Video: Scuba Snack

Bear, my 2-year-old "All-American" dog, adopted me in October of 2007. He was living outside a hotel in Birmingham, Ala. The little guy was pretty emaciated when I found him. I tell you this to explain Bear's very special relationship with food.

He hearts it.

Drop a morsel on the floor and Bear will be all over it like a little shop-vac. ANY kind of morsel. One day last week, a piece of onion (yes, onion) fell to the floor. Bear sucked it up faster than greased lightning. He grimaced a little as he chewed (which he does rarely) but he ate it.

So, now you've learned that taste is no obstacle for Bear's culinary desires. Well, obstacles aren't an obstacle for him either.

Here is an example...

(Does your pet do something unusual, cute, weird or funny? Tell me about it.)

• Syndicate content
Connor Threlkeld
Connor Threlkeld 03/12/09 - 01:35 pm
I have a cat that's partial

I have a cat that's partial to bugs. Unfortunately for the furniture, blinds, and general welfare of the house, he's partial to bugs. He's learned over time that he can't take on big spiders (I saw him wrestling with one that was bigger than his mouth, he lost), but he's pretty effective overall. He really doesn't like millipedes, all the legs must tickle his tounge as he tries to eat them, because he makes this weird cat noise and jumps away.

And before you ask, no, we don't have an insect-infested house. This happens like once every couple of months. But it's fun to watch. If only he was good enough we could cancel our pest control service...

Jonathan Dozier
Jonathan Dozier 03/12/09 - 10:00 pm
10-Minute Raccoon Butt Shelf

10-Minute Raccoon Butt Shelf

Not strictly on-topic. But I'm guessing the prospect of food got him in this situation.

"A raccoon shimmied up a tree in plain view of my living room windows, stuck his head in a squirrel hole and couldn't get it back out. I made a butt shelf because he was just hangin' there twisting and turning."

artsy fartsy
artsy fartsy 03/13/09 - 01:38 pm
My cat Peaches freaks out

My cat Peaches freaks out when you crumple up a piece of paper.  She can be on the other end of the house and as soon and you ball up the paper, she's there in matter of seconds.  She wants you to throw the paper ball so she can chase it, which she does. But as soon as the ball stops, she loses interest since it stopped moving.  It's the funniest thing to watch!

Connor Threlkeld
Connor Threlkeld 03/13/09 - 01:50 pm
That reminds me about my cat

That reminds me about my cat (same one from above), who goes crazy when you use the ice dispenser in the door of the fridge. Playing with toys? Ice Time! Napping? Ice Time! Eating dinner? Ice Time! Tail on fire? Ice Time! Same as you mentioned, comes running from anywhere in the house. We have to lock the dispenser because he figured out that if jumps up at it, something might happen.

Galan Lewis
Galan Lewis 04/02/09 - 11:27 am
My dog, Heidi goes nuts over

My dog, Heidi goes nuts over this fake birdcage looking thing in my bathroom (don't ask it was my grandmothers and has sentimental value to me) and it happens to have this little bird that sits on the edge right were she can see it's body & tail. She will stand on her back legs and just stare at it like it's going to fly right off it's perch.  It's really funny when you start making "tweet, tweet, tweet" noises while she's doing it.  She goes totaly crazy. She's looking at me like she's thinking, "Momma there's a dang bird inthe house and you are just sitting there looking & laughing at me"  It's a hoot to watch!

Connor Threlkeld
Connor Threlkeld 04/02/09 - 11:44 am
My grandfather had something

My grandfather had something just like that (little bird cage about a foot tall with a little fake yellow bird), so I know exactly what you are talking about. I'm sure my cats woud flip if they saw it.

Nate Owens
Nate Owens 04/20/09 - 04:37 pm
Our dogs (we have 9 dogs and

Our dogs (we have 9 dogs and 3 cats!) like to help when we are working on our laptops.

Gracie is part whippet and Max (bottom photo) is Rottweiler + Basset + ?

[MaxTechSupport.jpg]

Salty (below) a cat we used to have liked to take a ride on your shoulders while you were doing stuff in the kitchen... Salty also loved to ride in the car and would usually lay on the dashboard right in front of the steering wheel. She got a lot of attention from passing cars. Many cats totally freak when you put them in the car.

[carol_cat_shoulder.jpg]

More of our critters at http://natesartpad.blogspot.com/
Click on "Cold Noses and Warm Fuzzies"

Nate Owens
Nate Owens 04/20/09 - 04:07 pm
I only posted once, but it

I only posted once, but it showed up 3 times and I see no way to delete the extras... any ideas on how to make them go away? - I edited the duplicates but could not delete them. Sorry.

achet
achet 05/05/09 - 03:42 am
Our dog is a Jack Russes

Our dog is a Jack Russes cross Blue healer and she is three years old. Ever since we got her, she has been very affectionate towards people - she absolutely loves to be around them all the time. However, my problem is this - she is absolutely CRAZY around other dogs..And this is all other dogs. She barks at them, and tries to bite them if she is close enough. Usuually when we are confronted by another dog at the park etc I am forced to pick her up (which I have been told is a bad idea because it gives her the impression that shes in a dangerous situation) however, when other dogs are not on a lead this is the only way I can stop her biting them.