Until you can plant, read

For our friend Bill Adams

Bill Adams was a friend, coach and THE Master Gardener of Georgia and South Carolina. Unfortunately for all of us, he was killed Sunday afternoon while working in his yard.

Valerie Martin, Master Gardener and Richmond County Extension Service secretary, said Bill always said when his time came he wanted to be in his garden.

Although 72 years may seem like a long life, it was way too short for Bill. After giving so much to so many, he should have had many more years to garden, to teach and to share.

This Garden Gnome is dedicated to our friend. Please send your thoughts about Mr. Bill. We will post all and run comments and photos on Friday's garden page. (The page is composed ahead of time so please write as soon as possible.)

Arrangements are being made through Posey Funeral Home. Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday (sorry about correction) at the funeral home. Services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday. Burial will be in Hillcrest Cemetery.

This is a flower arrangement my buddy Sheila did to honor Mr. Bill and his family. All of the flowers came from his gardens. You can see it at the funeral home.

• Syndicate content
scott-hudson
scott-hudson 11/09/09 - 04:32 pm
When I first heard the story

When I first heard the story of the accident, I did not realize that this was Bill. He was a sweet and wonderful man who made sure the First Saturday Crew always had plenty of plants. Our community has lost a real dear friend.

Scott

kslagle
kslagle 11/09/09 - 04:49 pm
Bill was a wonderful friend

Bill was a wonderful friend to all of the Georgia Master Gardeners, whether they knew him or not. He always had a kind word of encouragement and was a huge proponent of the Master Gardener program and Cooperative Extension. I'll miss his e-mails of thanks and holiday wishes-whatever the holiday was. He was one of a kind and will be missed.

Krissy Slagle

Mom of a gay child
Mom of a gay child 11/09/09 - 05:30 pm
I live down the street from

I live down the street from Mr. Adams. Every day when I go by his home I have to smile and give thanks for the beauty his garden brings to our neighborhood. His yard is a master piece that will live on as a testament to his talent and his love. He never forgot to smile and wave as we went by and our family will miss his presence greatly. My heart goes out to his wife and family. They are in our prayers.

itsdia@hotmail.com
itsdia@hotmail.com 11/09/09 - 07:37 pm
Bill was a superbly

Bill was a superbly accomplished and knowledgeable gardener, but his primary gift was his enthusiasm and willingness to share his vast knowledge and abundant plants.  “Giving away plants is what it all means to me,” he said.  “Root’em, grow’em, and give’em to others so we can all enjoy God’s wonders.”  Bill Adams leaves behind a legacy of friendship, laughter, excitement for life, and genuine love for all of the people he touched during his life.

Dia Bettencourt

Kel
Kel 11/09/09 - 07:41 pm
I also lived a few houses

I also lived a few houses down from Mr. Adams and he was so nice and helpful.  You could stop by and talk to him about a problem you were having in your yard or with a houseplant and he would tell you what he thought.  He also would give you whatever seeds you wanted.  He was always working in his yard and him and his yard brought a lot of joy to a lot of people.  My thoughts and prayers with his family during this difficult time.  He is definitely gardening in heaven!

southernmagnolia
southernmagnolia 11/09/09 - 09:44 pm
Words cannot express the

Words cannot express the profound loss of Bill Adams!  He was such a rare man ... a rose among thorns.  He freely shared his love of gardening through his knowledge and his bounty.  Our Master Gardener is now with THE MASTER GARDENER!

Bill shared the following poem with me.  It was written by C. D. Ponder, 5/31/08.  It is called "He Makes House Calls".

Among his many duties
On the Augusta side of the line
Bill Adams, on rare occasions,
Makes garden house calls in Caroline.

He'll check on your turf and flowers
And any shrubs that seem in need
He's a specialist when it comes to nitrogen
And those dead spots in your centipede.

Although his focus is on the other side of the river
Where he spends the bulk of his time,
His advice is universally applicable
And will work, both in Georgia and Caroline!

Bill, life will not be the same without your smiling face, your words of encouragement, and your teasing.  I miss you my friend!!!  And I will look forward to the day we see each other again.  You can give me a tour of the MASTERS GARDEN!

