Two commissioners who have been vocal proponents for the TEE center Don Grantham and Joe Bowles are out of town, Commissioner Jerry Brigham said.
I just dont anticipate a whole lot getting done today, he said. Were not at full strength.
The meeting is scheduled for 2 p.m. in commission chambers at the Municipal Building, 530 Greene Street.
A list of proposed action items being circulated among commissioners includes:
* Authorizing at least $7 million in bonds for Laney-Walker and Bethlehem revitalization projects.
* Authorizing $9 million in bonds for the TEE center, using the Augusta Richmond County Coliseum Authority as a conduit.
* Authorizing a $1 million loan for inner-city revitalization, from either at tax anticipation note or from general fund reserves.
* Commandeering hotel/motel taxes from the coliseum authority, to be put toward TEE center bond payments, once the bond used to build the James Brown Arena is paid off in February 2010.
* Having the TEE center architects complete a parking analysis.
* Authorizing City Administrator Fred Russell to negotiate for temporary parking for the TEE center, if needed.