Aiken child dies after choking on screw

AIKEN – A 4-year-old girl died Monday night after choking on a metal screw while playing in her bedroom.

Macy Lane Steele was playing alone in her bedroom when she some how ingested the metal object, said Aiken County Coroner Tim Carlton.

She ran into the family area of her home, and her parents tried to dislodge the screw. Aiken County Emergency Medical Services transported her to Aiken Regional Medical Center where she later died.


Savannah River Site resumes normal activity

A suspicious item was discovered Wednesday afternoon at the Savannah River National Laboratory which prompted emergency responseactivities.

... Read more