FrogLegs
FrogLegs 11/09/09 - 10:28 pm
I first met Bill several

I first met Bill several years ago when he use to substitue for our postman.  I never saw him without a smile on his face.  I was from Florida and didn't know much about gardening in Georgia, but learned quick that it was very different.  I had a problem with a weed called Florida Betaney and it took over.  After getting to know Bill I  found out that he knew everything there was to know about gardening. At first he would just give me a few hints and ideas and then he would use the real big words, and then I caught on, he was someone in the know.  I mean someone that I knew I could count on for all my garden questions.  I told my husband about Bill and he said make sure you ask him about that weed we have coming up all over the front flower beds.   Sure enough here comes Bill one day, after not seeing him for several months.  I was so happy this was the big day.   I was going to find out how to get rid of that problem weed for good.  So I asked Bill about that weed and showed him one growing in the bed, so he would know what it was.  He said of course you can get rid of that weed, and I was ready with my pad and pen to jot it down....but was not prepared for the answer.  Bill said to get rid of it I would have to move.  Yes he said pack up and just move.  I knew then I was beat, and sure enough we have sprayed and researched and Bill was right, it is still growing, but we still try, but now instead of a hate for that pest of a weed, I will look at it with different eyes and always remember Bill Adams.

PS  I am very afraid of snakes and I found a very very large one in the summer in the vegtible garden. I could not go back in the garden and had to have neighbors pick the ripe bounty for me.  I asked the Garden Gnome about this problem, which I have had about snakes since childhood and it still did not do any good.  I told the Garden Gnome I would ask Bill Adams because I was sure he could talk me in to going back in that garden, I was sure and was going to call him so he could give me some courage, but now I will be going it alone, and so will so many more of the ones like me he has touched.

Sheila Stahl

vbrowde
vbrowde 11/10/09 - 11:27 am
 I will truly miss

I will truly miss Bill.  He always had a comment ready for any and all my emails. I always looked forward to hearing what he had to say. I sent Bill an email to let him know that I was being transferred to Blackville Edisto REC. This is Bill's response. I thought everyone would enjoy it as much as I did.

Vickie

Good Morning to you also young Lady,

With the talents and exceptional abilities that you posess Vickie you will be an outstanding asset to the research center in Blackville.

I have visited that center several times and if I am not mistaken, I believe the once popular Clemson Sweet canteloupe was developed at Blackville.

In the old days I had many farmer friends down in Barnwell and Blackville Counties who really did well with that canteloupe along with the Ratttlesnake and Charleston Grey Watermelons.  Blackville was once a bustling community and their Farmer's Market was one of the state of SC's biggest and best. BUT, like people we get old and times change.  So do farmers markets.

Best wishes to you down at Blackville and their Research Center, I am sure that you will be missed in Aiken by most.

Don't take this wrong as it is only a bit of humor that I shared  when I retired from the Postal Service and the Postmaster told me that I would be missed.  My response to him was this------If I fill a big ole wash tub with water and then stick my arm down into that water as deep as I can, circling it around in the tub --trying to make a big hole.  Then when I remove my arm, if there is a hole left in that tub of water, then I know that I would be missed but if there is no hole left there then I can be assured that I can always be replaced by others.  I am sure that you will be missed by Suzanne and everyone who depend on your talents more than those who do not.

But in any case enjoy yourself wherever you go.

Bill A

jodiogden
jodiogden 11/10/09 - 11:34 am
I'm still in shock each time

I'm still in shock each time I'm reminded that this really happened...Bill Adams was my uncle, and as I've thought about him over the past couple of days, one thing has remained constant: I can hardly ever remember him being inside! He was such a wonderful husband, father and grandfather. I regret (as we often do when it's too late) that I didn't make more time to visit with he and my Aunt Brenda as I've grown older. I also regret that my children didn't have the opportunity to know him better - my childhood memories are filled with images of him, my aunt and my cousins.

Although as a child I didn't necessarily "appreciate" the work that went into the beauty of his yard, I now realize what immense passion and talent he had. I'm so grateful that he was among the few that truly find their passion and nurture it , not just for themselves, but because of the joy it brings others.

Uncle Bill's gardens were plenty, and beautiful, yes....but MY favorite memories of Uncle Bill aren't of him in a gardening hat- they're of him in a mailman's uniform. When I was in elementary school, my house was not on the bus route. My mom and dad would take me to school each morning, but I, along with some of my friends, would walk home each afternoon. Every day, without question, as I exited my school, there would be my Uncle Bill. He would deliver his mail with a strategy - making sure that his remaining route was the very one I would have to walk home. To this day when I hear the "stop & go" sound of the mail truck, I can't help but smile.

