Two charged after naked man found shot this morning

Friday, March 19, 2010 9:58 AM
Last updated 8:08 PM

A man and woman have been arrested on a variety of charges after the shooting of a man found naked this morning on Central Avenue.

Back | Next
Dusty Hudson, 31, of the 1700 block of Central Avenue, in custody charged with aggravated assault, possession of a firearm during commission of a crime and false imprisionment.
  Special
Special

According to a statement released this afternoon by Richmond County Sheriff's Investigator Sgt. Blaise Dresser, Robert Dunn, 48, of the 2000 block of Fernwood Circle, and Dusty Hudson, 31, of the 1700 block of Central Avenue, are in custody. They are each charged with aggravated assault, possession of a firearm during commission of a crime and false imprisonment.

Dresser said police are not releasing the name of the gunshot victim, identified as only a naked black man, found about 6 a.m. today in the 1700 block of Central Avenue near Merry Street. Police said this morning he was in critical condition.

Earlier today, authorities said the shooting followed an earlier incident at an apartment complex at 1712 Central Ave.

Sheriff's Lt. Calvin Chew said the incident is related to a call police received about a rape victim at the Medical College of Georgia Hospital.

stillamazed
stillamazed 03/19/10 - 10:14 am
A naked man, another man and

A naked man, another man and a woman involved. don't know but it sounds like someone may have been caught with someone elses woman. No reason to take a mans life, especially since it takes two to tango. Just another senseless crime in the AUG.

worldhistory
worldhistory 03/19/10 - 10:31 am
My thoughts exactly.

My thoughts exactly.

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 03/19/10 - 10:36 am
Is it appropriate/legal for

Is it appropriate/legal for the Augusta Chronicle to release a story with the specific address/apartment number of an alleged sexual assault victim? I believe that violates the comments policy for us mere mortals. The professional news services in town have been reporting it as the "1700 block of Central Ave". I think this is a gross violation of privacy that needs to be corrected.

MadSnapper
MadSnapper 03/19/10 - 10:44 am
I don't read anything in this

I don't read anything in this story that says sexual assault. At 6 a.m. he merely could have been asleep naked.

only4years
only4years 03/19/10 - 11:06 am
or maybe he didn't want to

or maybe he didn't want to pay

RogueKnight
RogueKnight 03/19/10 - 11:31 am
Petey, I'm thinking this

Petey, I'm thinking this isn't a sexual assault story. Sounds like a man was caught with another man's woman. Regardless, I don't think it's appropriate to print the exact location, in either instance. Also, the man was shot in the back. As if running away naked in the wee hours of the morning wasn't humiliating enough...

jg41160
jg41160 03/19/10 - 11:33 am
As usual AC left out some of

As usual AC left out some of the story. Per other news outlets, the woman is an"alledged" sexual assault victimand her boyfriend is under arrest for the shooting. As Petey questioned. Why would AC report the address.

happychimer
happychimer 03/19/10 - 11:44 am
WRDW is reporting it as an

WRDW is reporting it as an alleged sexual assault. So AC has stooped to its lowest by reporting the exact address of the victim. Why am I surprised?

happychimer
happychimer 03/19/10 - 11:57 am
I was told by someone that it

I was told by someone that it is not against the law to report a sexual assault victim's address, but is not usually done by the media. Still, I think it is disgusting, rude, and very low to report the address.

lieutenantkitten
lieutenantkitten 03/19/10 - 12:44 pm
The story thus far as I am

The story thus far as I am gathering it...
Man comes home to find his significant other being sexually assaulted by another, so man shoots the assailant in the head. This causing him to run from the scene only to be found later at the intersection of Central Avenue and Merry Street around 6 a.m. naked. Am I correct?

Emerydan
Emerydan 03/19/10 - 12:49 pm
Sexual assault victim my

Sexual assault victim my patootey! More like the alleged "victim" didn't know her boyfriend was coming home early from the late night shift.

themaninthemirror
themaninthemirror 03/19/10 - 12:47 pm
Who cares if the address is

Who cares if the address is reported or not. It is obvious that a little hankypanky was going on here.

Dixieman
Dixieman 03/19/10 - 02:07 pm
He was not naked, he was

He was not naked, he was nekkid, which = naked + away from home + looking for trouble.

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 03/19/10 - 03:28 pm
#1 It is reported he was shot

#1 It is reported he was shot in the back, not the head.

#2 Perhaps the AC reporter didn't know about the assault allegation when the story was being written and posted, therefore adding the address of the "domestic dispute" makes perfect sense.

happychimer
happychimer 03/19/10 - 04:19 pm
Well, the address is still

Well, the address is still there, and AC has had plenty of time to remove it.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/19/10 - 04:43 pm
Petey brings up a good point.

Petey brings up a good point. When those who are well known for whatever reason...wealth, business notoriety and advertizing or media prominence are involved in crimes or domestic violence why are not all the facts made known immediately?

marvincates
marvincates 03/19/10 - 05:25 pm
Some people get warned about

Some people get warned about "hateful" remarks then the AC reports this story as if making fun of the incident. What if the shootee was a rapist and the shooter was defending his assaulted female friend? Could happen.

One shot, one in custody. That's two for justice and zero for the bad guys.

happychimer
happychimer 03/19/10 - 06:41 pm
It looks like it was not a

It looks like it was not a sexual assault.

corgimom
corgimom 03/19/10 - 06:46 pm
The police are hoping that

The police are hoping that witnesses will come forward.

Lisa the alaskan
Lisa the alaskan 03/19/10 - 08:29 pm
Sounds to me like those are

Sounds to me like those are the address' of the people in custody- not the victims- which sounds like a perfectly good idea to post (know your neighborhood)

corgimom
corgimom 03/19/10 - 08:51 pm
They'd better hope that he

They'd better hope that he lives, otherwise they'll be charged with murder.

robaroo
robaroo 03/19/10 - 09:03 pm
I don't have any personal

I don't have any personal experience with this, but I've heard:
If a woman comes home and finds another woman in bed with her man, she shoots the hussy who's taking her man. If a man comes home and finds his woman in bed with another man, he shoots his woman. Either way, it's the woman who gets it.

This case is the opposite - it's the other man who gets it.

Grimzine
Grimzine 03/19/10 - 10:17 pm
Wow, Dusty used to be such a

Wow, Dusty used to be such a sweet girl. She was my high school prom date. I hate to see people get caught up in situations that can easily ruin their lives.

KittyW923
KittyW923 03/19/10 - 10:19 pm
Butch Palmer we could use

Butch Palmer we could use your expertise over here 1700 block of Central Ave. & Holden St. ASAP. Tried to get a neighborhood watch started and get on some Landlords that rent to anyone for the money only for over a year but 2 or 3 of us our too few to get it going. This street hadn't been bad till Landlords started rent to crackheads and such.

cleanup
cleanup 03/20/10 - 07:30 am
Actually, no. Butch, please

Actually, no. Butch, please stay in Harrisburg with your homies. If Butch moves in, my property value will go down. I think these three are Harrisburg escapees.

isaidit
isaidit 03/20/10 - 10:18 am
Folks, I think it would be

Folks, I think it would be wise to withhold judgement on this one till all the evidence has been investigated. Kinda hints of a set up that went bad for all involved. Why was Dusty arrested? Wasn't she the assaulted?? I smell a curve ball coming. Stay tuned, we may be in for a surprise twist when all is said and done. Sorry about your Prom date fella!