charliemanson 08/08/10 - 05:57 pm
Utility shed break-ins must

Utility shed break-ins must be the new trend, now.

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 08/08/10 - 08:16 pm
I so hope one day each one of

I so hope one day each one of these thieves run into the armed property owners sick of these losers and get the justice they truly deserve!!!! We all know our bleeding heart justice system won't ever punish them appropriately!!!

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 08/08/10 - 08:18 pm
Too bad they can't put alarm

Too bad they can't put alarm system on them that when armed and the locks are forced open they fry the little B#$^#*&^. That'll slow down that trend real fast!!! haha

themaninthemirror
themaninthemirror 08/08/10 - 08:43 pm
Someone stole my vehicle,

Someone stole my vehicle, which was a 15 year old Ford Taurus, off the side of the interstate between mile marker 175 and 172 East bound on June 30. I had done some work to the car to get it back running since the vehicle I used to own was reposessed last year due to me losing my job and having to choose between housing and transportation. What someone would want with a 1995 Ford Taurus I have no earthly idea. I had replaced the fuel pump two days earlier and the car broke down aqain on my way home from a job interview. When I went back to retrieve the vehicle, it was gone. I checked all area law enforcement, and no one had towed it. I checked all area junk yards and recycling centers and no one has seen it. I did file a stolen vehicle report.
What I did learn is that area recycling centers do not require any proof of ownership of a vehicle any one brings in. The perpetrator can get typically any where from $100-150 per vehicle brought in. All the recycling companies do is make out what they call a "bill of sale", and request the drivers license of the individual bringing in the car, they record the VIN of the vehicle along with the personal information of the person bringing in the car. They are not required to file this information with any government office. In fact one recycling center I visited did not even keep computerized information. They wanted to take my information and pointed to a stack of receipts that must have been six inches high and said they would have to go through all those and would call me if they found anything. There should be a law that regulates these recycling centers, as anyone could show up with an old vehicle in tow, running or not, and "sell" it to the recycling center, since they do not have to have proof of ownership, it is easy money. Since recycling centers do not require proof of ownership, they should be required by law to turn over all records of any vehicle they purchase to local law enforcement. If these punkheads were dealt with severely, and held to some form of accountability for their actions, you would see some of this criminal activity cease.

augusta citizen
augusta citizen 10/19/12 - 04:05 pm

crackertroy
crackertroy 08/08/10 - 11:16 pm
The thieves and the recycling

The thieves and the recycling centers are likely thick as thieves.

sapp706
sapp706 08/09/10 - 10:31 am
suck it up and move on!!! as

suck it up and move on!!! as long as the world spins, there will always be crimes!!! it's in the bible

flipa
flipa 08/10/10 - 12:00 pm
May I suggest one of my

May I suggest one of my favorite tricks. Put a zoomback tracking device in anything that has a lot of stuff in it or is of great value. I have an EXTREMELY rair truck and if someone steals it or one of my other collector cars they are going to be in for a B.I.G. surprise when a deputy & I come walking right up on them and catch them RED HANDED. This device starts at only $99. then there is a reasonable monthly subscription fee. I use it to track all kinds of folks but when its not being used there I store it on my most valuable things, I.E Jet ski’s in the summer, rare cars in the winter or whatever i think is in the most danger of being stolen at the time.

“You can use the web or
your cell phone to find
the device's real
time location”.

chiqagolil
chiqagolil 01/05/11 - 03:49 am
Metals and tools, tractors

Metals and tools, tractors etc. sounds like someone is making a WEAPONS' ARSENAL. Over here, they are stealing trailers. I guess they need barracks. Sometimes, people forget that many of our new citizens worked in weapons factories. Others worked in AUTOMOBILE FACTORIES. Pleanty of them worked in BUILDING AND CONSTRUCTION. Soon, they will be working at Nuclear installations. Their predecessors undereducated and under skilled the locals so that the new hirees can ease in without much conflict. Sorry, that's what it looks like to me!!!

Outlet mall plans cancelled

Ben Carter Enterprises has decided not to pursue a fashion outlet mall at the Village at Riverwatch development.