Obama coming to Ga. Monday

Friday, July 30, 2010 2:48 PM
Last updated 4:24 PM

ATLANTA — Gov. Sonny Perdue will greet President Barack Obama planeside when the Democrat arrives in Georgia on Monday.

Obama will be in Atlanta to address a convention of disabled American veterans and to headline a Democratic National Committee fundraiser.

Perdue spokesman Bert Brantley told The Associated Press on Friday the Republican governor had to juggle things around on his schedule to be able to greet the president.

Brantley said that "even if you disagree with his policies, we think it's important to respect the office of the president and welcome him to Georgia."

Meanwhile, Roy Barnes, the Democratic nominee for governor, won't be anywhere in sight. Barnes will be in south Georgia campaigning. His campaign manager said that by the time they learned of Obama's trip, Barnes' schedule was already locked in.

Chillen
Chillen 07/30/10 - 02:55 pm
Well just roll out the red

Well just roll out the red carpet. Barnes better keep his distance, might be an election killer for him.

omnomnom
omnomnom 07/30/10 - 02:55 pm
Oh noes. Now some will get

Oh noes. Now some will get confused and try to write in Perdue!

chipshirley
chipshirley 07/30/10 - 03:06 pm
"even if you disagree with

"even if you disagree with his policies, we think its important to respect the office of the president and welcome him to Georgia."
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Christmas Batman! I wish someone would show the quote above to Paul broun and Jody Hice!

They think the way to move Georgia forward is to start a revolution against Prez OB.

Jody Hice...

His evil billboard is a giant infected wart on the face of Georgia.

His website is a vulgar americanization of hateful nationalism.

I don't like having to do the hard investigational work it took to get
the piece on Paul Broun, but I feel obligated and I would like to
formally announce that I have some secret footage on Jody Hice that
will be released soon....! But then again, it will be hard to make him look sillier than his own website!

walrus4ever
walrus4ever 07/30/10 - 03:13 pm
Maybe he can meet with the

southernguy08
southernguy08 07/30/10 - 03:31 pm
Well, isn't that special! How

Well, isn't that special! How many thousands will the state have to shell out just so this loser can do some fundraising for his buddy, Roy Barnes? Just for the record, I sure never saw such "respect for the office" by CHIP when Bush was president.

bettyboop
bettyboop 07/31/10 - 11:08 am
Please...please...someone let

Please...please...someone let this idiot know just how much we hate his destruction of our Country.

confederate american
confederate american 07/30/10 - 03:49 pm
onlyinag its time to jump on

onlyinag its time to jump on the greyhound and go tell your IDIOT PRESIDENT about the bad people down here in the confederate south.

KingJames
KingJames 07/30/10 - 03:49 pm
Hate is a very strong word,

Hate is a very strong word, Bettyboop. Please don't let it consume you. I'm sure you're a much better person than that.

Southern_Patriot
Southern_Patriot 07/30/10 - 03:50 pm
Atlanta's a good place for o

Atlanta's a good place for o he'll fit right in with the parasites

alycias
alycias 07/30/10 - 03:55 pm
I fully agree with BettyBoop

I fully agree with BettyBoop and Southern_Patriot! And anyone who voted for that idiot is just as much an idiot as he is! And as far as respecting him just because he is "president", I have more respect for the black water bugs that crawl around on the ground!

southernguy08
southernguy08 07/30/10 - 03:55 pm
BETTYBOOP, I don't hate

BETTYBOOP, I don't hate Obama. In the words of Mister T, "I pity the fool!"

bettyboop
bettyboop 07/30/10 - 04:07 pm
You know KingJames there was

You know KingJames there was a time when I would have tried to understand some of this wannabes policies...but it is now clear to me that the only objective in barry's agenda is to destroy our country....so yes..please let all who would see him gone...please show up and protest his policies.

Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 07/30/10 - 04:07 pm
I totally agree with Governor

I totally agree with Governor Perdue. He is our govenor and of course should welcome our President. Simply because we greatly disagree with President Obama's policies and politics is no reason to be rude to him or fail to give him the respect he deserves as our President. And, just because someone failed to give respect to a former President is absolutely no reason to continue that process. If we are going to take our country forward, we must at the very least be civil and have open dialogue. I certainly do not like MOST of this administrations policies to include those of Pelosi, Reid, Frank, etc. but that does not mean that we don't need to work with them or that our elected leaders should not give the appropriate respect to the offices they hold.

