North Augusta traffic stop yields arrests

AIKEN - A traffic stop led to the arrest of three armed robbery suspects Thursday, yielding the seizure of a firearm, cash and more than 3 ounces of marijuana.

North Augusta Department of Public Safety charged Exzavian Myers, 20, of Graniteville, with armed robbery possession of marijuana with the intent to distribute, possession of a firearm with mutilated serial numbers and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime, Lt. Tim Pearson said in a news release. Stewart Bibbs, 19, of North Augusta was charged with armed robbery, disregarding a stop sign and expired vehicle license. Hampton Bradley, 21, of Graniteville was charged with armed robbery.

Around 4:20 p.m., a North Augusta Department of Public Safety officer stopped a vehicle for disregarding a stop sign at the intersection of Jackson and West Avenues, Lt. Pearson said.  Soon after, a victim approached the officer claiming that the men in the vehicle had just robbed him. The victim told police that Myers approached him with a handgun and demanded money at Ridgeview Manor Apartments in the 400 block of Bradleyville Road, according to the report. All three fled in a maroon Chevrolet Malibu.

After hearing the victim's story, the officer searched the vehicle and discovered a pistol in the floorboard of the passenger seat next to Myers' feet, according to the incident report. Myers also had the magazine to the pistol in his pockets. The officer also found the cell phone, bank card and $350 that belonged to the victim. More than 85 grams of marijuana was also found on Myers.

All three suspects are being held at the Aiken County Detention Center without bond.

jack
jack 02/05/10 - 10:34 am
Good job!

Good job!

pommom38
pommom38 02/05/10 - 11:14 am
Ah, so that would explain why

Ah, so that would explain why you cops felt it necessary to FLY down a small residential street. I guess your explanation (after you hit a child or someone's car) would have been, sorry, but someone's life was in danger.

veritas14
veritas14 02/05/10 - 11:31 am
Some will complain no matter

Some will complain no matter the outcome. Something tells me if Pommom was the victim of this robbery, the cops would not have been there fast enough. Hypothetical you could have...or you might have..are irrelevent. As Granny used to say " If if's and buts were candy and nuts, it would be Christmas all year long"

deekster
deekster 02/05/10 - 11:39 am
Is this the Detroit Daily

Is this the Detroit Daily Sentinel?

pommom38
pommom38 02/05/10 - 11:44 am
Get the facts Ver. The car

Get the facts Ver.
The car was already stopped, victim already helped. It is typical for the N.Aug dept to send a million cars to one spot. That does not excuse the flying down these streets, especially when bus's are still dropping off kids in the area.

veritas14
veritas14 02/05/10 - 11:51 am
I have yet to see other than

I have yet to see other than a single police officer in an NAPD vehicle. Three armed criminals, one cop. Back-up seems a logical course of action. But perhaps you have an expensive vehicle to be concerned about.

dwb619
dwb619 02/05/10 - 12:09 pm
NAPD is long over-due for

NAPD is long over-due for fatal traffic accident. You have to have seen their driving habits to appreciate what the person is trying to say. They do not compare with any of the other police departments in this area.

Dixieman
Dixieman 02/05/10 - 12:10 pm
"Exzavian"?

"Exzavian"?

pommom38
pommom38 02/05/10 - 01:35 pm
Ty DWB. I am sick at the

Ty DWB. I am sick at the amount of police cars at a traffic stop, the blatant disregard for other's lives the way they drive to a scene.
They can fly and be at a traffic stop within seconds, but when people are laying in the middle of the road dying, it takes them 20 minutes and only ONE car shows. WTH?
Odd that just yesterday, they proved my point.
5 cop cars lined the street, had one vehicle with one man inside pulled over. Had em cuffed, talking to em, and afterwards, let the man go. Yep, it took 5 cops to talk to one guy. And we wonder why it takes them so dang long to get other places. WHATEVER

Newsreader
Newsreader 02/05/10 - 01:36 pm
NAPS will stop someone for

NAPS will stop someone for doing 37 in a 35. And yes they gang up when there is a "good stop". They have little respect for anyone, except maybe their bosses and city council. They think they must protect, but they forget the serve part. I can remember being stopped and three officers standing around me. Each one would ask a question and then the next one would ask for the same information, just word his question different. I guess they thought it would trip me up. Finally told them to either get out of my way or lock me up. They then wanted "permission" to search my vehicle; I told them the only person that would give them permission to search my vehicle was a judge. I left and they followed me to the State Line. I still am not sure why I was even stopped. But then I was a rowdy twenty something, and a leadfoot. No Arrest, No Ticket, No Warning, No Explanation, just stupidity on both sides of that traffic stop. I did learn to not step out of the vehicle when they stop you. It only makes them mad and gives them suspicion. And also puts you a disadvantage of the NAPS being able to “surround” you like the dogs they are. Never turn your back on them.

crackerjack
crackerjack 02/05/10 - 02:46 pm
Pom, you need to move to

Pom, you need to move to South Augusta, and you would appreciate NAPS.

gnumbgnuts
gnumbgnuts 02/05/10 - 03:44 pm
Newsreader, Obey the law and

Newsreader, Obey the law and you won't be surrounded by "dogs". You sound like a transplant from Stinksville, Ga.

Christmas Eve rains to dry up

If Wednesday seemed particularly wet and dreary, you would be right. The day broke the record for the wettest Christmas Eve that Augusta has ever had.