I'm relieved, and extremely grateful, that I can take solice in knowing that my Uncle Bill is now tending to a garden so amazing that I can't even fathom it. However, I can't imagine the pain that my Aunt Brenda, and their girls, are feeling. For if there's one thing on this earth he loved more than his garden, it was his wife and daughters.

Jodi Ogden

baratto
baratto 11/10/09 - 01:05 pm
I will miss Bill. When I

I will miss Bill. When I think about him I think about gardening. It was his passion. He knew a lot about plants and gardening in the South and shared his knowledge with everyone. He was a gardening advocate and seemed to participate in every gardening event and activity. He was much too young to be taken from us so early. I hope Bill has a hoe and rake in hand is working in a beautiful heavenly garden and is at peace.

Larry Baratto

djcoke
djcoke 11/10/09 - 01:22 pm
What a wonderful person Bill

What a wonderful person Bill was.  Always with a ready smile, kind word, even a joke or two.  Never to busy to answer a question and what a wealth of knowledge he had. A big bear of a man with a heart to match. My prayers and thoughts go to his family, friends, and fellow Master Gardeners.

Judy Daviscokenour

MarshaS
MarshaS 11/10/09 - 02:34 pm
The epitome of patience and

The epitome of patience and tenacity, Bill knew no strangers and had a most giving spirit.  Did he ever forget ANYTHING?  I will miss his mischievous expression and his plant rescue techniques.

Marsha S

mlch
mlch 11/10/09 - 02:57 pm
I just learned of Bill's

I just learned of Bill's death at Garden Club today. The community has lost a devoted

steward. Bill was to speak to our club in February. Irreplaceable.

Blessings to his family. He is resting in the ideal Garden.

Mary Louise Capers Hagler

dmpackard
dmpackard 11/10/09 - 03:25 pm
I have never known anyone

I have never known anyone more positive and full of life than Bill Adams was.  He had a life of knowledge and tales he shared, along with his plants.  I'll miss hearing "used to was a rooster..."

Dorothy Packard

cmrodriguez
cmrodriguez 11/10/09 - 03:44 pm
I read this morning two

I read this morning two thoughts for the day and immediately thought of Mr. Adams. These truly exemplify the Mr. Bill Adams I have had the privilege of knowing and working with.

"These are the greatest days of your life. Don't be afraid of them. Love every minute of what you're doing." ~ Terry Bowden

"Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more." ~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

My deepest condolences to Mrs. Adams and your family. My prayers are with you. This world is a beautiful place because of Mr. Bill.  He has profoundly touched so many lives.

Rest in peace my dear friend. I am so glad we got to chat on the phone last Thursday.  Thank you for sweetly referring to me as "Young Lady".

Carol Rodriguez ~ Columbia County Extension Office secretary

vallenotr
vallenotr 11/10/09 - 08:50 pm
Bill was a special and wise

Bill was a special and wise friend.  When someone had a garden question, the response was "ask Bill".  He was willing to help with all of the special projects and never ran out of smiles or hugs. Spending time with him was a wonderful gift.

Ginny Allen

sharonf
sharonf 11/10/09 - 10:07 pm
This is so hard to write

This is so hard to write because I know Bill wouldn’t want all this attention.    He was just that type of guy.  We all have our stories about Bill and how he touched our lives. I was taking the Master Gardener class while I was the secretary at Clemson Extension.  There was this guy who always sat in the back of the class.  I often wondered why he was taking the class.  He seemed to know everything already.  Later, I found out that he had already taken the Georgia Master Gardener class and wanted to see if there was anything new to learn from our class.  His name was Bill Adams.  He made the class fun and inspired me to learn more.  No matter what the topic, Bill always had an answer or a story.  He was a walking encyclopedia.  Bill worked very hard in getting an heirloom garden started at Redcliff Plantation.  I know he spent many hours watering and weeding so it would succeed.  He sent me a thank you note letting me know how much he appreciated my help.  I kept it because it meant so much to me.  Bill was a proud American.  He bought a one-half page ad from me when the Aiken Master Gardener Association had their “Horticulture, History and High Society” conference in 2005.  This is what Bill wanted in the ad . . . “In Honor of The United State of America’s Military Men and Women from South Carolina and Georgia – Many Thanks!  Bill Adams, US Army and Air Force National Guard Retired and a South Carolina and Georgia Master Gardener.”  Bill was a proud American, a proud Master Gardener and a proud military man!  Bill, we will miss you but our memories will continue to bring us joy.  My final thoughts to you Bill . . . “One seed can start a garden, one smile can lift a spirit, one candle can light a room, and one person can make all the difference.”  Bill, I thank you for being you.