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 07/30/10 - 04:13 pm
I don't hate him; I loathe

I don't hate him; I loathe him and find him disgusting and beneath contempt, just like I would any other narcissistic traitor.

Nevertheless, I would be polite and respectful to him, even while telling him the unvarnished truth, simply and only because he holds the office he does, and that office I respect.

KingJames
KingJames 07/30/10 - 04:23 pm
Bettyboop, thank you for

Bettyboop, thank you for expressing yourself. I knew you could do better than saying you hate someone simply because you disagree with them. Asitis, very well stated. I disagree with President Obama on a few things, too, but some people are just crazy (Fiat). Should something happen to Obama while in Georgia, don't you all know your words will be investigated and you will be suspects? Besides that, though, I hope you all ascribe to a belief that Obama is the President and should be respected because he represents you to the rest of the world. As bad as many people felt about Bush, there were many who were upset when Hugo Chavez of Venezuela called him the devil. They felt that people from other countries could not talk about our President like that. (That was a task that was strictly American).

KingJames
KingJames 07/30/10 - 04:29 pm
Little Lamb and RCV, those

Little Lamb and RCV, those statements are ignorant. I don't know which Obama you are referring to, but President Obama was born in Hawaii.

bettyboop
bettyboop 07/30/10 - 04:46 pm
"Maybe he can meet with the

"Maybe he can meet with the Laney faculty at Sea Pines for a report on how they spent his gift(our gift) to them. They can hold a wine tasting and maybe have some cracked crab flown in."...thank you Walrus... the throwing away of 1 million dollars of mine and your money is like spitting in the faces of the people of Georgia.....you do not reward failing schools with more money you morons.

onecatfish
onecatfish 07/30/10 - 04:46 pm
When Obama won the Presidency

When Obama won the Presidency with the help of the LEFTIST Media, Hollywood And Entertainment Liberals, Ethnic Socialists (ACORN), Stupid Non-Business Professionals and Bush Haters, I wrote: It won't take six months until the People figure this guy out and realize how horrible a mistake they've made. And when they come to that realization, the damage to the United States of America will be so great it will take a generation or more to repair - IF EVER.

The IDIOTS who not only voted for the Messiah, but also worked [hard] to promote his Lordship, are now left holding the bag.

Here are two things they will NEVER do: They will NEVER admit to making a blunder out of all proportion by electing a snake-oil salesman with no positive social history or management experience of any kind. They will NEVER take responsibility for the curse they've imposed upon the immediate and long-term future of their country.

In essence, the people responsible for putting this horror show in power are themselves responsible for every cataclysmic decision he makes and the consequences thereof.

In just six months, the Messiah's polls are showing the following: 1. On Healthcare Reform - He's going under for the third time with polling well Under 50 percent, even within his own Party. Even though he might be able to Muscle a Healthcare Reform Bill by using Chicago BULLY tactics against his Fellow Democrats, it will just make things worse. 2. On Cap and Trade (Cap and Tax) - The Fat-Lady is already singing. 3. On the Stimulus Package (Tax and Spend) - His popularity is in FREE-FALL. 4. On the TARP package he took and ran with from President Bush - It's all but Good-Night Irene. 5. On the closing of GITMO and "HIS" war on what he no longer wants called the War On Terrorism - He's standing in quicksand with his head just about to go under. 6. On a Comparison between himself and George W. Bush at the same six months into their respective first term Presidencies - Bush is ahead of him in the Polls. 7. On a comparison between He Who Walks On Water and the 12 preceding Presidents between WW II and now - Obama ranks 10th. 8. On a poll just conducted, that asks who would you vote for today between Obama and Mitt Romney - It's a dead heat. Between Obama and Palin - Obama's ONLY ahead by 8 points and she hasn't even begun to campaign. It seems to me that Obama wants to be everywhere where he shouldn't be.

He's personally invested in 'totally insulting' America 's ONLY REAL Middle Eastern ally ( Israel ) in favor of Palestinian Despots and Murderers. He's traveling the world apologizing for the USA while lecturing others on how to do it right, when in fact and truth he has no experience at doing anything other than getting elected.

He went to the Muslim world in Egypt to declare that America IS NOT A CHRISTIAN NATION while he heaped praises on Islam, where he compared the "plight" of the Palestinians to the Holocaust.

The Russians think he's a putz, The French think he's rude.

The Germans want him to stop spending.

The Indians want him to mix his nose out of their environmental business.

The North Koreans think he's a joke, The Iranians won't acknowledge his calls.

