A blog about nothing

Open thread

Off topic? Who needs a topic?

We created this comment thread for you to talk about lunch, atomic fusion, Santa Claus, pretty much whatever you would like. If you chat with your friends here, the other threads will be cleaner and more topical.

The same posting rules apply, so behave yourselves.

As they used to say at the roller rink, it's an all-skate guys; have fun.

• Syndicate content
johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 04/02/10 - 11:07 pm
Who, what, but, the, so. I

Who, what, but, the, so. I hope I didn't offend anyone with my opinion. I feel so Canadian.

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 04/02/10 - 11:09 pm
To quote Flounder in Animal

To quote Flounder in Animal House - "Oh boy is this gonna be great!"

Hey cliffyboy, gimme a call now if you wish, just finished my coffee.....

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 04/02/10 - 11:10 pm
Wait, Sean didn't say we

Wait, Sean didn't say we could torment our enemies here....

Double standards?

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/03/10 - 11:52 am
What??? An ok:: to

What??? An ok:: to rant-moan-beeech-fuss-josh-understand-agree-disagree-get sad- get happy-be amuse-laugh lol-berate-congrat-honor-dishonor-disregard-regard-aggravate-cry-amuse-nnnooooo Sean...actually do these things with AC's ok....still waiting for the sparkles!! I know you got em..Thanks.. Needs a snappy title, idle chatter doesn't fit...my suggestion,, let the posters find a title.;o)

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 04/03/10 - 07:30 pm
So, are we gonna get zapped

So, are we gonna get zapped for "talking out of turn" in Rants and Raves?

Name it TACCR! "The AC Chat Room."

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/03/10 - 07:44 pm
How about "The No Zap Zone."

How about "The No Zap Zone."

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 04/03/10 - 08:15 pm
Sounds good to me! So, I

Sounds good to me! So, I second, "No Zap Zone!"

I take it that Sean does not approve of our chit- chat on R&R. I would rather have received a personal note, and not be "group chastized."

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 04/03/10 - 08:48 pm
Johnston.cliff, you've

Johnston.cliff, you've offended me..... lol!

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 04/03/10 - 08:49 pm
They should have launched

They should have launched this column on April 1st. Somehow it would have seemed appropriate...

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 04/03/10 - 09:18 pm
Hi RE! Good to see you! We're

Hi RE! Good to see you! We're still "fudging" on thr R&R. :o)

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/04/10 - 08:28 am
Suggestion: remove the ads

Suggestion: remove the ads from this particular thread.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 04/04/10 - 12:00 pm
Never happen, Doc! It's still

Never happen, Doc! It's still a propriety thing!

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/04/10 - 12:05 pm
Too true, Jim.

Too true, Jim.

JohnBoy53
JohnBoy53 04/04/10 - 01:40 pm
Hey, Sargebaby, miss you guys

Hey, Sargebaby, miss you guys on the forum but I can no longer log in. Been that way for over a month. The admin" is working on it". :)

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 04/04/10 - 07:17 pm
Hey thar, JB! Been missing

Hey thar, JB! Been missing you too. I wondered where you were. I've been posting on both forums, looking for you! Try this, JB;

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 04/06/10 - 12:16 pm
To our Vets, or anyone, I

To our Vets, or anyone, I have a severely disabled comrade who served with me in Vietnam, who has a request. He is confined to a VA facility, under constant medical care, and has asked me to help him locate a pen pal or two. He doesn't write very often, and his letters are generally short. If any of you would care to communicate with Bill, this is his address:

Mr. William Buckman
325 E. "H" Street
Iron Mountain, MI 49801-4760

Thank you in advance!

pwcolorado
pwcolorado 04/08/10 - 11:17 am
Hey Masters Powers that

Hey Masters Powers that be-Check yourself.

For the Masters to allow Mr. Payne to stand up and chastise Mr. Woods is incredibly hypocritical from a group that did not allow blacks to join until 30 years ago and continues to bar women.

Mr. Payne had no right to chastise Mr. Woods. If Mr. Woods was not at the tourney then Mr. Payne and his gang would be doing all they could to have him back next year.

The Masters was out of line to chastise Mr. Woods.

pwcolorado

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/08/10 - 11:51 am
Payne's press conference was

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/08/10 - 11:55 am
I was surprised that Payne

I was surprised that Payne slammed Tiger. John Boyette had written that morning about it being time to leave all the Tiger stuff behind. Ha...guess Mr. Payne didn't get the message. Go Tiger.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/08/10 - 07:57 pm
Tiger was so upset about Mr.

Tiger was so upset about Mr. Payne's statement, he only shot a 68. Simply amazing, Mr. Woods. Welcome back. No other golfer in the world could pull off such a round at Augusta National after such a layoff and personal persecution. I don't condone your actions, but I respect your game and hope you succeed in all you endeavour.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/08/10 - 07:55 pm
Billy Payne did what he had

Billy Payne did what he had to do for the National""""He is probably "plum" happy Tiger is back playing at the Masters...You know the ole guard has to show they just can't condone those things. I'm sure many pro golfers could match Tiger's list. (maybe not in 1 year though)

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/08/10 - 08:44 pm
Is Mr. Payne going after

Is Mr. Payne going after those in the future who have infidelity problems?

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 04/08/10 - 08:52 pm
Little Lamb says; "Payne's

Little Lamb says; "Payne's press conference was one of those obligatory things to be “on the record” and yet not mean anything. Now, let the toooo-ah-nah-mint begin!"
____________________

Totally agree, LL. That's exactly what I told Precious as we watched him!
The toooo-ah-nah-mint is on!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 04/08/10 - 08:54 pm
Guess we'll have to wait and

Guess we'll have to wait and see on that one, Riverman!

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/08/10 - 08:54 pm
Let's take a look at Tom

Let's take a look at Tom Watson. He has criticized Tiger. Yet, Watson divorced his first wife in 1997 after 25 years of marriage. They have two children. He married Hilary Watson in 1999. She was previously married to pro golfer Denis Watson , 52, with whom she had three children.

According to Denis, it was bad when his wife left him for Watson, almost making it impossible to play tour events.

Any comments, Mr. Payne?

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 04/08/10 - 08:55 pm
It's pouring in Evans! The

It's pouring in Evans! The weather guys were correct! Thunder too!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 04/08/10 - 08:56 pm
Wonder what skeletons are in

Wonder what skeletons are in Mr. Payne's closet?

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/08/10 - 08:57 pm
Ah, finally the pollen

Ah, finally the pollen cleansing rain we need.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 04/08/10 - 09:31 pm
Bless the rain! We may be in

Bless the rain! We may be in for a very dry summer. Scientist say that El Niño may strike at a most inopportune time.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 04/12/10 - 06:39 pm
This keeps up, teens are

This keeps up, teens are going to use this thread to make out. :-X

Georgia to monitor potential Ebola travelers

Georgia is one of six states that will soon begin active monitoring of all travelers from three Ebola-stricken countries in West Africa for the 21 days during which they could develop an infection ...