Sharon, South Carolina Master Gardener and friend

chrissandyr
chrissandyr 11/10/09 - 11:49 pm
This area has lost a wise

This area has lost a wise and wonderful gardener, and I have lost a friend.  When I was president of the Aiken Master Gardeners, Bill became a friend who came along beside me and supported me.  He was appointed to a committee to start a garden at Redcliffe, and start one he did!  Through hours and hours of hard labor Bill gave birth to that garden and made it a success.  When Bill drove up my driveway, he always reminded me of the old fashioned peddler man, only Bill was giving his wares away.  He not only shared his time, and knowledge, but he shared his plants.  My husband and I were blessed to share time with Bill and Brenda at several Georgia Master gardener conferences, and I will always remember the fun we had in Helen.  Bill you made such a difference with your big generous heart, knowledge of gardening and your gift of sharing.  Bill served his country and his fellow man.  So Bill, this is Sunshine saying I treasured your friendship, loved your jokes, appreciated your knowledge and help, and I will miss you my friend .  Thank you for blessing my life.  Brenda, my thoughts and prayers are with you.  Sandy, Aiken Master Gardener

TJTYSMOM
TJTYSMOM 11/11/09 - 01:38 am
When my now 17 year old son

When my now 17 year old son was competing in 4-H, Mr. Bill gave him advise on how to grow the biggest and best tomatoes around. Over the years, Mr. Bill became the "Bible" on gardening and gave a different meaning to being a "Master" gardener. He was patient, knowledgeable and always had a story to tell. I appreciated all the times he helped me out with gardening questions and I also will always be grateful for sharing with Hephzibah Baptist Church's "Young at Heart" senior adult luncheon group. I have always looked forward to walking through the gardens of Heaven - but more so now that Mr. Bill is there with a helping hand - as always!

Sandra Schumann

sinastewart
sinastewart 11/11/09 - 02:58 am
I was in shock to discover

I was in shock to discover that it was Bill that had been killed.  I first met him while I was enrolled in a master gardener class, and later enjoyed talking with him at their office while putting in my volunteer hours.  I don't believe that he ever met a stranger.  Bill was very likeable.  When he spoke, you could feel his sincereness, and you liked him immediately.  He was very knowledeable about plants and generous in his sharing of information.  Your loved one was special and will be missed.  With prayers of thanks for your love one's life, and prayers of comfort for you.

Thomasina Stewart

"...God will tenderely comfort you ..." II Corinthians 1:7

soilsisterjil
soilsisterjil 11/11/09 - 09:17 am
Goodness, words cannot

Goodness, words cannot express my sadness over Mr. Bill leaving us. But, I know he died doing what he so loved.  There are so many nice things being written about him, and I agree with them all and much more!  I hope he knew how much we all loved him and appreciated him, but if not, he does now.    I started a gardening business, and he rode around in his truck with my sign on it, to help me get some business.  As he told me, that ol' truck goes all over the place!   If I could be a smidgen of the gardener he was, I will be very happy, and give him the credit for it.   He was loved.

chrissandyr
chrissandyr 11/11/09 - 10:19 am
Bill, you taught us so much.

Bill, you taught us so much.  You taught us that life is for sharing and plants are for giving.  Your time on this earth was never for you alone and neither were the plants you grew.  You always seemed to know when a word of encouragement was needed.  It might be simply a greeting, "good morning, Sunshine!" or a card with a heart-felt message, and often a prayer.

And you knew when a word of encouragement of a different kind was needed, and unlike most of us, you took the time to write a letter of encouragement.

You made our world richer and so much more meaningful, Bill, by spreading your gentile energy among us, connecting us all in little steps to the One who gave life to the plants, animals and humans of our earth and to each other.

Your deep love for Brenda and the wise love and concern you had for your family were inspirations to me.  Thank you for sharing your life with us all.  Thank you, Bill, for giving so much.  It has been my blessing to be your friend.

Chris, Ga Master Gardener

tkmills
tkmills 11/11/09 - 03:27 pm
I am one of the

I am one of the fortunate recipients of Bill’s 4:00 am letter writing. In 2004-05 when a small group of volunteers decided to add a hydrangea garden to Pendleton King Park, Bill sent me numerous letters, first warning me of obstacles we would encounter and later letters of encouragement.