And the British can't even come up with a comprehensive opinion of him.

As for the Chinese, he's too frightened to even glance their way. [After all, China now owns a large portion of the United States .]

Maybe if America's first Emperor would stay home more, travel less, and work a little bit instead of being on television just about everyday or stop running to "papered" Town Hall Meetings, perhaps he would have a little bit of time to do the work of the nation.

In all fairness, it wasn't HARD to be RIGHT in my prediction concerning Obama's presidency, even in its first six months, so I'm going to make yet another prediction:

OBAMA WILL PROBABLY NOT FINISH HIS 4-YEAR TERM, at least not in a conventional way.

He is such a political HORROR SHOW, and so detrimental to the USA and his Own Democratic Party, that the Democrats themselves will either FORCE him to resign or figure out a way to have him thrown out.

Who knows, maybe he really isn't a BORN US Citizen and that's a way the Democrats will be able to get rid of him. [He is a citizen, but not a naturalized citizen with both mother and father being US citizens.]

Or - MORE LIKELY THAN NOT, the Democrats will make Obama THEIR OWN LAME DUCK PRESIDENT.

I don't believe the Democrats have nearly as much love for their country as they do for their own political fortunes. And with Obama, their fortunes are rapidly becoming toast.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/30/10 - 05:02 pm
BB and Fiat, your my

BB and Fiat, your my ladies!

Respect of the office, yes.

If you get ice cream in an ice cream cone and you find out the ice cream is rotten, you throw out the ice cream and respectfully eat the cone.

Advice, don't try and debate with rug followers of the King SMCICBHO. It is the same thing as trying to break down a brick wall with your head.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/30/10 - 05:07 pm
onecatfish. I really love

onecatfish. I really love someone who can speak without PC. Go man Go.

Boogaloo
Boogaloo 07/30/10 - 06:13 pm
I think the real reason he is

I think the real reason he is coming is because he can't get any good fried pork rinds in DC.

Dixieman
Dixieman 07/30/10 - 06:45 pm
Interesting that Roy Barnes

Interesting that Roy Barnes is treating him like he is radioactive, while Karen Handel is partying with Sarah Palin!!

OnlyinAgs2
OnlyinAgs2 07/30/10 - 07:37 pm
Maybe he might go by Mrs.

Maybe he might go by Mrs. Sherrods house and tour south ga while he's here. Hats off to Sonny, now I guess you Obama Derangement Syndromers are going to be mad at Sonny now.

sgachief
sgachief 07/30/10 - 08:18 pm
looks like a lot of my kind

looks like a lot of my kind of people on here, also, yes i respect the office but i sure do not respect the illegal holding it currently. and this just proves to me that perdue is a RINO!!

chascush
chascush 07/30/10 - 08:25 pm
OlyinAgs, 'now I guess you

OlyinAgs, 'now I guess you Obama Derangement Syndromers are going to be mad at Sonny now.'
Why would we get mad at Sonny he is just another DUMocrats that you folks look up too.

Richmnd Cty Votr
Richmnd Cty Votr 07/30/10 - 08:26 pm
America Needs a President

America Needs a President like this concerning IMMIGRANTS.
President Nicolas Sarkozy said Friday that he wants to revoke the French citizenship of immigrants who put the lives of police officers in danger as part of a "national war" on delinquency

"French nationality should be earned. One must know how to be worthy of it," the president said. French nationality should be revoked "from any person of foreign origin who voluntarily threatens the life of a police officer" or other public authority, he said.

"There are rules that are valid for all French ... You are French or you are not French."

J.W.
J.W. 07/30/10 - 08:29 pm
I hope he's bringing my

I hope he's bringing my "obama" money! I'm running a little low.

OnlyinAgs2
OnlyinAgs2 07/30/10 - 08:52 pm
Maybe Sonny's been brain

Maybe Sonny's been brain washed by the black community.

corgimom
corgimom 07/30/10 - 08:59 pm
Don't count your reelection

Don't count your reelection chickens before they are hatched. If he can get California, Texas, and New York, he stands a good chance of reelection. And that is why he will fight against immigration laws until the cows (or in Georgia's case, chickens) come home.

Nightwing
Nightwing 07/30/10 - 09:06 pm
It is all political show.

It is all political show. While more are out of work he is promoting more government handouts to see America through these hard times. Should be making it easier for small business to get loans so they can grow and hire more peoople, stimuilate the economy and working class he claims he is so proud of.