Man killed in house fire died of smoke inhalation

A man killed in a fire Friday night died from smoke inhalation, according to an autopsy performed today.

The autopsy was done at the Georgia Bureau of Investigation crime lab in Atlanta, said Richmond County Deputy Coroner Johnny McDonald. The fire occurred Friday night in a house at 1748 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Mr. McDonald said the man’s identity could not be released until next of kin were notified.

Neighbors said at the fire scene that the resident of the house was an eldery man named Charles Gordon.



Savannah River Site resumes normal activity

A suspicious item was discovered Wednesday afternoon at the Savannah River National Laboratory which prompted emergency responseactivities.

... Read more