Sarah Palin to visit Georgia

DULUTH, Ga.  - Former Republican Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin is paying a visit to Georgia tonight to help raise money for a ministry serving those with special needs.

Palin will be the headliner at a fundraiser tonight hosted by the Gwinnett County ministry Zachariah's Way. The event - billed as nonpolitical - will benefit the group's program helping churches serve disabled and special needs parishioners.

Palin, the former governor of Alaska who was John McCain's running mate in 2008, has a young son with Down's Syndrome.

She is a sought-after speaker and is considered a possible GOP candidate for president in 2012. Still, ticket sales have been somewhat sluggish for her appearance here. On Monday, tickets to the event had been marked down to half price.

omnomnom
omnomnom 06/29/10 - 06:55 am
billed as non political..

billed as non political.. faith-based "welfare".. HALF PRICE'd tickets!? Oh lawsy, even the republicans are tightening their purse strings!

disssman
disssman 06/29/10 - 07:07 am
And at only $75 a ticket a

And at only $75 a ticket a real deal for the working person. I wonder if she is going to have the kid on stage, again? Just proves that if you want to make a pile of money, set up a non-profit to serve the needs of "special needs", what ever that means, children. Works every time.

veggie-d
veggie-d 06/29/10 - 07:20 am
ha! for $75 she'd better be

ha! for $75 she'd better be passin' round one of those fat blunts she's admitted to smokin'!

chascush
chascush 06/29/10 - 07:44 am
I can understand why Augusta

I can understand why Augusta is in such bad shape with the people making these comments living there. It is a non-profit for children with special needs. Palin is not getting paid.

curly123053
curly123053 06/29/10 - 08:10 am
I first saw something about

I first saw something about this 2 days ago from an online story. It stated that Sarah Palin was DONATING her time to that ministry in Gwinnett County. So the last post was correct, she is not getting paid.

stewartist
stewartist 06/29/10 - 08:12 am
Palin isn't getting paid for

Palin isn't getting paid for her appearance, she's the real deal people!!...and I bet she gives her speech WITHOUT a tele-promptor!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/29/10 - 08:47 am
I live within 5 miles of the

I live within 5 miles of the Gwinnett Arena where the event will take place...tickets will be sold for this & the proceeds are supposed to go to P U R E Ministry Project.....David Ragan a nascar driver will also speak....this was advertised in the last week with tickets costing from $25 to $75 ...I don't think the turnout has been that great soo just maybe those tickets are a little cheaper today. No, I won't be there....I see enough on tv day in & day out.

jiclemens
jiclemens 06/29/10 - 09:11 am
Boy I hope she gets the

Boy I hope she gets the Republican nomination. It would guarantee Obama back in the house.

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 06/29/10 - 09:27 am
What a bunch of bull.. Palin

What a bunch of bull.. Palin doesn't donate time. She gave up on public service to fill her pockets. Her private jet trips, additional rooms at the luxury hotels prove that. As for this being a non-profit benefit... that's a load of you know what. They will do anything they can to get people to come in and donate money- but I'm sure it will be turned around to back local RepublicanT agendas.

willie7
willie7 06/29/10 - 10:44 am
Palin is a joke!

Palin is a joke!

Chillen
Chillen 06/29/10 - 11:15 am
The immaturity of some

The immaturity of some posters is unreal. No wonder Barack Obama won the election. 5 year olds voted for him.

baronvonreich
baronvonreich 06/29/10 - 12:35 pm
What exactly is Palin "the

What exactly is Palin "the real deal" of stewartist?

ozarkalien
ozarkalien 06/29/10 - 12:38 pm
I'm glad she is giving her

I'm glad she is giving her time to help these children for only tax credits to help off set her other paid venues. I'm sure she is getting 1st class flights hotel rooms etc. The main issue to me is children get some support. I would give $75.00 just not to have to listen to her. I have rocks in the yard that are smarter then her. Let's just hope it does something worth while for the kids.

justthefacts
justthefacts 06/29/10 - 01:06 pm
They say no good

They say no good deed..........
Some people are really, really small.

scoopdedoop64
scoopdedoop64 06/30/10 - 08:32 am
Sarah has put up with more

Sarah has put up with more garbage than anyone should have to just because she has common sense goals and the left is scared to death of her.

bdittle
bdittle 06/29/10 - 02:09 pm
stewartist, after Palin was

stewartist, after Palin was caught writing crib notes on her hand, it is difficult to make teleprompter jokes. Palin is a half-term ex-governor of Alaska with a slew of ethical questions in her political wake, however, if she uses her fame to help children, more power to her.

dashiel
dashiel 06/29/10 - 02:32 pm
Palin's standard contract is

Palin's standard contract is online. Google for it. If there's a quarter left over after they eat all her perks maybe the kids can call someone who cares. This woman is a shameless grifter.

scoopdedoop64
scoopdedoop64 06/30/10 - 08:32 am
I liked Palin's comment about

I liked Palin's comment about the writing on her hand, she called it a "poor man's teleprompter". The attack on Palin is similiar to attack the left did on Dan Quale. The only difference is Palin doesn't sit back and take it. She shows herself to be a woman with the ability to bring people together and make a difference. Look at how many she has already helped win with her endorsement. Say what you want the facts don't lie.

justthefacts
justthefacts 06/29/10 - 05:21 pm
Fear? Envy?, Whatever, she

Fear? Envy?, Whatever, she sure makes the libs say silly things. Drives them crazy.

Fatality highlights golf cart safety

Erin Hutchison, whose mother has driven a golf cart for a decade, described the vehicles as “relaxing,” but the recent death of a young girl in Aiken has raised awareness of the danger they ...