The downtown trade, exhibit and event center is expected to come up at todays Augusta Commission meeting, but one board member said he doesnt expect any substantive action to be taken.
Two commissioners who have been vocal proponents for the TEE center Don Grantham and Joe Bowles are out of town, Commissioner Jerry Brigham said.
I just dont anticipate a whole lot getting done today, he said. Were not at full strength.
The meeting is scheduled for 2 p.m. in commission chambers at the Municipal Building, 530 Greene Street.
A list of proposed action items being circulated among commissioners includes:
* Authorizing at least $7 million in bonds for Laney-Walker and Bethlehem revitalization projects.
* Authorizing $9 million in bonds for the TEE center, using the Augusta Richmond County Coliseum Authority as a conduit.
* Authorizing a $1 million loan for inner-city revitalization, from either at tax anticipation note or from general fund reserves.
* Commandeering hotel/motel taxes from the coliseum authority, to be put toward TEE center bond payments, once the bond used to build the James Brown Arena is paid off in February 2010.
* Having the TEE center architects complete a parking analysis.
* Authorizing City Administrator Fred Russell to negotiate for temporary parking for the TEE center, if needed.