The Chronicle is offering an innovative approach to online retail and sales. Businesses can utilize the strength of The Augusta Chronicle directly to sell high volumes of goods and services. Readers can purchase deals at 50-90% off regular prices at restaurants, spas, events and more.
The following announcement was sent to Chronicle employees:
"There's quite a deal for you and our community coming soon.
The Augusta Chronicle will be helping the community buy/sell goods and services at highly discounted rates through a new Daily Deal program. We launch Tuesday August 10th.
You'll learn about the deal through print, e-mail and online notices. Customers will click the advertisement on our homepage to begin. You can go ahead and sign up now by clicking the current advertisement on augustachronicle.com.
To help you serve our customers, we are sharing information about how it works and customer service contacts.
1. Sign-up by entering your e-mail.
2. When you see a deal you like, click "Buy now".
3. Fill out the form and "Submit". If the deal is purchased by enough people it will "tip" and become active. The number is set and shared in advance.
4. You will receive e-mails about the status of your purchase. Once the deal closes, you'll receive an e-mail with a link to your voucher to print.
Customers may contact you with questions. Please forward them to:
• General business and customer inquiries: Beth Ann Cudnik, email@example.com or (706) 691-8596
• Technical questions: Dan Rusu, Dan.Rusu@AugustaChronicle.com or 706.823.3693
The Chronicle makes money through a percentage share of what is actually sold. The businesses benefit by selling large inventories of items and services to anyone locally or nationally visiting our site. Readers win obtaining great deals.
What a deal! Sign up today so you will begin receiving the Daily Deal emails August 10th!"
Note: Our newspapers in Athens and Jacksonville have already launched similar programs helping local businesses and readers with success.
Watch for it.