Saving money and shopping smarter in Augusta

Win Tickets to Attic Sale Preview Party

Local residents can win two free tickets to the 60th Annual Attic Sale Preview Party today from 7 to 10 p.m. at the Augusta Exchange Fairgrounds.

The Junior League’s 60th Annual Attic Sale will be held Saturday from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.  Items will include children’s clothing, household goods, electronics, appliances and more. Admission to the sale is free, but tickets to the preview party are regularly $20 each.

To enter the ticket drawing, please respond below by giving your answer to the following question by 3 p.m. Tickets must be picked up by 5 p.m. at The Augusta Chronicle News Building, 725 Broad St.

Question: What is your favorite yard sale or Attic Sale purchase?

All entries will be collected and a winner will be chosen at random.

• Syndicate content
sjterronez
sjterronez 03/02/12 - 03:03 pm
My favorite purchase is

My favorite purchase is furniture and items to decorate my house! Thanks

burnst
burnst 03/02/12 - 03:15 pm
My favorite purchase from a

My favorite purchase from a yard sale is compact discs from the early 90's that are very hard to find now.

xwestopherx
xwestopherx 03/02/12 - 03:31 pm
My favorite purchase from a

My favorite purchase from a yard sale was 2 years ago. My mother and I were looking around at a yard sale in Grovetown when we found this antic turn table that had no price on it. We ended up getting it for $25 only later to find out it was worth over $8,000!

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/02/12 - 03:35 pm
I have no doubt I've thrown

I have no doubt I've thrown away "stuff" for my mother and myself worth zillions. But the point is....it's in the way.

kslanting
kslanting 03/02/12 - 03:45 pm
My favorite purchase from a

My favorite purchase from a yard sale was 2 vintage glass globe lamps I got for $15. I cleaned them up and got new shades. Now I get so many compliments on them!

mani
mani 03/02/12 - 03:51 pm
My favorite purchase from a

My favorite purchase from a yard sale was a set of Ping Golf Clubs! Still using them today.

maryann73
maryann73 03/02/12 - 03:52 pm
I went to an estate sale and

I went to an estate sale and saw a beautiful chair for $95. I didn't buy it, went to a yard sale down the street, and bought an identical one for $2.! I must say though that my favorite purchases are the ones my children would make. Whatever "treasure" they found and purchased with their 50 cents, and their joy from it, made me happy.

Lindsay S Thetford
Lindsay S Thetford 03/02/12 - 05:09 pm
Congrats xwestopherx! You are

Congrats xwestopherx! You are our winner. Please pick up your tickets at The Augusta Chronicle News Building by 5 pm.