You call this traffic?

No really. Where is the absolute closest thing we have to a regular traffic jam?

Washington Road between Alexander and I-20?

It's the west Augusta commuting curse. In the morning, you drive into the sun. At night going home, you drive into the sun.

Bobby Jones Expressway south of Gordon Highway?

So many pickups, so little berm. I feel like I'm driving on a ridge.

Riverwatch in the morning?

Wrightsboro Road in front of the mall?

Walton Way at the end of the day?

Think the lanes are narrow now? You should have navigated them with the land yachts of the late 1950s.

Tell me what you think.

• Syndicate content
rioridge
rioridge 04/17/07 - 10:19 am
Morgan Road between Gordon

Morgan Road between Gordon Highway and Tobacco Road. Just awful to drive on.

Bill Kirby
Bill Kirby 04/17/07 - 11:11 am
What time?Just so I can

What time?

Just so I can avoid it ...

CantTrustaDumbocrat
CantTrustaDumbocrat 04/18/07 - 10:43 pm
Washington Road between

Washington Road between Bobby Jones and Club Car.

adrian22
adrian22 04/18/07 - 09:25 am
Washington and

Washington and Alexander..Riverwatch and Gordon Hwy. My dad and I own WrightOne Paint and Body on Gordon Hwy. I live on Steven's Creek and he lives on Skinner Mill. It is the most difficult route to and from work that I have ever seen. WrightOne Paint and Body Shop 1850 Gordon Highway, Suite A Augusta, GA 30904 bus:706.733.7115 fax:706.733.7143

beachlover
beachlover 04/19/07 - 05:41 am
Washngton Road between

Washngton Road between Belair Rd & Bobby Jones..horrible anytime of the day

YellowHammer
YellowHammer 04/19/07 - 05:53 am
Grovetown is rapidly

Grovetown is rapidly becoming a traffic nightmare. The explosive growth of the last 5 years has made the current road infrastructure grossly inadequate. It's only going to get worse as more and more folks move into western Columbia Co.

Phish
Phish 04/19/07 - 11:02 pm
Who is the genius traffic

Who is the genius traffic engineer that came up with these off/on accelerate decellerate ramps i.e. WB Bobby Jones to go south on US 1 while NB US 1 tries to go west on Bobby Jones The same at Gordon Hwy and Bobby Jones and I20and BJ

rainingoranges
rainingoranges 04/19/07 - 11:33 pm
Seriously? Windsor Spring

Seriously? Windsor Spring Road between Tobacco Road and Willis Foreman. It is terrible during school movement times. Especially since Willis Foreman is closed because of the bridge.

HillGuy
HillGuy 04/20/07 - 01:37 pm
I have to laugh.. because

I have to laugh.. because none of these really qualify as traffic jams.. traffic annoyances perhaps.. not traffic jams. Try the downtown connector in Atlanta .. that is what a real traffic jam is. Having lived in real large cities, I find it funny how so many in Augusta like to compare this city with big cities. It's not folks, get over yourself. Augusta isn't anything but Mayberry on a few steroids.

toenail
toenail 04/22/07 - 04:27 pm
Traffic in Augusta?.. Your

Traffic in Augusta?.. Your Joking right? I drive Atlanta, New York, Chicago, Los angeles, Dallas, Washington DC. Now they have traffic. Augusta is just a small town. It doesn't have any!

kdrummer
kdrummer 04/23/07 - 12:59 pm
I left the northern Virginia

I left the northern Virginia area 1 1/2 years ago. You know nothing about traffic until you lived it like I did for years. Atlanta people know my pain too. I moved here because this is so nice. Calm down, it isnt that bad!

Georgia Regents' hospital plan chosen