North Augusta thieves sought

Friday, May 14, 2010 11:57 AM
Last updated 3:11 PM

NORTH AUGUSTA -- Officers continue to investigate two burglaries that occurred within about an hour of each other this morning on the 100 block of Winburn Street and the 1700 block of Plank Road.

In both incidents, someone kicked in the front doors of the residences, stole a flat screen television and then fled the scene, according to Lt. Tim Pearson, spokesman for the North Augusta Department of Public Safety.

An individual who lived at the residence on Plank Road was in the home at the time of the burglary and hid inside a closet to avoid the burglar or burglars, Lt. Pearson said.

Authorities had previously taken three people into custody who ran from the area after they were approached by officers. The three individuals were released after police determined that they were not involved in the burglaries, Lt. Pearson said.

Anyone with information is asked to call the North Augusta Department of Public Safety at (803) 279-2121.

Ushouldnthave
Ushouldnthave 05/14/10 - 11:19 am
Shouldn't it be "3 burglary

Shouldn't it be "3 burglary suspects captured"? Gotta love spell check.

ArmedandLegal
ArmedandLegal 05/14/10 - 11:21 am
Come on, it could be an

Come on, it could be an intern or something...

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 05/14/10 - 11:30 am

Thank you Ushouldnthave, It's fixed.

pommom38
pommom38 05/14/10 - 12:52 pm
Please correct the entire

Please correct the entire article. It was my home broke into on Winburn, tv also stolen, door kicked in (thank god I was not home at that moment). And thankfully they did not harm our animals.. That was my FIRST concern.
The woman who thankfully is OK and hid in the closet, her home was on Plank Street. She was the second victim.
Thank god they were caught!! Thank you NAUG police for your not giving up stance!!!
Now, I just pray they call me and find my tv.

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 05/14/10 - 02:47 pm
Pommom, as I read it no

Pommom, as I read it no suspects have been arrested, only 3 detained and released. Do you have some updated information? BTW, I'm also glad that no peeps or pets were harmed during the home invasion. Little N. Augusta is becoming an increasingly dangerous burg.

pommom38
pommom38 05/14/10 - 04:09 pm
No rolling, unfortunately I

No rolling, unfortunately I know nothing as of yet. My reference to the thanks to the police, was because the article at the time of my comment stated they had 3 suspects in custody.
They are suppose to call if/when they find them or the missing items.
I am going with people in the near neighborhood. They had to have known the area well, and timed it well. To hit both houses the way they did, in such a short time frame, they knew what they were doing..

corgimom
corgimom 05/16/10 - 02:06 pm
Our K kids tell everyone in

Our K kids tell everyone in the class whether or not they have a flat screen tv.

If there are kids living in, or visiting those two burglarized houses, then you have the answer right there. It's been discussed with other kids.

It's a "status symbol" right now.