North Augusta convenience store robbed

NORTH AUGUSTA -- Two men -- one armed with a shotgun -- robbed the Circle K at 226 Georgia Ave., late Monday night.

According to an police incident report, the holdup happened at 11:06 p.m.

The bandits were last seen running south toward the Movie Place store.

A witness saw a  small blue car leaving the alley at Best Friends Daycare after the incident, police said. Aiken County Sheriff's Department also reported looking for a blue car linked to an armed robbery in Beech Island.

Dixieman
Dixieman 05/18/10 - 10:52 am
Stealing diapers, as in the

Stealing diapers, as in the movie Raising Arizona?

pommom38
pommom38 05/18/10 - 10:59 am
How nice Dixie, you make

How nice Dixie, you make jokes about serious crime?
If you have been reading the news lately, N Aug is just being pounded in the crime department. Homes broken into, carjackings, robbing stores repeatedly. I see nothing amusing about this.
My faith is lost in the police department at this point, all this occuring and not one person caught! Guess catching criminals comes second to issuing tickets and license checks.
And I dare have the nerve to wonder why criminals keep repeating their crimes. Hmm, cause they won't get caught??

dwb619
dwb619 05/18/10 - 11:23 am
Time to get your CWP.

Time to get your CWP.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 05/18/10 - 11:25 am
Just when I thought it was

Just when I thought it was safe to visit a North Augusta employee/relative after 11:00 while he is at work, I read this. I'm glad I didn't go there last night like I was planning to.

pommom38
pommom38 05/18/10 - 11:29 am
Don't let that deter you

Don't let that deter you Autumn! Then they WIN..
Anymore, you can't go shopping w/o the risk of being attacked or robbed. It's insane!

RAWR
RAWR 05/18/10 - 11:50 am
All it would take is a couple

All it would take is a couple of these scumbags to take a dirtnap to deter some of them. I bet thousands of locals carry their guns. But most of them aren't out and about at the times these incidents take place.

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 05/18/10 - 12:21 pm
lol Dixieman

lol Dixieman

sojourner
sojourner 05/18/10 - 01:42 pm
Crime was bound to catch up

Crime was bound to catch up sooner or later when the NAPD is more concerned with writing speeding tickets...

Officers tell of trauma from taking life

Although every experience is different, officers who take a life often experience severe bouts of depression, alcoholism, marital problems, sleepless nights and feelings of being alone in the ...