Did Ga. postal worker steal identities?

ATLANTA - A postal worker and another suspect are facing federal indictments after being accused of stealing people's identities.

The U.S. Attorney's office says Opeoluwa Adigun and Gabriel Onyekaba were indicted Wednesday on charges of conspiracy and identity theft. Adigun, who's from Nigeria, was also charged with immigration, Social Security, and passport fraud.

Adigun is accused of using a fake name to get a job as a mail carrier in Hiram, a small town northwest of metro Atlanta.

Authorities say she then started stealing personal information from more than 80 people along her mail route and, along with Onyekaba, used that information to open bank accounts and get loans and credit cards.

Authorities say the pair also created two fake businesses.

55 F-100
55 F-100 05/13/10 - 07:49 am
Punish these maggots with

Punish these maggots with maximum penalties, and do not allow them to post a bond, because they will be in the wind, and will never be found.

bettyboop
bettyboop 05/13/10 - 08:16 am
Wow...I would think that the

Wow...I would think that the Post Office could do a better job on back ground checks....illegals at it again.........Go Arizona!!!!

treerock
treerock 05/13/10 - 08:20 am
i know that guy, he sent me

i know that guy, he sent me an email stating that he was a prince and needed to transfer $6 million to my bank account, but needed $500 upfront for processing fees. man, i cannot wait to get that free money!

treerock
treerock 05/13/10 - 08:22 am
edited

edited

lsmith
lsmith 05/13/10 - 09:09 am
Did anyone pay any attention

Did anyone pay any attention the names of these bozos? Just makes the Arizona law look even better.
Just read where Las Angeles is boycotting Arizong. I have a suggeston, how about us boycotting Las Angeles.

Chillen
Chillen 05/13/10 - 09:17 am
Poster Children for

Poster Children for enforcement of illegal immigration.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/13/10 - 09:19 am
This puts a blemish on the

This puts a blemish on the many good postal workers...what a shame.. Punish these misfits to the max....See why we need Arizona laws, when will we learn, some folks don't need to be here..& I don't care what color or country they come from.imo

God save America
God save America 05/13/10 - 09:34 am
when i went to work at the

when i went to work at the post office in the sixtys i was checked out by secret service officers . they would go and talk to your neighbor's and they talked to the people you used as reference's . it was like getting a security cleance in the military. i hate to hear that a person might get a job with the post office and not being checked out

AAQueen
AAQueen 05/13/10 - 09:47 am
Where's my mail!!!

Where's my mail!!!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 05/13/10 - 10:18 am
Those postal workers were

Those postal workers were only doing the jobs that “Americans won't do,” according to former president Bush.

bettyboop
bettyboop 05/13/10 - 10:47 am
LOL..little lamb and they

LOL..little lamb and they will continue to do so under the watch of the barry the illegals amigo ......and the beat goes on....

RoadKing09
RoadKing09 05/13/10 - 11:35 am
Little Lamb...... I think it

Little Lamb...... I think it was the then President Fox of Mexico.

Dixieman
Dixieman 05/13/10 - 11:55 am
Dear Comment Posters, I am

Dear Comment Posters,
I am attorney Mkoko Mbongo of Lagos, Nigeria and have been entrusted with the solemn task of finding, through the postal service of your great country, a partner to assist in the claiming of certain discretionary government funds to the extent of Eighteen Millions of Dollars ($18,000,000.00) if you will simply provide me with your Social Security Number, bank details, and...

Chillen
Chillen 05/13/10 - 12:50 pm
This seems an appropriate

This seems an appropriate place to post a link to this web site.

For years this guy has been making fun of Nigerian scammers. On this site he has detailed his conversations with them as well as pictures of them holding up signs that he asks them to send him. Very funny stuff!

Read the whole first account with Albert Fred. I laughed for 5 minutes.

butler123
butler123 05/13/10 - 01:00 pm
It makes me sick that people

It makes me sick that people like that are getting these good paying government jobs in the first place.

baronvonreich
baronvonreich 05/13/10 - 01:30 pm
They were the right

They were the right "qualities" to be hired by the Post Office.

emily47us
emily47us 05/13/10 - 01:44 pm
I agree, butler--I've heard

I agree, butler--I've heard people say that it is terribly hard to get a job with the postal service, and yet these illegals waltz in and snatch up these high paying government jobs when our own citizens are struggling to find employment anywhere. And using a fake name .... amazing how sorry our federal government is now. AMAZING!!!@@W#

dollmaker
dollmaker 05/14/10 - 06:49 am
Unfortunately, this just

Unfortunately, this just emphasizes the fact that our country is being overrun by the liberals and "politically correct" left wingers who believe in using preferential treatment in giving these jobs to people such as this. I worked for the postal service for over twenty years and watched as the kind of employees hired slowly devolved into increasingly substandard employees as more and more minorites were given preferential treament and standards of hiring were lowered in order for people of this ilk were allowed to get the jobs--all in the name of "affirmative action"--it has happened much more often than the public is truly aware of. Most of the time the employees are offered a chance to resign fully in lieu of criminal prosecution so the public never finds out how often this happens. It is time this practice of affirmative action is stopped and hire people who are truly the most capable of doing the job--stop relaxing hiring standards and background checks and you won't end up with people who are criminally minded and not only do not protect your mail and personal information but who actually are looking at this employment opportunity to EXPLOIT the position they are so easily handed.

Group demands hearing on commissioner appointment

City leaders appeared to warm to a request Monday by the West Augusta Alliance to hold one or more public hearings before appointing an interim District 7 commissioner to serve until Donnie ...