Man charged with meth lab near Butler High

Narcotics investigators arrested and charged a man today with operating a meth lab less than 1000 feet away from Butler High School .

According to Richmond County jail records, Jackie Lee Nimmons, 32, was charged with manufacturing methamphetamines, trafficking methamphetamines, possession of marijuana and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime.

Investigators took the man into custody this afternoon at his residence in the 2500 block of Elderberry Drive, off Lumpkin Road, Richmond County Sheriff's Investigator William Leisey said.

eachoneteachone
eachoneteachone 02/04/10 - 11:10 pm
Are they going to tear down

Are they going to tear down the contaminated house?

CarlosC
CarlosC 02/04/10 - 11:26 pm
I thought meth labs were only

I thought meth labs were only in Columbia County according to many of the posters on here.

cajunnana2000
cajunnana2000 02/05/10 - 01:08 am
I'm also shocked about the

I'm also shocked about the AREA, I usually associated meth labs in trailer parks. Not to mention other things I associated with them. Maybe with more info I will become more educated.

justus4
justus4 02/05/10 - 03:48 am
No pic, no long list of

No pic, no long list of unrelated charges, no mention of a charge of drug use near a school zone, no mention of the 100 ft or 1000 ft charge of selling dope within a school zone, and most importantly, review what the "narcotics officer" said and what the actual charges are: This can only mean ONE thing and U know what it is...

bankgirl
bankgirl 02/05/10 - 09:46 am
What justus4.. You think he's

What justus4.. You think he's white.. I don't know too many white people that live in that area anymore unless they are 60 and older and this guy was a little too young for that crowd..

Tots
Tots 02/05/10 - 12:09 pm
Finally.......

Finally.......

Wow2010
Wow2010 02/05/10 - 03:31 pm
Way to go MOM!!! At your

Way to go MOM!!! At your house? You don't smell it or see the people coming or going???? What about...take a look at your SON....he was crying for help and all you did was LOOK THE OTHER WAY....SHAME ON YOU. Now you must live with helping to put your son behind bars...I'm praying for you. NO, we are not responsible for what they do as an adult..BUT IN YOUR HOME...IN YOUR BACK YARD!! I know this man and his family very, very, very well and I tell you this....the mother always overlooked his "drug problem" and the shed...less than a couple of feet from the home. I wonder does the Grandmother still live in front of them???? Thank you Lord for keeping the neighbors safe, how DANGEROUS!!! Lord please PLEASE help this family....praying for all of you. By the way...Ken Nimmons may not be able to help this time :(

fishman960
fishman960 02/06/10 - 12:27 am
I know the person arrested.

I know the person arrested. He was a good teenager. Damn peer pressure. I lived down the street from him. Came from a good family and couldn't ask for a better buddy. When you find a goldmine in something, it's hard to turn your back to it. If you are a kid and someone tells you that you can make multitudes of money.... well what are you going to do?

KNECKBONE
KNECKBONE 02/06/10 - 12:37 am
IF SOMEONE TOLD ME I COULD

IF SOMEONE TOLD ME I COULD MAKE TONS OF MONEY SELLING DRUGS I'D SAY -I'D RATHER BE ON WELFARE AND NOT SELLING STUFF THAT CAN KILL PEOPLE.

fishman960
fishman960 02/06/10 - 12:41 am
Kneckbone, please.

Kneckbone, please.

fishman960
fishman960 02/06/10 - 12:46 am
It has been around for

It has been around for awhile. Heck,look at Don Henley's song 'smugglers blues'. Easy money is easy money. Just because you have principle's doesn't mean everybody has principle's.

Georgia Regents' hospital plan chosen