In the beginning Bill was somewhat dubious of our ability to pull off such a big project. I guess he had seen too many incompleted projects in our area. “A new idea is delicate. It can be killed by a sneer or a yawn; it can be stabbed to death by a quip, and worried to death by a frown on the right man’s (or woman’s) brow”. Quoting Mark Twain, he wrote “The person with a new idea is just a crank until the idea succeeds”. “Good ideas need ‘landing gears’ as well as wings”.

As it became apparent to him that we could do it, letters of suggestions and encouragement started arriving, sometimes two and three page letters filled with hydrangea history and clever wisdom. The letters were always delivered by “snail mail”. “When we pray, we send our messages and wants to God to answer by ‘e-mail’, but when God answers, he answers by ‘snail-mail’. If ‘snail-mail’ is good enough for God, then it is good enough for me.” Most letters contained donations honoring local hydrangea pioneers instrumental in popularizing hydrangeas such as John Bartram, Ted Stephens, Michael Dirr, the McCorkles and Kay Bowman. We were pleased that he also honored our hard working park volunteers.

Bill was a wise man, a caring man, and a giving man…the attributes of a true volunteer.

So timely, I found in my files this poem Bill sent me written by David B. Stewart:

We know not what the future holds

But take each day as it unfolds

The better with the sweet God blends.

We wisely take what’ere He sends.

His dealings are in wisdom made,

The warming sun or the chilling shade.

On mountain top or in the dell

Our Father doeth all things well.

Kay Mills

sbholme
sbholme 11/11/09 - 04:21 pm
As coordinator of the Master

As coordinator of the Master Gardener program in Aiken, Bill, the Dirt Dauber,  and I became friends after he took the class 10 years ago.  After taking the class at Clemson, he then took it over in Georgia.  I teased him that I was not smart enough so he had to go over to let Sid Mullis teach him.  He always replied that I was his favorite county agent. He was one of the most active members we had.  He took care of the heirloom garden at Redcliffe for years and introduced healing squash to hundreds of people. He  was always particularly interested in teaching youngsters about gardening.   I was the recipient of several of Bill's  letters.  If he had something on his mind, good and bad, he let you know. Thank goodness most of the ones he sent me were praiseful!  One time when Clemson's budget was cut, Bill along with many other constituents of Clemson Extension, wrote letters to the govenor.  Bill was the only one that received a response!

While working with people taking the Master Gardener class, I have found that there are two kinds of people-the takers and givers.  The takers are the people who take the class for their own benefit and you never see them again.  The givers are the ones who volunteer in their communities and are always giving back- Bill was one of these. He was giving advice, sharing plants, solving garden problems, teaching kids, giving monetary gifts to projects in need.  The Master Gardeners have to report the time they spent volunteering to me and Bill's reports were always noteworthy.  In one he wrote, "I make site visits and find helping people for free to be a most rewarding experience and when these (young but old) folks take the time to purchase, address, stamp, and mail a personal cardof thanks, then the experience is even more rewarding." If all the people that Bill had helped did this, it would be in the thousands.  Thanks Bill for all you did for me.

I just wish I could hug Bill one more time-I will miss his twinkling eyes, his funny comments, and his friendship.

Suzanne Holmes, Clemson Extension Office, Aiken County

sgchristine
sgchristine 11/11/09 - 10:52 pm
 I have read and reread all

I have read and reread all the comments about our dear friend Bill.  It's hard to believe that one individual this day and time could and would so unselfishly give time, guidance and financial support to so many individuals, organizations, communities and so on.

Bill's untimely death has left the gardening world way too soon and he will never be forgotten.

He supported so many of our gardening projects and now we are thinking---How can we honor Bill Adams?

