N. Augusta man posted her nude photos, Athens woman says

Tells police he didn't have permission to put her nude photos on Facebook

Monday, July 26, 2010 5:54 AM
Last updated 5:56 AM

ATHENS, Ga. -- A 19-year-old Athens woman filed charges against a 21-year-old man from North Augusta, S.C., after he posted nude pictures of her on Facebook about 11 p.m. Saturday, according to an Athens-Clarke police report.

The two met at Augusta State University and had been dating since January, police said. After an argument earlier that evening, the suspect called the victim more than 20 times and sent text messages, saying "Ansa the phne B4 I put these on facebook" and "U were warned," police said.

The woman told police even though she sent the man the photos, he did not have her permission to post them on the Internet. She filed charges against him for eavesdropping and making harassing phone calls, according to the report.

crackerjack
crackerjack 07/26/10 - 06:10 am
Where is the ASU

Where is the ASU intelligence? duh According to what the photos looked like, he could get arrested for littering.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff 07/26/10 - 06:27 am
Lesson 1 -- Don't do things

Lesson 1 -- Don't do things you wouldn't want your mother to know about (like posing for nude photos).
Lesson 2 - If you do something stupid (like posing for nude photos), don't make your "accomplices" angry with you.

overaugusta
overaugusta 07/26/10 - 07:40 am
is it the southern way to

is it the southern way to always blame the victim? who hasn't done something sexy for their significant other? obviously not you boring conservatives around here.
hope she moves fwd with the charges. that guy is lame.

rmajor
rmajor 07/26/10 - 07:45 am
Didn't think about maybe

Didn't think about maybe something "not-so-agreeable" could happen when you take nude photos and give them to someone else? Well, life is a learning experience isn't it? Let's hope that there was some learning.....geez!

scoobynews
scoobynews 07/26/10 - 08:02 am
I don't consider anyone a

I don't consider anyone a "victim" when they are smart enough to be in college and over age 18 that does something this stupid. Women are photographed looking sexy everyday on the covers of numerous magazines (not playboy or hustler either) with their clothes ON. Sexy pictures with you clothed is one thing to give to a guy your just dating but NUDE save that for your future hubby. So if you give nude photos to a guy you are dating for only 7 months what on earth do you give him after a year a full blown sex tape lol?

galaxygrl
galaxygrl 07/26/10 - 08:20 am
Shouldn't let boys take nude

Shouldn't let boys take nude picture of you and he sounds like an abuser to me. He needs some help, I think he fits under mental and emotional abuse.

twj92
twj92 07/26/10 - 08:21 am
watch what you send he was

watch what you send he was wrong, but she should have had common sense.

stillamazed
stillamazed 07/26/10 - 08:26 am
Overaugusta, I really don't

Overaugusta, I really don't think conservative or liberal has anything to do with this story. The moral is: you never know who you can trust so keep your nude photos in your own hands and you will not have to end up with them posted on Face book for the world to see.

montega12
montega12 07/26/10 - 08:45 am
if you take a look at myspace

if you take a look at myspace facebook and numerous other social sites i dont see what this woman is complaining about thousands of girls women and the like post thousands of photos on their sites in various stages of undress...this doesnt warrant a second glance its the way of the world these days

disssman
disssman 07/26/10 - 09:00 am
When you send a person a

When you send a person a picture, they own the picture. I like Historybuffs first lesson.

corgimom
corgimom 07/26/10 - 09:02 am
As always, scoobynews is 100%

As always, scoobynews is 100% correct.

Too bad her parents didn't teach her about morals and common sense.

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 07/26/10 - 09:02 am
She's NOT a victim for the

She's NOT a victim for the pictures.... perhaps for harassment.

missaugusta07
missaugusta07 07/26/10 - 09:40 am
never send your booty

never send your booty pictures to anybody...see how it backfires think young people,now they will hunt you FOREVER...BOOTY PICS...LOL!OOOOOH!JUST NASTY,HAVE SOME CLASS FOR YOURSELF THEN YOU WANT TO PRESS CHARGES AGAINST HIM.GEE WHIZ HONEY!YOU TOOK THE PICS C'MON NOW.YOU SENT THE PIC HE NOW OWNS IT DARLING..YOUNG AND DUMB!CAN WE SAY PARIS HILTON,KIM KARDASHIAN..ETC!DUUUUH!

butler123
butler123 07/26/10 - 11:26 am
I thought that young men and

I thought that young men and women were being warned about this stuff in high school. A lot of potential employers look up everything they can find about a potential employee.

Arkarizer
Arkarizer 07/26/10 - 11:30 am
I hope she took the photo's

I hope she took the photo's herself. If he took them then she doesn't own the rights to the pictures at all. If her exbf took the photos I feel bad for her because he did a very scumbag thing by posting intimate pictures of his ex online. Even if she still owned the rights the only thing she can get him on is using her copyrighted content without permission, and harassment(hard to prove). Unfortunately I doubt she even has publishing rights on the photos leaving her with no case at all. She willingly acted in the photos with no written agreement that you could not share those photos(I assume she didn't). I am a digital artist and photographer my models seem to think they own the rights to the pictures I take but are mistaken. Believe it or not, if you hire a professional photographer to photograph your wedding, you do not own the rights to the pictures. You need the photographers permission if you want to duplicate or publish the photos.

flipa
flipa 07/26/10 - 01:43 pm
Sounds like extortion. If she

Sounds like extortion. If she didn't call he was going to do so & so. That's extortion.

lsmith
lsmith 07/26/10 - 01:49 pm
Whats his facebook name?

Whats his facebook name?

csrareader
csrareader 07/26/10 - 02:02 pm
I agree that it's not very

I agree that it's not very smart to send such photos to anyone, but it's not illegal. What may be illegal is for someone to use the threat of publishing the photos in a public forum. I'm certainly not a legal expert, but it appears to me that the fellow has some explaining to do to law enforcment authorities.

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 07/26/10 - 02:09 pm
Flipa has it nailed. I hope

Flipa has it nailed. I hope she ruins his life for doing this.

redapples
redapples 07/26/10 - 02:56 pm
If she was dumb enough to

If she was dumb enough to send him the "gift" of pics then he has every right to do what he wishes with them. Too bad she lacked common sense and morality and now should have to pay the price. C'mon women! Instead of being whiney and complaining take responsibility for your own future! Ugh!

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 07/26/10 - 03:48 pm
overaugusta? When you said

overaugusta? When you said "who hasn't done something sexy for their significant other?", does that include sending someone naked pictures of yourself over a cellphone or the internet? Can't you see how that can be easily turned around to cause YOU great harm and embarassment? We all know that, just because you're in a loving relationship when you sent the pictures, doesn't mean it'll always be that way. Along with the technology that makes these sort of "mature" things fun, is also the technology that can make these sort of "mature" things a living hell! And you know what? As far as your comment about "the southern way"...yes, I'd much rather we still lived in a "southern hospitable" time when men and women respected each other and respected themselves. Then you wouldn't have crud like this taking place. As far as I'm concerned, even though I feel sorry for the young lady and her bad decision, it's her own fault. She made the bad choice to have the pictures taken and sent, and she picked the creep! Oh, yeah...he certainly deserves to be punished also.

scoobynews
scoobynews 07/26/10 - 05:32 pm
Thanks Corgi ! It was sad

Thanks Corgi ! It was sad that she had to have the lesson in life at such a young age but you get what you give out. Meaning if you give out trash then expect to be trashed back. Maybe she will stick to classic clothed poses from here on out.

Search of alleged dealer's home found drugs, firearms