Hephzibah woman wins lottery again

Friday, April 23, 2010 9:42 AM
Last updated 9:44 AM

A Hephzibah woman has again cashed in on a Georgia Lottery prize, lottery officials announced today.

Barbara Williams, 68, won a $105,531 jackpot prize from matching all five winning numbers in the April 19 Fantasy 5 drawing, according to a news release. Last year she won a $500,000 top prize playing the instant game Diamonds & Gold.

"I'm shocked," Williams, a retiree, told lottery officials. "From her first win, the great-grandmother said she gave her five adult children $25,000 each and bought a new car for her husband, Richard. Williams plans to give more money to her children with her latest win.

"That's what it's all about: leaving something for the family," she said, according to the lottery news release.

Winning numbers from the April 19 Fantasy 5 drawing were: 5-8-12-31-36. First Stop Tobacco Road, 2762 Tobacco Road in Hephzibah, sold the winning Quik Pik ticket and her previous $500,000 prize, the news release said.

stillamazed
stillamazed 04/23/10 - 09:04 am
Congrats.......

Congrats.......

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 04/23/10 - 09:42 am
Congratulations. I wonder

Congratulations. I wonder though, does anyone ever win with anything other than a Quik Pik #?

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/23/10 - 09:48 am
Just shows there are other

Just shows there are other things you can do on Tobacco Rd. besides growing cotton.

RogueKnight
RogueKnight 04/23/10 - 10:08 am
Daaaaaang. I wonder if Mrs.

Daaaaaang. I wonder if Mrs. Williams needs a pool boy?

themaninthemirror
themaninthemirror 04/23/10 - 10:15 am
Her latest winnings now put

Her latest winnings now put her in the category of having to pay estate taxes at her death. Her children better advise her to save some of that money or else go out and spend it all.

Imapeopleperson
Imapeopleperson 04/23/10 - 10:21 am
5 X 25,000 = 125,000 and a

5 X 25,000 = 125,000 and a new car. Just could'nt help it, But some people get all the luck, congrats again.

pommom38
pommom38 04/23/10 - 10:25 am
Congrats to her, but it's not

Congrats to her, but it's not like she won millions. Enough to share some financial aid to her family, and when all is said and done, tax's are gonna eat them up!
Increases bring relief, and they bring ache.. lol

KingJames
KingJames 04/23/10 - 11:24 am
Pommom, I don't play the

Pommom, I don't play the lottery, but I hate to hear people talk about high taxes eating people up when they win a lot of money. The simple fact is that they will still have more left after "the tax man cometh" than they did before Mrs. Williams won the money. I don't think I would complain too much about missing something I never had in the first place. However, she should consult a financial planner so her family can try to avoid paying high taxes on their inheritance after her death.

Cadence
Cadence 04/23/10 - 11:26 am
I'm jealous. I admit it. But

I'm jealous. I admit it. But congrats all the same.

sassygirl12
sassygirl12 04/23/10 - 06:05 pm
good for her.. but as crazy

good for her.. but as crazy as people are around here i dont think i would be advertising my name.

JohnQPublic
JohnQPublic 04/23/10 - 08:03 pm
Federal and state taxes are

Federal and state taxes are taken out before winners get a check.

Lincoln County deputies injured breaking up fight

Two Lincoln County deputies were treated at an Augusta Hospital after being injured breaking up a fight at a party at an American Legion building in Lincolnton.