Tickets are available for a series of talks in Augusta next month by expert speakers with innovative ideas about education, business, science, technology and creativity.
TEDxAugusta 2018 wil begin at 9:30 a.m. Feb. 3 at the Miller Theater, 708 Broad St.
TEDxAugusta is an offshoot of an idea begun by the nonprofit media organization TED – Technology,Entertainment, Design – which has shared talks on “ideas worth spreading” since the group was founded as a conferencwe in 1984.
Event attendees will hear 18 local and national speakers give talks centered around this year’s theme, Venture. The speakers and their talks are:
• Ashish Thakur: A life turned upside down in a small Southern town, then turned back around.
• Colin Owen: Hi, You Might Know Me.
• Jame Geathers: Taking Off The Mask of Bipolar
• Jared Williams: Passion or Paycheck? A case for not playing it safe.
• Jeff Annis: Culture of MOJO – The Secret to Business Success.
• Julie Robins: The Healing Power of Horses.
• Matthew Malcolm Banks: There’s No Love Like A Father’s Love!
• Michael Rollock: Prescribing Purpose: Light Where there is no Light.
• Natalie Schweers: Invest Like Girls.
• Patrick Darnell: Re-Imagining Church.
• Rob Lamberts: Hi, I’m Rob and I’m a Recovering Doctor.
• Scott Thorp: How You Innovate Already: They Key to User Innovation.
• Tara Rice Simkins: Venture to Listen.
• Tirrany Thurmond: Resiliency and Self-Discovery through Ancestral Research.
• Tom Hubbard: When you come to a fork in the road … take it!
• Tom Patterson: Time for Tradecraft.
• Travis Hamilton: Toppling Silos: Improving Medicine for Enhanced Surgical Recovery.
• Victor Hwang: What Do We Know and What We Do – Entrepreneurship and the Economic Development of Society.
The emcee for the event will be Celeste Headlee, who was on the TEDxAugusta stage in 2015 with her talk “Don’t Find a Job, Find a Mission.” She is the executive producer and host of On Second Thought on Georgia Public Broadcasting in Atlanta, and has been a host and correspondent for National Public Radio and Public Radio International since 2006.
Tickets are on sale now at the following levels:
Premier: $125 - Priority Admission for superior seating, Invitation to post-event reception, TEDxAugusta shirt, creative refreshments and snacks, clever activities.
General: $65 - One general admission, TEDxAugusta shirt, creative refreshments and snacks, clever activities.
Balcony: $45 - One upstairs general admission, TEDxAugusta shirt, creative refreshments and snacks, clever activities.
Youth: $20 - Ages 14-20. One upstairs general admission, TEDxAugusta shirt, creative refreshments and snacks, clever activities.
Patron Premier: $250 - Acknowledgement in program and arcade, priority admission for superior seating, invitation to post-event reception, TEDxAugusta shirt, creative refreshments and snacks, clever activities.
Group: $50 - General Admission for 10, TEDxAugusta shirt, creative refreshments and snacks, clever activities.
To purchase tickets and find more on TEDxAugusta, visit www.tedxaugusta.com.