Linda Christine, Master Gardener

Aiken, S. C.

chrisbee65
chrisbee65 11/12/09 - 10:14 am
I remember when My Aunt

I remember when My Aunt Brenda & Uncle Bill got married...in the garden. I was young, maybe not quite 8, but I remember that wedding & how pretty it was. And I remember how after the wedding, all the kids were outside, playing and just enjoying the day. I was way too young to really appreciate what the true beauty of that day was...but as the years went by, as they do-way too fast...one thing was absolutely undisputable...on that wedding day, what God had joined together could not - would not - be undone. I have never met another couple so in love with their "better half" as my Aunt & Uncle were. And Uncle Bill was "old school", he treated my Aunt Brenda like every woman secretly desires to be treated... you know, like while the rest of the world was getting all wrapped in in "womens lib" & the so-called "equality issues", my Uncle Bill chose NOT to bring his wife DOWN in order to be "equal" & he always treated her like a princess, like a lady - always. And after surviving the "teenage years" of 3 daughters, and watching each one of them grow into wives & parents themselves.. and discovering that you actually can love somebody as much as your own kids: your grandbabies!, and through all those years of the roller-coaster rides of parenthood...my Uncle Bill & Aunt Brenda still held hands when they walked around wal-mart & still looked at each other with sparkles in their eyes like two 16 year-olds just discovering "love". It never got "old" to them. I can honestly say if their is a such thing as "soul-mates" - it's them!

My Uncle Bill was a "Big" man. Like a Gentle giant, I guess. And he never met a stranger & I don't believe he forgot ANYTHING - ever! And when he spoke, it was with purpose...he wasn't one much for "small talk". But with humor, and sometimes just a hint of sarcasm...he could share so much true wisdom...not just knowledge.

I know most people do associate Uncle Bill with his "gardening", and I do recall much of that, also. I do not believe that I can recall a time that I visited their home that I was not given a spring of "something", wrapped in a wet paper towel, and directions on what to do with it.

But I  also remember spaghetti, and jokes, and honesty, and a bible verse always ready to be shared-no matter what was going on. Speaking his mind, unapologetically. And never rudely, or arragantly - not afraid to correct a wrong - no matter who you were--but when he did so, he had the "proof", so to speak - to back up anything he was saying. And smart --- I know he probably knew most everything there was to know about the "plant world"... but he knew A LOT about a lot more than just plants, too. And like I said before... I do not believe he ever forgot ANYTHING. He was up to date & had an opinion on politics & current events, and knew history like the back of his hand, and something about a little bit of everything in between.

And with all his knowledge and wisdom, he was still a humble, gentle soul. He didn't "put on airs"... "what you see is what you get" - he didn't need to try to impress...but if you gave him just a few minutes of your attention...I guarentee you walked away impressed.

He was a lot of things to a lot of people...he wore many hats - from military to "best papa"...cook, gardener, and I'm sure "bable bottle washer" a time or two...but I think I'll always remember his unashamedly devotion & love for his wife, daughters & grandchildren. The rest of the world may have "advanced" through those years --- but his "old-fashioned" love for his family is what I remember about him.

Way back when...in that garden, on his wedding day, I remember sticking my nose into a "Tiger Lily" & getting orange pollen all over (and up) my nose. I also remember how pretty my Aunt looked & how proud he looked.... I may have quit sticking my nose into flowers but the look he & my aunt had for each other on that day never changed.

Pretty rare these days. But you know...he was a kind of rare creature. Too bad for us.

He may have been a "big guy" in stature --- but his body-size was only a tiny percent of the size of his heart.

And if their is a garden in heaven --- the Master Gardener of this world just became the MASTER'S Gardener in heaven.

Aunt Brenda, Connie, Joy & Leslie (and all those beautiful yungins of ya'lls),                   I know that Uncle Bill left a legacy in each one of ya'll & his impact on this world will carry on through each one of ya'll. I know he also left such an awesome gift for each of ya'll in his journals & bibles & letters to each one of ya'll - that he created over the years - for each one of ya'll. When I was over Tuesday, and was shown a couple of the journals that he kept for each and everyone of ya'll, I knew that it would be his very own words, written to each one of you almost daily since each one of ya'll entered his life, that would be your comfort in these days to come. What an awesome gift he has left for each of ya'll. He was truly a remarkable man. How blessed each of you are to have had him in your lives.

God bless each of ya'll. I know today is going to be hard & I wouldn't expect losing someone so dear & special to be "easy". I just hope that your hearts will be comforted in the knowledge that we do all have in Christ  Jesus our Savior - we know right where he is - and right where he will be when we get there, too.

I'm here for each of you. If you need anything in the days and weeks, to come...please just let me know.

Chris Braddy

Beattybugs
Beattybugs 11/13/09 - 02:09 pm
You left behind a garden,

You left behind a garden, Bill,

That we'll now gladly tend.

We'll sprinkle it with laughter, dedication and good friends.

We'll do our best to make it bloom,

And thinking all the while,

That you, dear Bill, are looking down,

And giving us a smile.