Teen arrested in robbery on Broad Street

Sunday, Feb. 28, 2010 4:42 PM
Last updated 9:20 PM

An Augusta teenager was arrested and charged in connection with an armed robbery in the 300 block of Broad Street this morning.
Richmond County jail records say that Uriah Sterling, 17, of the 2300 block of Canberra Court, was charged with armed robbery and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime.
Investigator William Leisey said that at about 10 a.m. the teenager approached a 22-year-old woman, displayed a firearm and demanded the keys to her vehicle. After he drove away, the woman notified the sheriff's office, and deputies located the vehicle at the River Glen Apartments with the teenager inside. No one was injured.

baronvonreich
baronvonreich 02/28/10 - 04:46 pm
And people are concerned

And people are concerned about parades and parking meters on Broad St.....

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/28/10 - 04:56 pm
"No one was injured." Gee, I

"No one was injured." Gee, I quess RCSO is not issuing any ammo to it's deputies.

speedy6492
speedy6492 02/28/10 - 05:45 pm
With all your respect Mr.

With all your respect Mr. CobaltGeorge. You said RCSO doesn't issued its Deputies any ammo. You keep thinking that!

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 02/28/10 - 06:09 pm
Whenever anyone I know is

Whenever anyone I know is missing a car, I check out Barton Village ASAP.

Petey Aitchess
Petey Aitchess 02/28/10 - 06:14 pm
The fire lane behind McCauley

The fire lane behind McCauley St in Cherry Tree Crossing is even a more likely spot to look.

humbleopinion
humbleopinion 02/28/10 - 07:41 pm
Too bad the victim actually

Too bad the victim actually WAS a victim and wasn't armed. A well placed .357 on (or through) the CRIMINAL would have ended his criminal career quickly and efficiently.

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 02/28/10 - 08:04 pm
I wonder if Mr Sterling's

I wonder if Mr Sterling's middle name is Heap. If it is, I may remember him.

glassrinkmaker
glassrinkmaker 02/28/10 - 09:08 pm
HUMBLE--THAT IS WHAT IS GOING

HUMBLE--THAT IS WHAT IS GOING TO TAKE!

glassrinkmaker
glassrinkmaker 02/28/10 - 09:09 pm
Time to start stacking them

Time to start stacking them up like cordwood!

dichotomy
dichotomy 02/28/10 - 09:46 pm
I am always amazed at how

I am always amazed at how stupid they are. Oh well. One way or another I am sure we will end up feeding, clothing, and housing Mr. Sterling for most of his adult life unless we are lucky enough to have someone put his lights out permanently.

WW1949
WW1949 02/28/10 - 11:14 pm
speedy, you must not be able

speedy, you must not be able to recognize sarcasim. That was a backhanded comment as to why the deputy did not shoot the car thief.

Romney won't run

WASHINGTON - After a three-week flirtation with another run for president, Mitt Romney said definitively on Friday that he will not seek the White House in 2016.